The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Thanks for the reply.

So basicly, the only Edge version EVER available in retail shops is the 1.0, correct? There is no difference between the first ones with the EA2008 tag and the ones of last season?

I thought there had been a 1.0 and then the rest were 2.0 but I understand I was totally wrong now.

I recently bought 8 x Pittsburgh Penguins Reebok Edge from last season when they sold them out for 149 USD apiece. In hindsight, that was a good buy

considering they now have switched to the Indigo Edge?

But why all the talk about 2.0 if they are not available to the public?

Yep. Well, to an extent, yes, 1.0's are mainly the only ones available, except for the two exceptions I listed. And no, ignore the EA tag, it means nothing, it was just an advertisement. I bought one last year that was the exact same as another I picked up with the EA tags. I picked up around 10 1.0's last year at a Flyers sale for $10 a piece and I'm very happy.

It's not Indigo Edge, it's Indo Edge. Authentics are typically made in Canada, the "Indo-Edge" is made in Indonesia, and isn't authentic really anymore, it just "replicates" the on-ice style.

2.0's aren't impossible to get, you just have to find a game issued one or something. I believe most of the AHL retails 2.0's, for the record, but the NHL only retails 1.0's for the most part. With little to no extra effort on my part, I own 3 2.0's without even trying, a Flyers, a Phantoms, and a 2011 All-Star which retailed as a 2.0.

7187 - 1.0

7287 - 2.0

7231 - Indo-Edge.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply.

So basicly, the only Edge version EVER available in retail shops is the 1.0, correct? There is no difference between the first ones with the EA2008 tag and the ones of last season?

I thought there had been a 1.0 and then the rest were 2.0 but I understand I was totally wrong now.

I recently bought 8 x Pittsburgh Penguins Reebok Edge from last season when they sold them out for 149 USD apiece. In hindsight, that was a good buy

considering they now have switched to the Indigo Edge?

But why all the talk about 2.0 if they are not available to the public?

Because the majority of people prefer 2.0 to 1.0 so they where also hoping that eventually they would become retail as well year after the NHL switched most of the players over to 2.0 but it never happened. Like stated there are couple of cases of RETAIL 2.0, Winnipeg jets and last years All-Stars and possibility of this years Winter Classic jerseys, although there is a seller on ebay that has retail 2.0 Jets jerseys thats saying that the next batch is going to be Indo-edge not 2.0... 2.0 can be had if you have teh right connections to get blank team issued (sometimes can find the smaller sizes) or even game issued and strip them (usually 56+ in size). $149 isn't a bad price, but RCS had a sale for the 1.0's at one point @ $99. If they continue with the indo-edge direction then the 1.0 could become more valuable.

7187 - 1.0

7287 - 2.0

7231 - Indo-Edge.

What he said, but don't forget the neck tag on the 2.0's still read 7187, however the rest of the taging says 7287 & Air-knit is on the materials tag

Terrific replys!

I feel like I am up to date now with the Reebok Edges - thanks alot!

JohnnyOnTheSpot:

Btw, did you seriously buy Reebok 1.0 Edge jerseys for 10$ apiece? Sounds too good to be true.

:thumbsup:

And yea, I almost crapped myself. They had authentic Flyers and Phantoms for $10 a piece. I would have grabbed many more in hindsight, but I ended up leaving with around 14 in total.

Here's the haul:

2011-07-17113944.jpg

Personally I'm happy this thread continues to live on and educate ...

I too wish I had stocked up on 1.0s even though I prefer 2.0s, simply because both of those are becoming increasingly rare.

Personally I'm happy this thread continues to live on and educate ...

I too wish I had stocked up on 1.0s even though I prefer 2.0s, simply because both of those are becoming increasingly rare.

Is it really too late to stock up the 1.0? Or did you mean get it for 99$ or 10$?

:thumbsup:

And yea, I almost crapped myself. They had authentic Flyers and Phantoms for $10 a piece. I would have grabbed many more in hindsight, but I ended up leaving with around 14 in total.

Here's the haul:

2011-07-17113944.jpg

Wow. Terrific deals :)

I suppose they did not have any of the 3rd Orange jerseys? That was the Flyers alternate jersey last season wasn´t it?

Is it really too late to stock up the 1.0? Or did you mean get it for 99$ or 10$?

