The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

That's consistent with what I've heard. From what I've heard retailers are not supposed to sell the authentics for under the $299 MSRP and the Premiers for under $114, as directed by Reebok. Of course there are ways around it.

A retailer posted some documents from RBK on another jersey site (NLT so I can't link it anymore) that showed there are certain blackout dates governing when retailers can sell jerseys below the MSRP - it was quite restrictive.

As far as I have heard the wholesale price for Edge Authentics is in the $150-170 range, but that doesn't mean that someone selling them for $300 is ripping anyone off or price gouging.

My days of retail are far behind me, but what I learned growing up working in family store was you always try to buy for 1 and sell for 2. Just because an item has a markup of $150 doesn't mean it's $150 of profit by any stretch. I'm not trying to defend the price of the RBK Edge jerseys, I'm just saying it's not the retailer's fault and it's not as simple as saying why can't they just sell them at $20 over wholesale.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A retailer posted some documents from RBK on another jersey site (NLT so I can't link it anymore) that showed there are certain blackout dates governing when retailers can sell jerseys below the MSRP - it was quite restrictive.

As far as I have heard the wholesale price for Edge Authentics is in the $150-170 range, but that doesn't mean that someone selling them for $300 is ripping anyone off or price gouging.

My days of retail are far behind me, but what I learned growing up working in family store was you always try to buy for 1 and sell for 2. Just because an item has a markup of $150 doesn't mean it's $150 of profit by any stretch. I'm not trying to defend the price of the RBK Edge jerseys, I'm just saying it's not the retailer's fault and it's not as simple as saying why can't they just sell them at $20 over wholesale.

Without getting in trouble, BINGO!

General rule of thumb, with clothing of all kinds, take the MSRP sticker price and cut in half. Plus as someone else stated, there are rules we have to follow.

As I see it, there are two issues here, the price and the product. I understand the pricing and how it works. My issue is with the product that is being supplied. At some point, the current supply of the play-dry material will run out and RBK will need more to continue production. Why not then switch to air-knit like the players use and like we want? I know there are only a few people who know the difference, but that works both ways because it isn't exactly like people will be mad if they do make a change.

As I see it, there are two issues here, the price and the product. I understand the pricing and how it works. My issue is with the product that is being supplied. At some point, the current supply of the play-dry material will run out and RBK will need more to continue production. Why not then switch to air-knit like the players use and like we want? I know there are only a few people who know the difference, but that works both ways because it isn't exactly like people will be mad if they do make a change.

Haha, PlayDry will never run out. I think honestly it might have something to do with their contract with the league.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to OP for this thread. I really never had any idea about this until I came here. After getting my first edge 2.0, I really can't imagine getting anything else in the newer RBK stuff. It's already quite a realization how much better I like authentics than I do the premiers. Kind of can't believe I'd pay $190 or whatever for a customized premier knowing what I know now. If only the 2.0's were a little easier to come by via retail!

-John

I didn't know there were such thing as Canadian guidos!

Tell that to the Rizzuto family ! :)

I finally got a 2.0...black Flyers. Hate it. Prefer the 1.0. The sleeves are too baggy. I'm hoping it grows on me.

I finally got a 2.0...black Flyers. Hate it. Prefer the 1.0. The sleeves are too baggy. I'm hoping it grows on me.

Where did you get it from? I didnt pick one up when they were on clearance at Meigray, and I completely regret it

Where did you get it from? I didnt pick one up when they were on clearance at Meigray, and I completely regret it

eBay. Some dude was selling one a while ago and it never sold, so I threw him an offer and he took it.

And Brilliant! hahahah I'm no Ruskie. I don't know, it just fits weird. I know it's weird but I like the 1.0. They're heavier and form fitting. The 2.0 has wizard sleeves. I look like a freakin' gypsy in it.

I really like the fit of the Edge 1.0, but we all know the problem with the material. I imagine the 2.0 fit-wise would be more like what we used to have with the 6100s?

I really like the fit of the Edge 1.0, but we all know the problem with the material. I imagine the 2.0 fit-wise would be more like what we used to have with the 6100s?

Hahaha. Look, I know the problems with the 1.0's very well, but I like the way they fit best out of all styles of jerseys that I own. I'm sure the 2.0's have the "edge" on longevity, they're just not the best fitting. I'm sure I'll like it, the sleeves just irritate me.

ECHO ECHO

ECHO ECHO

Sorry, either the site or my internet connection was acting sketchy when I was replying. :blink:

Sorry, either the site or my internet connection was acting sketchy when I was replying. :blink:

It's o.k!

I love your signature and avatar! :)

Never gonna get sick of that goal! YA BABY!