The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Interesting . . .

Wasn't the "bulk order" thread closed because "the orders were in and will be shipped" so there was no need for keeping the thread open?

I asked before if this JerseyBaron ebay seller was on the up and up. Now my doubts are CONFIRMED.

What was confirmed? There have been multiple mentions of Reebok having production issues and teams not receiving jerseys for retail sale. While it may prove different in the long run, this delay doesn't reflect on the seller but rather the provider.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked before if this JerseyBaron ebay seller was on the up and up. Now my doubts are CONFIRMED.

Can you go take a long walk off a short bridge? Seriously. Nobody likes you.

So take this with a grain of salt, but River City Sports now has more Winnipeg Jets in stock but they are now listing them as N7231 which is the indo edge, not 2.0 like before when they had stock...not a good sign :(

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=168147

There are FOR SURE 2.0 Jets for retail out there. I have no idea if RCS was selling them but at two different games I have been to recently I saw guys wearing blank Jets 2.0 road jerseys, the first time I did a double take. They were legit 2.0s, leading me to believe that they made at least some for retail.

There are FOR SURE 2.0 Jets for retail out there. I have no idea if RCS was selling them but at two different games I have been to recently I saw guys wearing blank Jets 2.0 road jerseys, the first time I did a double take. They were legit 2.0s, leading me to believe that they made at least some for retail.

I think the running theory is that because the designs were finalized so late, that they didn't have time to run the production through Indonesia for the first batch, settling for making them 2.0's in Canada for the initial sales. Now that they have the Indonesia factory tooled for the Jets design, it seems they shipped it overseas.

It seems the same is currently going on with the WC jerseys, as the designs weren't established in time for Reebok to tool an Indonesian factory and just made them in Canada.

Yeah I know that because I have a 2.0 jets, I was just giving people a heads up like fountown said that it seems they are moved over to IndoEdge now so anybody who didn't grab a 2.0 might be dissapointed

... so anybody who didn't grab a 2.0 might be dissapointed

Yeh I wanted a 2.0 Jets white, but looks like I may have missed the boat. emot-argh.gifreebok_logo_sm.jpg

Makes sense for the Jets to sell 2.0 instead of retail. It's cheaper to bring in and there's no minimum quantities to order.

I got a question for fellow Flyers fans....We recently got my little brother an Indo-edge for christmas from JerseyExpress. I was wondering if the Flyers are wearing Indo's this year because the more and more i look at it, it looks like what ive seen the Flyers wearing on the ice. Especially because if anyone has noticed..the Flyers don't have the mesh inserts running up the sides like they did last year on the 2.0's. Its not a big deal but i was wondering what other peoples thoughts were. I will try and find a picture of what im talking about lol.

As far as I know the Flyers are wearing 2.0's. Most of the first set was last years stock with the vector stripped and the Reebok wordmark added.

As far as I know the Flyers are wearing 2.0's. Most of the first set was last years stock with the vector stripped and the Reebok wordmark added.

Ah thanks Rob, ill be curious to see when somebody picks up a gamer.

flyhighguys, I don't have any proof, but I seriously doubt that any teams are wearing the Indos. I know you found the quality to be fine, but the lack of double elbows and lighter weight material simply would not hold up over many NHL games. Pair this with the fact that the retail WC jerseys are Canadian 2.0s and I feel that it is most likely that the team is using Canadian Edges.

ADDED: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000689

Meigray reports the Flyers are using Canadian 2.0s.

flyhighguys, I don't have any proof, but I seriously doubt that any teams are wearing the Indos. I know you found the quality to be fine, but the lack of double elbows and lighter weight material simply would not hold up over many NHL games. Pair this with the fact that the retail WC jerseys are Canadian 2.0s and I feel that it is most likely that the team is using Canadian Edges.

ADDED: http://www.gameworn....c;f=12;t=000689

Meigray reports the Flyers are using Canadian 2.0s.

Sweet, thanks for the update man.

• 3 weeks later...

My opinion is that if a size 52 is your norm, a 54 would work too. My normal size is a 52 but I am not swimming too much even in a 56. Both my 56 Ian Cole gamer and 58 Roman Polak gamer are wearable, with the Polak being pretty big in the sleeves.

My opinion is that if a size 52 is your norm, a 54 would work too. My normal size is a 52 but I am not swimming too much even in a 56. Both my 56 Ian Cole gamer and 58 Roman Polak gamer are wearable, with the Polak being pretty big in the sleeves.

Seconded. I normally wear a 52, I put on a 56 and was shocked I basically fit, just a little long in the sleeves.

Seconded. I normally wear a 52, I put on a 56 and was shocked I basically fit, just a little long in the sleeves.

You are just getting fat, lardass. :P

You are just getting fat, lardass. :P

Getting implies I'm not already there :(

I know the question was in regards to a 2.0, but do you know if that fit would be the same with the other types of edge jerseys? I would imagine they'd be roughly the same. I bought a size 56 recently and I'm definitely more of a 52. I've been nervous about the size, but your comment makes me optimistic about how it will fit.

Actually, its something about the cut of the 2.0 that makes it fit like that. If you put on a 56 6100 style it is insanely big but a 56 2.0 looks normal. Hard to explain but I agree.

I know the question was in regards to a 2.0, but do you know if that fit would be the same with the other types of edge jerseys? I would imagine they'd be roughly the same. I bought a size 56 recently and I'm definitely more of a 52. I've been nervous about the size, but your comment makes me optimistic about how it will fit.

For my size Edge 1.0 and Edge 2.0 fit completely differently. I wear a 54 in 1.0 and fit perfectly in a 50 in 2.0. If I try to wear even a 52 1.0 it's almost like putting on a tight spandex top on the belly (I carry all my weight in my stomach, I'm 5'10" 220)

• 2 weeks later...

I read in another thread that the all star 2.0 are thinner material then other 2.0 jerseys. I got my winter classic gamers this week and i think they have also a cheaper quality compared to other 2.0 from seasons before when they have vector logo on it.

Does someone has the same experience?

Also i think the wordmark looks really cheap on the neck compared to the vector logo before. Also how it's stitched on the jersey.