No not entirely too late. I just meant I passed on some 1.0s that were on sale because I falsely assumed they'd be releasing 2.0s for retail this season.

If they are no longer making 1.0s for retail, then they will get more rare, but there are still a lot out there now. Just seems like many of the blowout sales have passed.

Every time I see that picture I dream of a similar Caps haul

I almost cried dude. I started yelling and jumping like a sissy, then filled my arms. I've been to this sale before and it usually is decent...I ran up to the table, said "how much?" The dude said "$10." I looked at him and literally said "...are you f***ing kidding me?" I then spazzed and filled my arms.

To add a little to this.

The 1.0's were originally worn on the ice by all the teams at the start of the '07-'08 season also. MANY players complained about them so during the second half of the '07-'08 season the 2.0's were introduced. Almost all players now wear the 2.0 jerseys. The 1.0's all have the Reebok Vector on the back of the jersey at the neck. I believe that Reebok no longer makes 1.0's for retail.

The indo-edge have never and will never be worn on the ice, they would fall apart if pro's tried to play hockey in them. The indo-crap all have the Reebok word mark on the back of the neck.

NOW I AM REALLY CONFUSED:

akteon, on 08 December 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

CONFIRMED

The only two retail NHL Edge 2.0s seen in the wild have been the 2011 All-Star jerseys and the 2011-12 Jets jerseys. All other 2.0s have been gamers/team-issue, thus had the feature Rage listed (no inside collar tagging and extra stitching on fight strap).

Then where is this Ebay seller JerseyBaron getting his non-jets 2.0s? They can't be retail versions according to your explanation.

Thanks,

MErci.

NOW I AM REALLY CONFUSED:

akteon, on 08 December 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

CONFIRMED

The only two retail NHL Edge 2.0s seen in the wild have been the 2011 All-Star jerseys and the 2011-12 Jets jerseys. All other 2.0s have been gamers/team-issue, thus had the feature Rage listed (no inside collar tagging and extra stitching on fight strap).

Then where is this Ebay seller JerseyBaron getting his non-jets 2.0s? They can't be retail versions according to your explanation.

Thanks,

MErci.

Why are you posting the same thing in two different threads? The jerseybaron discussion is going on in another thread that you already posted in.

As I said before, if you have a question for a particular eBay seller, why don't you ask him yourself?

Are you going to continue to be any annoying little twit and post this in more threads? :rolleyes:

so what type of jerseys are the NHL players wearing this season? Their Jerseys have the reebok word mark on them as well. But they are not indo edge. They are still Canadian made 2.0, right?

Edited by steezyb

so what type of jerseys are the NHL players wearing this season? Their Jerseys have the reebok word mark on them as well. But they are not indo edge. They are still Canadian made 2.0, right?

Yep, high-res photos from games as well as a few game worn jerseys folks have gotten from this season indicate they are 2.0s just with the wordmark.

Yep, high-res photos from games as well as a few game worn jerseys folks have gotten from this season indicate they are 2.0s just with the wordmark.

ok thanks....... I thought so. just wanted to make sure. I wish they would just sell 2.0 for all the Retail Authentic Jersey's. Or at least make 1.0's again. Hopefully the Indo Edge's will not be perminent. The retail 2012 Winter Classic Jerseys are 2.0 according to Shop NHL. It lists (air knit) as the material, and Canada as Country of Origin.

Did anyone catch the Isles Hawks tonight? The jersey Emery was wearing had the reebok vector on the back collar and not the wordmark. Do other players still wear last years stock?

The game was in Uniondale, so the obvious answer would be no, there wasn't there to see it.

Every now and then there are jerseys that haven't had the vectors replaced with the wordmark. Mike Smith had one in the Hawks/Nord...er Coyotes game earlier in the week.

Maybe it has to do with the goalie cut jerseys. I know late into the preseason it seemed many of the goalies still had vectors (or the wordmark on a patch covering the vector) even after most of the players had the newer jerseys.

Did anyone catch the Isles Hawks tonight? The jersey Emery was wearing had the reebok vector on the back collar and not the wordmark. Do other players still wear last years stock?

Emery has worn at least two sets, he has one set with Reebok and one set with the vector...I've noticed that for both home and away. It also appears that the Hawks are using Air Knit name plates now across the board, I could be wrong having not seen one up close but the material looks different than what it was last year (I know they did this on the playoff/stanley cup jerseys too).