The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

For the Indo-Edge jerseys for sale on shop.NHL.com it now states:

"The Reebok® EDGE authentic hockey jersey replicates the jersey worn by all NHL® players on the ice."

I also love that it now says you'll either get a vector or a wordmark - basically, once you order, it's a coinflip.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick responses, everyone!

The neck tags of 1.0's and 2.0's all say 7187, so that's not going to be of much help. So if you're buying a jersey that has no sleeve tags, look at the wash tag inside. On 1.0's the first material listed is X-trafil. On 2.0's it's Air-knit. For a regular team jersey that's size 46 like yours, it's a sure bet it's a 1.0, because 2.0's are issued only to players, and none of them wears a jersey that small.

2.0's are only issued to players? So, if I order an 11-12 authentic jersey, what am I actually getting?

2.0's are only issued to players? So, if I order an 11-12 authentic jersey, what am I actually getting?

A piece of crap, basically.

Ok, so if I have this straight. The 11-12 retail authentics are actually indo-edge, which is pretty much a lesser quality of the 2.0. The only thing I am confused about (with this information) is jerseyexpress has the 11-12 penguins jerseys as "Made in Canada." I was under the impression that the indo-edge retail authentics are made in indonesia.. http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins-jerseys/reebok-edge-authentic-pittsburgh-penguins-home-jersey.html

If I were to buy 10-11 blanks from jerseyexpress, this is a 2.0, right? It just lacks the wordmark on the back and will have the vector logo, right? http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins-jerseys/rbk-edge-authentic-pittsburgh-penguins-home-jersey-6.html

I emailed them to see if the Made in Canada for the 11-12's was a mistake. I mean, it's $30 cheaper, so I imagine it's got to be the indo-edge made in indonesia....

Thanks for the help, everyone. Please keep it coming! I'm looking to get heavily involved in this community.

Ok, so if I have this straight. The 11-12 retail authentics are actually indo-edge, which is pretty much a lesser quality of the 2.0. The only thing I am confused about (with this information) is jerseyexpress has the 11-12 penguins jerseys as "Made in Canada." I was under the impression that the indo-edge retail authentics are made in indonesia.. http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins-jerseys/reebok-edge-authentic-pittsburgh-penguins-home-jersey.html

If I were to buy 10-11 blanks from jerseyexpress, this is a 2.0, right? It just lacks the wordmark on the back and will have the vector logo, right? http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins-jerseys/rbk-edge-authentic-pittsburgh-penguins-home-jersey-6.html

I emailed them to see if the Made in Canada for the 11-12's was a mistake. I mean, it's $30 cheaper, so I imagine it's got to be the indo-edge made in indonesia....

Thanks for the help, everyone. Please keep it coming! I'm looking to get heavily involved in this community.

It would be a 1.0 with the Vector logo (Made in Canada).

It would be a 1.0 with the Vector logo (Made in Canada).

So, the 1.0 was introduced in the 2007-2008 season, right? I thought it was changed midwasy through the season because the players were sweating too much. Or did they just change the material in the 1.0 but keep the edge cut? I've been doing a lot of reading on this comparison so I'm just trying to get all the information (and the right information) all straight in my head.

As for my post a few posts above, do you think the "made in canada" on the 2012 jersey is just an honest mistake, or did reebok move production of the retail jerseys back to canada?

Thanks, everyone.

The 2011/12 retail authentics are not made in Canada, so that is a mistake, I'm sure. Actually at the beginning of the season there were retail made-in-Canada 2.0's available, but only for the Winnipeg Jets, and those are pretty much gone now.

If you buy a 2010-11 blank authentic it will be a 1.0 and have the vector, but depending on the team, you will be buying a jersey that was made as far back as 2007. I doubt Reebok was actually producing many (if any) 1.0's recently.

Except for the overstock/clearance sale by SVP (which is being discussed in another thread), you cannot order team-issued, new 2.0's from retailers like Jersey Express. You can only find special-event 2.0's like All-Star Game authentics, which were made available to the public. You can only buy team-issued 2.0's through the teams (if they sell them), by buying a gamer, or from a collector/seller who previously got them by one of the aforementioned methods.

You guys are extremely smart. Thanks so much for everything. So, morale of story - stay away from indo-edge.

One more quick question. I haven't found the corresponding information in a thread anywhere. When I'm getting a jersey customized - let's say a 1.0 - Penguins jerseys have a nameplate made of the same jersey material? What type of numbers and lettering are used? Any information will prove useful. Finally decided to get into NHL jerseys after watching AHL/NHL for 12+ years.

Yeah, and I'm now freaking out because I ordered a jersey through Triple Threat Sports and there's more than a 50% chance that it will be indo-edge.

