The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are 2.0s available for retail yet? Or still just 1.0s?

The last word on this I heard from this thread was that there was going to be a new style code 7231 this season instead of the old 7187 (for 1.0s) and 7287 (for 2.0s). The assumption was that since the All-Star jerseys were all 2.0s, that these new jerseys would be as well. This new code is for the change to the Reebok wordmark from vector on the back neck.

However I think most stores will be pushing their existing stock of 1.0s first, especially for teams with no style changes for the upcoming season. So the best bet would be to keep an eye out for an authentic Edge for one of the new styles (Kings white, Panthers red, Nashville either).

I was e-mailing Chris at Triple Threat Sports making sure that they had EDGE material for a Preds jersey that I was sending them. He mentioned that they weren't restocking any of the EDGE material as the league is going back to air knit for retail.

That doesn't make any sense because most 2.0 teams still use EDGE nameplates. Does that mean they're going to air-knit plates full-time regardless of team?

The Canucks Team Store had both 1.0's and 2.0's for sale during the playoffs. There was no Reebok tagging in the neck on the 2.0's, and they only had sizes 58+ if I recall correctly. Would these maybe have been Team Issue?

I was e-mailing Chris at Triple Threat Sports making sure that they had EDGE material for a Preds jersey that I was sending them. He mentioned that they weren't restocking any of the EDGE material as the league is going back to air knit for retail.

So when did teams use air-knit nameplates on EDGE jerseys? And when did they switch to EDGE nameplate material on EDGE jerseys? I have a Penguins EDGE and I think the nameplate material is air-knit. It's definitely NOT EDGE material. I had it customized during the summer of 2008 if that helps.

Thats actually a good question. My Roloson "GI" (it was a MGG royal goal cut NNOB w/ #30 from 08-09) has an airknit plate (I had Stitches NY, the official stitcher for the Isles do it up in Jan 2010), but my other jerseys done by them, including an Okposo premier, Schremp gamer, and a Niederreiter name plate, are all EDGE material. I am picking up two jerseys from Stitches soon, so if you want, I can ask.

So when did teams use air-knit nameplates on EDGE jerseys? And when did they switch to EDGE nameplate material on EDGE jerseys? I have a Penguins EDGE and I think the nameplate material is air-knit. It's definitely NOT EDGE material. I had it customized during the summer of 2008 if that helps.

The Hawks have used EDGE nameplates all year and then during the playoffs switched over to Air Knit nameplates...

Even on the 2.0s, the back is still Edge material - just the front and shoulders are airknit, so I don't know why they wouldn't continue to use Edge material for the nameplates unless it's a cost or supply thing.

The Hawks have used EDGE nameplates all year and then during the playoffs switched over to Air Knit nameplates...

This would be a good thing as it is easier to get Air Knit name plates then the Edge .

That doesn't make any sense because most 2.0 teams still use EDGE nameplates. Does that mean they're going to air-knit plates full-time regardless of team?

While I cannot attest to what the league or teams are doing I know for certain TTS is using air knit nameplates. I got my Red Blackhawks Edge 1.0, with Sharp customization and the Stanley Cup Finals Patch in the mail last Thursday and the nameplate was airknit. Even though the team wore edge material nameplates in 2010 it seemed like a minor issue at the time so I did not ask to get it re-done. My assumption is anybody ordering from TTS will be in the same boat as me. I have a white Toews Edge with and Edge nameplate and it definately looks better up close, but if you are over 3 feet away cannot even tell.

There are some teams who DO use air-knit plates. Off the top of my head, I know Anaheim and Colorado do. I'm sure there's more too. And frankly I don't think it would be THAT big of a deal if all teams switched to air-knit to be honest. I'd be a fan of that for sure. Air-knit is MUCH easier to find than that EDGE crap.

Even on the 2.0s, the back is still Edge material - just the front and shoulders are airknit, so I don't know why they wouldn't continue to use Edge material for the nameplates unless it's a cost or supply thing.

From the labels I've read, the material on the back of 2.0 jerseys is called "stretch mesh", but that wasn't the same material that I knew as the "Edge material" for nameplates. If I remember right, the particular material from the 1.0 jerseys that was used for nameplates was called X-trafil, though I might be wrong.

There are some teams who DO use air-knit plates. Off the top of my head, I know Anaheim and Colorado do. I'm sure there's more too. And frankly I don't think it would be THAT big of a deal if all teams switched to air-knit to be honest. I'd be a fan of that for sure. Air-knit is MUCH easier to find than that EDGE crap.

From a collector's standpoint, CCM/Reebok air-knit is definitely the way to go. Who knows how many old, beat up 550 replicas are out there for potential recycling as nameplates. Though I wonder if it's more cost-effective for teams to use air-knit as opposed to X-trafil/Edge material. (Also, the Bruins use air-knit nameplates on their 2.0s)

BruinsFan,

I believe the back material on 1.0's and 2.0's are the same. I have both styles, and neither is different to me. I think it's just a wording issue on how you want to call the material. "Stretch mesh" is a descriptive way of saying what it is in layman's terms, where as if you call it "Xtrafil", the average Joe might think it sounds cool, but not know what it means.

I thought x-trafil was the ultrafil-like material on the shoulders/elbows on 1.0's? it's thicker and has a different look/texture/feel than the rest of the material on 1.0's.

From the labels I've read, the material on the back of 2.0 jerseys is called "stretch mesh", but that wasn't the same material that I knew as the "Edge material" for nameplates. If I remember right, the particular material from the 1.0 jerseys that was used for nameplates was called X-trafil, though I might be wrong.

Ottawa uses (or used) Air Knit name plates on their 2.0 (at least the game-worn that I have from 2008-09 season).

I also have a game-worn 1.0 and it uses a different material for the name plate. Not the stretch-mesh or the Xtrafil.

I will believe it when i see it

yeppers u beat me to it,, lol all the new jerseys will still have the same edge back material,, the stretchy crap on the front should be gone,, and changed to air nit

colorado used the airnit only for the burgundy and 3rd,, but now they use the edge plates for all 3.. i talked with the lady who does my jerseys their,, they have no more airnit,, all edge now

So from the portion I've read of this it would seem a 2.0 size 54 is similar to a 90's size 52 CCM? What are the measurement's for a size 54 2.0? I'm hoping there's gonna be a Pens one available in the Meigray sale....

So from the portion I've read of this it would seem a 2.0 size 54 is similar to a 90's size 52 CCM? What are the measurement's for a size 54 2.0? I'm hoping there's gonna be a Pens one available in the Meigray sale....

IMO, the sizing is closer to being the same. a 56 2.0 feels more or less just like a 56 CCM/Koho. The cut is different, but the size seems the same to me. I'll try to measure some to compare if it helps.

Don't forgot the Flyers using twill (if it wasn't mentioned). Freakin' cheapos...

IMO, the sizing is closer to being the same. a 56 2.0 feels more or less just like a 56 CCM/Koho. The cut is different, but the size seems the same to me. I'll try to measure some to compare if it helps.

nooooooooooooooooo way,, a 56 2.0 is no wear close to 56 ccm koho.. my 56 2.0s seem like a 52 in the ccm koho,, the edge ones still have a bit of tightness