The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any legit authentic Rangers WC on eBay in quite some time. They seemed to dry up fast compared to the Flyers WC jerseys.

If I recall correctly, the WC jerseys while 2.0 did not use 7287 or 7187 but had a new number that was different than the Indo-Edge.

Good answer- how did you know that?

Look at that thing, sleeves are wrong shape, logo is crinkly, wrong tags and look at this job on the neck

$(KGrHqR,!hoE82zwnusKBP,0v81GQw~~60_12.JPG

woof

Good answer- how did you know that?

The crest should be felt. The jersey in that has that crappy satin-like fake twill. The fight strap is attached like the fakes. Finally the price - blank authentic Rangers WC jerseys were still going for $300+ with the last one I saw going over $400 since they are so hard to come by.

Btw found the number for the 2012 WC jerseys, they were listed as 7331, though I believe people said when they arrived the sleeve tag said 7287.

The crest should be felt. The jersey in that has that crappy satin-like fake twill. The fight strap is attached like the fakes. Finally the price - blank authentic Rangers WC jerseys were still going for $300+ with the last one I saw going over $400 since they are so hard to come by.

Btw found the number for the 2012 WC jerseys, they were listed as 7331, though I believe people said when they arrived the sleeve tag said 7287.

wow- so the only way to possibly get an authentic would be if it happens to pop up on eBay? Also, when they were unveiled, back in Dec, where would one have gotten an authentic anyaway? MSG certainly didn't have 'em

wow- so the only way to possibly get an authentic would be if it happens to pop up on eBay? Also, when they were unveiled, back in Dec, where would one have gotten an authentic anyaway? MSG certainly didn't have 'em

They were available for a very small period of time. There were a couple legitimate retailers on eBay that had them but they went quick. I bought a size 60 one only to be told days later they were out of stock. By that time there were none left on eBay.

Since then I've seen exactly one pop back up on eBay, a size 52 that went for $400.

Basically it seems Reebok just didn't make many. I contacted a number of retailers and they said they weren't allowed to order anything but the replicas.

Mine is on the way back from customization but I believe the neck tag still says 7187 like all the other 2.0's I have (including the new Jets jersey).

I think Pro League Authentics in Philly had a few Rangers authentics in stock. They told me that they were told after they received them that they shouldn't have, both with the Rangers and Flyers. I don't understand why Reebok's being so weird about their jerseys.

They were available for a very small period of time. There were a couple legitimate retailers on eBay that had them but they went quick. I bought a size 60 one only to be told days later they were out of stock. By that time there were none left on eBay.

Since then I've seen exactly one pop back up on eBay, a size 52 that went for $400.

Basically it seems Reebok just didn't make many. I contacted a number of retailers and they said they weren't allowed to order anything but the replicas.

How unfortunate.

And annoying

So here's an interesting tidbit I'd like to see everyone's thoughts on.

I've been on the lookout for one of this season's authentic Caps away jerseys - yes, I know they're IndoEdge, and that's not preferred, but I wanted to utilize the replica Lokomotiv patch I have, and it would bug me if it had the Reebok vector instead of the wordmark on the back.

Anyways, I called JerseyExpress and they said they won't receive any for a month or so - that was a month ago, and in subsequent contact they say they haven't arrived yet. Annoyed, I called the Kettler IcePlex (aka Caps training rink and home of a more-stocked team store than at the Verizon Center) and they said that "the Reebok factory is actually completely out of all Caps Authentics until July."

Isn't that odd? I mean, I know we're not a shoe-in for the playoffs, but don't you think they'd have a steady stream coming?

I know we've talked about the fact that Reebok may be nixing the IndoEdge in favor of back-to-Canada, does that explain the shortage?

Mine is on the way back from customization but I believe the neck tag still says 7187 like all the other 2.0's I have (including the new Jets jersey).

Yeh, they supposedly had the normal 7287 sleeve tag with 7187 neck tag like most 2.0s, however shop.NHL.com and other sites had them listed as model 7331.

Thanks Johnny, I e-mailed them, waiting to hear back. I remember seeing their Facebook post when another user mentioned and I thought I contacted them previously but now I'm not sure. I know I e-mailed or called half a dozen or more retailers looking for one after eBay dried up.

what about the availabilty of an authentic 85th Heritage Jersey w/patch and retired numbers on the inside hem? Those seem very scarce.....

Yeh, they supposedly had the normal 7287 sleeve tag with 7187 neck tag like most 2.0s, however shop.NHL.com and other sites had them listed as model 7331.

Thanks Johnny, I e-mailed them, waiting to hear back. I remember seeing their Facebook post when another user mentioned and I thought I contacted them previously but now I'm not sure. I know I e-mailed or called half a dozen or more retailers looking for one after eBay dried up.

No problem. If they ask, tell them John sent you haha, I've been sending everyone there recently, they're great guys. They ship out, they special order, I freakin' love em.

No problem. If they ask, tell them John sent you haha, I've been sending everyone there recently, they're great guys. They ship out, they special order, I freakin' love em.