I'd love to get a wordmark, but I want it to be a legit 2.0 and not an indo-edge...unfortunately, that rules out any game-issues at the end of the year since no one playing the sport will actually be a size 46.

Edited by cry_minarets458

You never know man, I've been at this SVP sale and there were lots of 2.0s in 46s there.

They actually had non-ASG size 46 2.0's?? That's amazing.

You never know man, I've been at this SVP sale and there were lots of 2.0s in 46s there...they make em, just might be harder to find.

You may just have to familiarize yourself with who distributes your team's excess Jerseys.

Do you know who distributes the Penguins' excess jerseys, or do you know of someone who knows who distributes the excess jerseys? haha

They actually had non-ASG size 46 2.0's?? That's amazing.

non-ASG. having a brain fart here over abbreviations haha

The Indo-Edge were universally hated right off the bat, so it wouldn't be a big surprise for Reebok to adjust their usual production schedule. No use in making a lot when they're not projected to sell that well.

I hope Reebok finally offers the Canadian made 2.0 jerseys for retail. I just got my first 2.0 jersey thanks to Thelonious and the SVP sale. I have to say the 2.0 are really nice jerseys and it would be awesome if they were made widely available. I would even settle for Canadian 1.0 jerseys over the Indo-Edge.

Now that I have a couple 2.0s, I can see where the complaints with the Indos come from. They're really quite a bit different. However, I have one and I still don't mind it. The one I have looks pretty nice and, believe it or not, it's one of my heftiest jerseys. It could be because of the customization, though. I completely get why a collector would loathe them, but I can see most people that are rookies and don't know a ton about jerseys being perfectly happy with the quality of the Indo-Edges.

1332465628[/url]' post='88989']

Yeah, and I'm now freaking out because I ordered a jersey through Triple Threat Sports and there's more than a 50% chance that it will be indo-edge.

I'd love to get a wordmark, but I want it to be a legit 2.0 and not an indo-edge...unfortunately, that rules out any game-issues at the end of the year since no one playing the sport will actually be a size 46.

I, too, know the pain of needing a 46.....and sometimes even they can be a bit too long....I laugh when I hear that Mats Zuccarello is tiny at 5' 7". He's got 2 inches on me

I got a Dallas one for a buddy that was a 46...he's bloody tiny.

Are you sure dude? Me and my buddy were all over the Dallas jerseys cuz he knows someone on the team, and we didn't see any 2.0 size 46s. It doesn't really make sense since no one would ever wear a size 46 on the team. There were plenty of Edge 1.0 in size 46 though. Do you mind taking a picture of this if it is indeed a 2.0??

I, too, know the pain of needing a 46.....and sometimes even they can be a bit too long....I laugh when I hear that Mats Zuccarello is tiny at 5' 7". He's got 2 inches on me

I'm about 5'11" and weight about 184lbs. I look like I'm swimming in a 50. It's so funny. 46 for me haha

1332473357[/url]' post='89023']

I'm about 5'11" and weight about 184lbs. I look like I'm swimming in a 50. It's so funny. 46 for me haha

It also depends on the cut/template.....I have a home Rangers EDGE that fits perfect, and a road EDGE which is cut different and is like 5 inches longer

That seems strange to me; I'm 5'9" and 150 and I can barely fit in a 46 1.0, it's way too tight. I prefer a size 50. I can wear a 46 2.0, though (just barely), as the 2.0's are roomier.

That seems strange to me; I'm 5'9" and 150 and I can barely fit in a 46 1.0, it's way too tight. I prefer a size 50. I can wear a 46 2.0, though (just barely), as the 2.0's are roomier.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I tried on a 50 first at the Blackhawks team store (just to get sizes), and the shoulders were so big and the sleeves were so long. 46 fit perfectly. Once I received my Malkin 46 that I showed on the previous page, it fit perfectly and fit pretty nicely with a hoodie underneath. Really can't explain it.

That's actually fairly bizarre. I'm about 5.10 185 and I prefer a 54/56 in a 2.0. A 52 I'm not too comfortable in, and a 58 is over the top but can deal with it. It's just the cut of the jersey, it's perfect. I like the look and feel of hockey jerseys with a bigger fit. It just right (IMO).

Are you sure dude? Me and my buddy were all over the Dallas jerseys cuz he knows someone on the team, and we didn't see any 2.0 size 46s. It doesn't really make sense since no one would ever wear a size 46 on the team. There were plenty of Edge 1.0 in size 46 though. Do you mind taking a picture of this if it is indeed a 2.0??

Winter Classic 2.0s came in 46s too. But customization looked awful -- not enough room.