The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

I agree, while the 2.0s are slightly less tight than the 1.0s, in my opinion they are both still not where near the size of a comparable pre-Edge jersey.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, while the 2.0s are slightly less tight than the 1.0s, in my opinion they are both still not where near the size of a comparable pre-Edge jersey.

So what you're saying is since I wear a 52 in a 90's Ultrafil, I could wear a 54 or 56 in a 2.0 and get almost the same fit? My main jersey fitting issue is sleeve length, as I'm not what you'd call stout by any means. (6'1", 165)

If your sleeve length is too long, you can try tailoring the sleeves. Some players have their jerseys' sleeves customized to a tighter fit.

So what you're saying is since I wear a 52 in a 90's Ultrafil, I could wear a 54 or 56 in a 2.0 and get almost the same fit? My main jersey fitting issue is sleeve length, as I'm not what you'd call stout by any means. (6'1", 165)

Yeah Ive got the same issue, 2.0s sleeve length is shorter - definitely go 54. I wear 52 Ultrafil, 54 Edge 2.0

If your sleeve length is too long, you can try tailoring the sleeves. Some players have their jerseys' sleeves customized to a tighter fit.

I just want to get a good sleeve length without it looking like a car cover on me, if they're a little long I'll just deal with it. After getting my first 90's authentic the hot dog sleeves of the 1.0 just don't cut it. I like wider fit in the body like the older stuff

Regardless on whether the 2.0s are available to the public next season, has anybody spoken or emailed TTS or EPS, or anyone esle for that matter, to find out precisely when the "new" jerseys with the Reebok word logo instead of the vector will be arrving? I want to get an Hawks alternate but want to wait for the new branding as I already have about 7 edges for the Hawks and Caps with the vector logo. I would be cheesed if I sent in an order and they were still working through old stock.

Regardless on whether the 2.0s are available to the public next season, has anybody spoken or emailed TTS or EPS, or anyone esle for that matter, to find out precisely when the "new" jerseys with the Reebok word logo instead of the vector will be arrving? I want to get an Hawks alternate but want to wait for the new branding as I already have about 7 edges for the Hawks and Caps with the vector logo. I would be cheesed if I sent in an order and they were still working through old stock.

I talked to both TTS and the Hawks Store and they both told me they would be selling 2.0's with the wordmark on the collar this year. They said they were getting the jerseys in September. When I talked to Gunzo's, the guy said he had no idea whether or not they are releasing the 2.0's and when I asked about the vector changing to the wordmark, he was confused on what the vector was. So it seems Reebok will be sending out the 2.0's with the wordmark to their retailers in September.

I talked to both TTS and the Hawks Store and they both told me they would be selling 2.0's with the wordmark on the collar this year. They said they were getting the jerseys in September. When I talked to Gunzo's, the guy said he had no idea whether or not they are releasing the 2.0's and when I asked about the vector changing to the wordmark, he was confused on what the vector was. So it seems Reebok will be sending out the 2.0's with the wordmark to their retailers in September.

Fantastic thanks for the info. Have you got an alternate from TTS, and if so how was it? I seem to remember reading in an alternate thread that they had problems with the number stiching being off color? Any insights from anyone I would appreciate it? Also if you have got an alternate from EPS how they did?

Interesting. So does this mean Reebok will NEVER officially release EDGE 2.0s without the wordmark to the public?

Good. I'd prefer that. It keeps the value of the current ones already out there a lot higher than if it was all the same.

Fantastic thanks for the info. Have you got an alternate from TTS, and if so how was it? I seem to remember reading in an alternate thread that they had problems with the number stiching being off color? Any insights from anyone I would appreciate it? Also if you have got an alternate from EPS how they did?

I got my road jersey from them and it was perfect, but I bought my blank Winter Classic jersey off ebay and then sent it to City Sports Lettering (they do the Hawks jerseys) and it was perfect. So if I were you I would buy it blank from somewhere and then send it in to City Sports Lettering.

They do not have a website right, just gotta give them the instructions? How is their turnaround time? I assume they will be busy at the beginning of the season.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered a Flyers Edge 2.0 from the Meigray clearance. Question - If it is the white one from a few seasons ago, were the nameplates twill at that time? I was going to send to EPS to get customized and wondered if I needed to give any special instructions since it is a 2.0.

Thanks for the help !

• 2 weeks later...

This was posted on TSN about the Kings not wearing the purple/gold jersey this year. Other reports said they are and are wearing 4 jerseys. Not that I go to TSN for jersey news, but still-

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=374790

I really hope I will be able to get one of these

This was posted on TSN about the Kings not wearing the purple/gold jersey this year. Other reports said they are and are wearing 4 jerseys. Not that I go to TSN for jersey news, but still-

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=374790

I really hope I will be able to get one of these

The Kings will be wearing the purple throwbacks three times this season.

Although I have no factual basis for this statement, the Kings are listing three games as Legends Night:

Dec. 10

Feb. 18

Jan. 02

Last year they wore the purple on Legends Night, I don't see why this year would be any different.

This was posted on TSN about the Kings not wearing the purple/gold jersey this year. Other reports said they are and are wearing 4 jerseys.

According to Rich Hammond's LAKingsInsider.com blog, the Kings will be going with 4 jerseys this year. Kings chief operating officer Chris McGowan confirms that the purple 3rds will be used on Legends Nights, just as mharolde said.

I read that TSN article again and took it to mean simply that the purple and black jerseys would be dropped as the primary home jersey. They didn't even mention anything about 3rd jerseys, so I'm pretty sure purple isn't completely dead just yet. Personally, I wish they would always keep some purple in the designs, it's cool and unique.

And it's also...uh...THEIR ORIGINAL COLOR. The Los Angeles Kings ARE purple and gold. Not silver and black. Just because they had some success with the silver and black ones doesn't mean they should can their heritage altogether. Who cares about Gretzky? There was a team there before him and they wore Forum blue and gold.

And it's also...uh...THEIR ORIGINAL COLOR. The Los Angeles Kings ARE purple and gold. Not silver and black. Just because they had some success with the silver and black ones doesn't mean they should can their heritage altogether. Who cares about Gretzky? There was a team there before him and they wore Forum blue and gold.

Well said.

Amen brother!

Long live Forum blue and gold!

Thank you very much. :thumbsup: This is 110% true. The Kings had some decent years in the Forum blue and gold. Just couldn't get over the hump. But I agree they should at least keep a jersey with the colors around, even if they only wear it a handful of times per season.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was watching the Leafs first rookie tournament game against the Blackhawks today and noticed something interesting. All the Leafs had the new jerseys with the Reebok wordmark on the back but I noticed some of the Blackhawks had the wordmark and some had the vector logo. It will be interesting to see if some teams roll out to start the regular season with the old vector logo on the back still.