North Dakota Fighting Sioux

Big A HG

Here's my North Dakota Fighting Sioux jersey collection. I have four more jerseys beyond what is shown, bringing my total to 36.

Game-worns:

-2006-07 Bina, Robbie; black Nike Swift (first year for swifts in college); Frozen Four game-worn

-2006-07 Watkins, Matt; green Nike dazzle

-Blue Nike-Bauer team practice jersey

Authentics:

-Home white, Nike dazzle (#3, LaPoint...will be stripped and made a Jonathan Toews)

-Road green, Nike dazzle (blank...will be made a Ryan Duncan, Hobey Baker winner)

-Road black, Nike dazzle (#27, Smaby...will be a TJ Oshie or Zach Parise)

-Home white, RBK Edge 2.0 (blank)

-Road green, RBK Edge 2.0 (blank)

-Road black, RBK Edge 2.0 (blank)

Autographed:

-replica home white dazzle...autographs featuring: TJ Oshie, Jonathan Toews, Ryan Duncan, Parise, and many more...all signed in person)

Authentic Replica:

-1959 flannel jersey (1st Sioux title) made to nearly the same exact specs as the originals (recreated by Ebbets.com) (jersey not shown)

-I have a couple "CCM ultrafil" jerseys...although I'm not sure of their authenticity. I don't own an ultrafil jersey to compare with, so I'm not sure what to make of these. The neck tagging has been removed.

Replicas:

-nearly every style of jersey that dates back to 1950 is featured in an air-knit replica style.

I have a lot of air-knit replicas, but I consider them placeholders. The goal is to have every jersey replicated to authentic standards by third parties over the coming years (either through Ebbets or elsewhere). They will weed out my lower quality replicas. Lots of work is involved in this process, but will be worth it in the end.

Group shot:

img0035lf.jpg

Ebbets 1959 replica (see more pics of this in the Just Arrived Today thread in NHL section)

fronts.jpg

RBK Edge 2.0's (pics taken from Sioux Shop)

Reebok_White_Jersey.jpgReebok_Green_Jersey.jpgReebok_Black_Jersey.jpg

I'm always on the lookout for any sort of Sioux jersey, so contact me with any leads.

Nice dedication to your team. Very impressive representation of various eras!

College jerseys are a real challenge many times. A lot of schools don't even sell authentic versions at retail. Gamers are even harder to come by, and typically they are more expensive than an NHL version of the same player.

I've seen North Dakota gamers go upwards of $7000, and that's paid in full with cash on the spot...and not even vintage, only a few years old. It's almost impossible to find an authentic of any era for sale other than the current style. The style they wore before the RBK Edge's was last used in 2008-2009, and were Nike. I can't recall seeing an authentic on eBay in the last 2-3 years, and that's searching multiple times daily. A gamer pops up here or there, but it's always more than one can typically afford.

Sometimes a lower quality replica is all you can ask for. Thankfully places like Ebbets can make some of the vintage styles as near as possible considering it's 2011.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I am new to the board and this is my first post.

@Big A HG - Awesome collection of UND jerseys!

I have a question for you. I am interested in buying an RBK Replica Kelly Green UND Jersey from SiouxShop.com and customize it with one of my favorite players, Matt Greene.

Do you know where I could possibly send it to have it customized?

I am in Los Angeles and a huge Kings and Matt Greene fan.

Thanks a lot,

Charley

I'm about 90% sure that EPS does the actual game jerseys for the Sioux. However, Greene never wore the Reebok style jerseys. He wore the previous style Nike jerseys.

This is an example of that style:

img_4076-1.jpg

EPS would have been responsible for the customization of that style jersey as well. EPS is the only place I know of that can do it right anyways. Keep in mind, the top later of twill (primary color on lettering/numbering) on the Nike jerseys is glacier twill. On the Reeboks, the twill is "standard" twill throughout.

PS, I know you're a Kings fan, but I have a Matt Greene game worn Oilers jersey I'd be willing to sell for a reasonable price. It's my only NHL jersey I own so it doesn't really fit in with the rest of my collection. Comes with Meigray certificate and tagging.

Thanks for the offer, Big A HG! but I am going to have to decline the Oilers Greene jersey.

I know Greener never wore the current RBK style for UND, and I may be committing a jersey foul by trying to get his name on the new style, but I really wanted to get this newest style of Sioux jersey before the NCAA makes them change their name forever.

Thanks for the offer, Big A HG! but I am going to have to decline the Oilers Greene jersey.

I know Greener never wore the current RBK style for UND, and I may be committing a jersey foul by trying to get his name on the new style, but I really wanted to get this newest style of Sioux jersey before the NCAA makes them change their name forever.

There's some good news regarding the current RBK jerseys...they will be around at least another year. The state of North Dakota has passed a bill saying that the University of North Dakota is REQUIRED to keep the name/logo despite the imposed NCAA sanctions for doing so. While they try to iron some things out with the NCAA and other authorities, UND will wear the name/logo for at least one more season. This season that just ended was supposed to be the last year, but will not be.

I don't think getting an RBK done with Greene on it would be too big of a jersey foul, but I would try and find the proper one. It's part of what makes jersey collecting fun...looking for the perfect jersey to fit your needs. Most of the fun is the hunt, at least to me. Once I get a jersey, I go on another hunt for something else I want, because that's the best part.

• 3 months later...

Seems like you guys know your Fighting Sioux jerseys. Consequently, I want to ask you all a question. I'm a Jonathan Toews fan. I want to find an authentic hockey jersey he would've worn while playing there at University of North Dakota. Any information you can provide as to what make, where to purchase, etc.....?

Thank you kindly for any positive answers!