Unfortunately I just heard back and they don't have any. So thanks for nothing Johnny (j/k).

As to Cgynus' question about the 85th Anny jerseys with the patch and retired numbers in the hem, what I was told those were only available from MSG. Other stores had some authentics they added the patch to and I know of atleast one place that added the patch and hem numbers to replicas.

Mike (Brilliant!), CJ, Dropkick, or some of the other NY based Rangers fans on this board may have some more info - being an out of state fan my only option was to buy a 85th Anny gamer.

So here's an interesting tidbit I'd like to see everyone's thoughts on.

I've been on the lookout for one of this season's authentic Caps away jerseys - yes, I know they're IndoEdge, and that's not preferred, but I wanted to utilize the replica Lokomotiv patch I have, and it would bug me if it had the Reebok vector instead of the wordmark on the back.

Anyways, I called JerseyExpress and they said they won't receive any for a month or so - that was a month ago, and in subsequent contact they say they haven't arrived yet. Annoyed, I called the Kettler IcePlex (aka Caps training rink and home of a more-stocked team store than at the Verizon Center) and they said that "the Reebok factory is actually completely out of all Caps Authentics until July."

Isn't that odd? I mean, I know we're not a shoe-in for the playoffs, but don't you think they'd have a steady stream coming?

I know we've talked about the fact that Reebok may be nixing the IndoEdge in favor of back-to-Canada, does that explain the shortage?

The Indo-Edge were universally hated right off the bat, so it wouldn't be a big surprise for Reebok to adjust their usual production schedule. No use in making a lot when they're not projected to sell that well.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Canadian made ones next year at all. Subsequent authentics (2012 WCs and All Stars) were Canadian made 2.0s, and tons of retailers have complained about them, including IceJerseys. I also remember IJ posted this in December, which I found to be telling:

"There have been production issues with the auth jerseys from reebok this season. We won't be getting any more until next season"

I mean piece it together, and it's quite possible Reebok is ditching the Indo Edges.

I called them once asking if the 7287 were going to be available to sell. The guy replied with "No, sorry, those are just for on ice." They why are the current ones advertised as being on ice??

I also mentioned that I had heard that places were having trouble selling them, and he said they have been flying off the shelves.

I called them once asking if the 7287 were going to be available to sell. The guy replied with "No, sorry, those are just for on ice." They why are the current ones advertised as being on ice??

I also mentioned that I had heard that places were having trouble selling them, and he said they have been flying off the shelves.

They are flying off the shelves because the material is so ###### light.

For the Indo-Edge jerseys for sale on shop.NHL.com it now states:

"The Reebok® EDGE authentic hockey jersey replicates the jersey worn by all NHL® players on the ice."

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Canadian made ones next year at all. Subsequent authentics (2012 WCs and All Stars) were Canadian made 2.0s, and tons of retailers have complained about them, including IceJerseys. I also remember IJ posted this in December, which I found to be telling:

"There have been production issues with the auth jerseys from reebok this season. We won't be getting any more until next season"

I mean piece it together, and it's quite possible Reebok is ditching the Indo Edges.

That's what I'm hoping. OR they'll somehow up QC so that the IndoEdges are the same quality as the Canadas (might be unlikely, but I'll bet they'll consider it).

I don't see them just flat out not making them or just making them in lesser quantities. That'll alienate even more fans, and basically throw away $. Though, businesses have done dumber things...

Hi everyone, I've lurked for awhile here. Great info. I just bought a 2008-2009 (?) Penguins third jersey (Malkin) - tags still from Mellon Arena. The neck tag has 7187A and the rest of the tags are pictured below...as well as the jersey...I'm not happy with the customization (I'm a perfectionist), so that's a whole other issue. I just want to know what type of jersey this is (1.0 or 2.0). (Just getting into collecting/buying authentics.) Thanks so much!

Neck tag says 7187A

Sale tags:

344z710.jpg

Tag inside jersey:

14izn1f.jpg

Jersey itself :D

b7z7u1.jpg

The neck tags of 1.0's and 2.0's all say 7187, so that's not going to be of much help. So if you're buying a jersey that has no sleeve tags, look at the wash tag inside. On 1.0's the first material listed is X-trafil. On 2.0's it's Air-knit. For a regular team jersey that's size 46 like yours, it's a sure bet it's a 1.0, because 2.0's are issued only to players, and none of them wears a jersey that small.

Unfortunately I just heard back and they don't have any. So thanks for nothing Johnny (j/k).

As to Cgynus' question about the 85th Anny jerseys with the patch and retired numbers in the hem, what I was told those were only available from MSG. Other stores had some authentics they added the patch to and I know of atleast one place that added the patch and hem numbers to replicas.

Mike (Brilliant!), CJ, Dropkick, or some of the other NY based Rangers fans on this board may have some more info - being an out of state fan my only option was to buy a 85th Anny gamer.

Cosby's had a few of them last time I was there, including the retired numbers. They didn't have many though