The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in another thread that the all star 2.0 are thinner material then other 2.0 jerseys. I got my winter classic gamers this week and i think they have also a cheaper quality compared to other 2.0 from seasons before when they have vector logo on it.

Does someone has the same experience?

Also i think the wordmark looks really cheap on the neck compared to the vector logo before. Also how it's stitched on the jersey.

Good observation on the thinner material. It is very noticeable if you look at Bryz or Bob's road white jerseys for the Flyers...you can read the brand names on their chest protectors. It's as if they are wearing something from Victoria's Secret it's so see through. The Vector jerseys were definitely a thicker airknit material. Also, the front material (not the "edge" back material) has a paper towel look to it--not the almost CCM airknit material like last year's jerseys.

Can you please attach some photos of the reebok wordmark and how it is stitched? At least on the Flyers game jerseys I have seen it looks like the patch is simply heat pressed on (although on the WC jerseys I have seen, the stitching around the patch is obvious).

Thanks,

merci

I have 4 2.0 jerseys, 2 with the word mark (Jets and Winter Classic Rangers) and a game issue Ducks from last season and team issued Ducks from last season. All the airknit on all 4 feel the same consistency to me. Here is a close up of the patch from the Rangers WC 2.0

P1020768.jpg

I have 4 2.0 jerseys, 2 with the word mark (Jets and Winter Classic Rangers) and a game issue Ducks from last season and team issued Ducks from last season. All the airknit on all 4 feel the same consistency to me. Here is a close up of the patch from the Rangers WC 2.0

P1020768.jpg

Did the worker at Reebok Canada who cut that wordmark patch use these?

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Scissor-Edger-Scallop-Each/dp/B003DKIBUK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1328630889&sr=8-4

The top edge looks like Julie Andrews should be running down it and singing "The Sound of Music"

I have 4 2.0 jerseys, 2 with the word mark (Jets and Winter Classic Rangers) and a game issue Ducks from last season and team issued Ducks from last season. All the airknit on all 4 feel the same consistency to me.

I noticed the same thing. I have some 2.0s with the Reebok vector and 3 with the Reebok wordmark. Two of these are 2012 All Stars and the other in the Flyers WC. The Flyers WC feels exactly the same as the vector 2.0s. The All Stars are not quite the same.

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Scissor-Edger-Scallop-Each/dp/B003DKIBUK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1328630889&sr=8-4

The top edge looks like Julie Andrews should be running down it and singing "The Sound of Music"

Well that's because the picture was taken with the jersey hanging and from a bit of the angle, it is a square patch. You keep trying to find something wrong with everything yet never contribute anything positive, gets kinda old after a whil

I noticed the same thing. I have some 2.0s with the Reebok vector and 3 with the Reebok wordmark. Two of these are 2012 All Stars and the other in the Flyers WC. The Flyers WC feels exactly the same as the vector 2.0s. The All Stars are not quite the same.

I have a 2011 All-Star on the way I'm very curious to see the difference between my other 2.0's...definitely not a fan of everything being just heat pressed on :(

Well that's because the picture was taken with the jersey hanging and from a bit of the angle, it is a square patch. You keep trying to find something wrong with everything yet never contribute anything positive, gets kinda old after a whil

Macro distortion is a concept not fully grasped by some, apparently. :D

You know I have never seen you post one of your jerseys here

It seems Like you talk nothing but crap and give no insight

There will be no showtune references on this site.

Imagine Julie Andrews singing...

"Ultrafil, air knit, and jerseys with patches.

Team issued, game worn with cool photo matches.

Sweaters on centers and left and right wings,

These are a few of my favorite things."

Tim Thomas says hi

That's friggin awesome!

Yes, I was singing along as I read that.

Great job. That's hilarious. laugh2.gif

I have a 2011 All-Star on the way I'm very curious to see the difference between my other 2.0's...definitely not a fan of everything being just heat pressed on :(

So I got my All-Star jersey today...the airknit on the bottom where the 3 heatpressed stars are is almost non-existant it's so thin, the body feels a bit thinner as well then my other 2.0's (including WC), even the edge material on the back feels thinner then normal. And the NHL logo on the neck is definitely lesser quality as well :(

What are peoples opinions on sewing down all the heat pressed stars/crest? I know it's not how they wore it on ice, but if it's a jersey I'm going to wear I'd rather the security of it being sewen.

So I got my All-Star jersey today...the airknit on the bottom where the 3 heatpressed stars are is almost non-existant it's so thin, the body feels a bit thinner as well then my other 2.0's (including WC), even the edge material on the back feels thinner then normal. And the NHL logo on the neck is definitely lesser quality as well :(

What are peoples opinions on sewing down all the heat pressed stars/crest? I know it's not how they wore it on ice, but if it's a jersey I'm going to wear I'd rather the security of it being sewen.

I would do that except it would a few bucks a patch to do that..I've had mine now for well over a year and everything is still on there. I guess I'll wait and see and if things start peeling I'll sew it down as it comes.

Those stars and crests won't peel at all. They were really pressed hard and won't budge even if you soak the jersey in Goof-Off.

Pfft you're just saying that because you don't want to sew them down :P j/k....if that is the case I'll just leave it as is in, not like I'll be wearing it all the time anyways or using it for anything then just out and about

Those stars and crests won't peel at all. They were really pressed hard and won't budge even if you soak the jersey in Goof-Off.

One of the stars on my 2012 has a point starting to peel off, and it was like that even before it came out of the bag. I wish I had your confidence! Crest is glued down well, though.

I think all of you who were criticizing the IndoEdge jerseys for their lack of quality have to apologize to those who bought them. This dude got shafted on a Made in Canada piece of crap. His description meets the IndoEdge description exactly, except for the green neck tape. At least the crests on the IndoEdge jerseys are sewn (even though embroidered, not zig zag stitched) down to the jersey.

Bunch of tools. CONFIRMED.

I think all of you who were criticizing the IndoEdge jerseys for their lack of quality have to apologize to those who bought them. This dude got shafted on a Made in Canada piece of crap. His description meets the IndoEdge description exactly, except for the green neck tape. At least the crests on the IndoEdge jerseys are sewn (even though embroidered, not zig zag stitched) down to the jersey.

Bunch of tools. CONFIRMED.

Maybe if you actually have held an authentic all star, you could make such a statement.

I have two of the 2012 All Stars, and while they aren't quite the same as my other 2.0s, they are MILES better than Indo-Edges.

You're the tool

Maybe if you actually have held an authentic all star, you could make such a statement.

I have two of the 2012 All Stars, and while they aren't quite the same as my other 2.0s, they are MILES better than Indo-Edges.

You're the tool

Agreed. What the hell is it going to take for someone to ban this jackass? He's ruining the forum, and he doesn't even OWN any jerseys? What's his purpose here?

You're the tool

I agree, yes it is not as good as my other 2.0's but it's still better then the 1.0's and better then the indo (from the pictures I've seen). The seams are all sewen correctly and neat.

Agreed. What the hell is it going to take for someone to ban this jackass? He's ruining the forum, and he doesn't even OWN any jerseys? What's his purpose here?

He's a Reebok spy. From the plant that makes the indo-Edge. Not just a tool, a toolbag.