The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Agreed. What the hell is it going to take for someone to ban this jackass? He's ruining the forum, and he doesn't even OWN any jerseys? What's his purpose here?

Why are you letting this guy get under your skin? :rolleyes: Does it REALLY bother you this member does not own any jerseys? Maybe he's here to learn or find out all he can about jerseys, and eventually start a collection. If not, just IGNORE him! Hello!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want to create a new thread, but thought this article was interesting when talking about the design of the Edge jersey

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1097104-uniform-watch-finishing-off-the-bottom-of-nhl-jerseys-properly

FYI guys

All the Buffalo 3rd's that are 2.0 from SVP are tagged 7182. They are for sure 2.0 though.

dont trust the stupid rbk tags. as long as the neck tag is not the old school edge tag and the arm pits have bigger holes then normal.

the arm pits look like the 2nd 2.0 picture in the examples.

FYI guys

All the Buffalo 3rd's that are 2.0 from SVP are tagged 7182. They are for sure 2.0 though.

Which tag? The necktag on 2.0s should still be 7187 and the sticker on the hanging sleeve tags should have the 7287 in the code.

I was just looking at the Sabres third gamers that are up for auction right now, and I don't see any elbow stitching through the yellow stripes on those either. Maybe they have the elbows sewn differently somehow?

Then did anyone get have an actual 2.0 from SVP we can compare it too???

Are they all 1.0s after all??

very confused now. :wacko:

Which tag? The necktag on 2.0s should still be 7187 and the sticker on the hanging sleeve tags should have the 7287 in the code.

the white tag says 71 but the thread says they 2.0 have 71 in them now.

It's a very simple test. If the front of the jersey and the arms are comprised of air-knit, it's a 2.0. If it's not air-knit, it's a 1.0.

then they are 2.0 for sure. i'm holding it right now and its air knit.

even in the pic you can tell its not standard knit but air knit. bigger holes.

I'm intrigued now. Can you take a nice shot of the BUFFALO crest? I'd like to take a look at the material because those shots look like 1.0 to me.

Already 1 step a head of you brother! :)

DSCF4483.jpg

DSCF4482.jpg

k well then I doubt then that any of the buffalo 3rd from SVP are 2.0 now. I was in there the next day after the thread started to blow up.

Anyone else have a 2.0 from SVP??

One thing that's pretty consistent IS the tagging. There have been no 2.0 jerseys that had both the vector on the neck AND the Reebok tag in the collar. Any 2.0 that made it out into the world prior to this year was a team jersey that had no glamour tags in the collar. Just the size tag. Conversely, any 2.0 being released this year that DO have the Reebok tags in the collar also have the REEBOK wordmark on the neck rather than the vector.

The 2011 Flames HC have both the vector and the neck tag intact but say 72 on the white paper tags!?!?

holy jumpin batman!

OK guys I figured it out. I had to go back and see for myself

So only the Rbk 08-10 edge SLUGS are 2.0! NOT the 3rd from from 2011 with the diag buffalo!

All the Buffalo 3rds from 2011 (diag) are 1.0.

All the Buffalo EDGE slugs and 6100 are Team issued and 2.0 rbk WITH the 72 in the white tag!

I got pics if you want but the white tags are 72 also so.

No, the only thing the Reebok wordmark indicates is that the jersey is a 2011-12 model. All Reebok 2011-12 jersey models have the wordmark, whether they are 2.0, 1.0, Indo-Edge or Premier.

None of this stuff is Indo edge except the 2011 AS jerseys that just popped up.

Which is why, IMO, the ENTIRE reason for this BLOWOUT is!

Rbk shifted their entire inventory out to bring in the new stock of indo-edge jerseys and let everything go for fire sale prices. I think its fairly obvious to see that.

If you ask me and you can be quite sure ALL of the edge jerseys from 2011 and below will now become highly sought after and collectable. The 2.0's for sure. Due to the fact they are all higher quality and Made in Canada. Just better jerseys.

As long as the Indo-edge jerseys stay as an inferior product, which I think it surely is, then all the Pre-Indo-Edge jerseys will be the most collectable.