Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

As a Kings/Dionne fan, I'd say why not go with Dionne? Of course he's not best remembered as a Ranger, but you've already got some interesting and unusual Rangers jerseys of guys like Kurri and McSorley, so why not add Dionne?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Mullen, turcotte, beezer, Richter, and ogrodnick already. Valid point lak, good way to look at it. Slim, lafleur is another great idea. this is gonna be tough. Even if I didn't have a beezer already I think the long name with the straight font looks off.

I have a Mullen, turcotte, beezer, Richter, and ogrodnick already. Valid point lak, good way to look at it. Slim, lafleur is another great idea. ###### this is gonna be tough. Even if I didn't have a beezer already I think the long name with the straight font looks off.

Then leave it blank and sell it to meeeee! :)

Even if I didn't have a beezer already I think the long name with the straight font looks off.

It'll absolutely look off, but that's what's so great about. Don't try tell me this doesn't look awesome -

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=57&lotid=159

I used to own a similar '86 and the name carried over into the sleeves, lol.

It'll absolutely look off, but that's what's so great about. Don't try tell me this doesn't look awesome -

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=57&lotid=159

I used to own a similar '86 and the name carried over into the sleeves, lol.

That's exactly why I want it, Slim! :)

Who mentioned maruk yesterday... Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231091791412

Okay, I'll weigh in here:

Ron Greschner #4

Walt Poddubny #8

Don Maloney #12

Pierre Larouche #10

Troy Mallette #26

Knuckles Nilan #30

Doug Wickenheiser #14 (He played ONE game!)

And then the ultimate obscure choice from the 1980's? Why, none other than the first American to ever score 50 goals in a season: Bobby Carpenter. The only downside is that he never wore CCM with the Rangers in his 28 games during 1986-87.

Greschner and puddubny were some of the first names that came to mind however the strip job on the jersey left behind some color stain from where they ironed the old numbers down. It was a 15 so I'm trying to at the very least pick a two digit number to redo it with to cover as much of this as possible. Malette isn't a bad idea Mike...do you not like the dionne idea?

Ok, next jersey in question, St. Louis Blues. Gonna put the nhl 75th patch and blues 25th patch. Hull or shanahan seem like obvious choices but what you you guys think of a rich or Ron sutter with the full name?

Looks more like a recreation of the original instead of a true authentic. The lines are rather crooked, and they put the "25 Years" too low. Still better than the usual repro but expensive for something that's not the same as the real thing.

Nujerzey...brilliant idea. I don't know how I overlooked oates. Pretty sure he wore the A as well. Slim...I'd love to do authentic patches all the time, but that's one area I've learned to just live with for the sake of actually getting jerseys customized rather than have them sit in the closet for years looking for a patch. For my rangers jerseys I'm usually a bit more picky but otherwise I'll usually settle for a replica.

I don't know how I overlooked oates. Pretty sure he wore the A as well.

image_zpsfae7ad27.jpg

Who should I put on this bad boy? I was thinking Spezza, but the good old Alfredsson would be nice too. Redden? Heatley....maybe when he's retired.

IMG_2979_zpsa228db05.jpg

Judging by the NHL shield I think it's most likely a Koho, in which case Heatley would be a foul. I'd go with Hossa.

Just won this for a nice price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anaheim-mighty-ducks-jersey-/271319232076?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3ACA%3A3160&item=271319232076&nma=true&si=oUquk7NIShZO7M2SqF9a3awpBrY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

When did the Ducks wear KOHO exactly? I know 2001-02 and 2002-03 but any other seasons?

I am thinking Giggy with a Cup patch but also possible Cup patched Adam Oates, Paul Kariya, Sandis Ozolins, or even Andy McDonald.

Could also make it a Bryzgalov as he played 1 game in 2001-02 and 2002-03

Any other years as an option?

Judging by the NHL shield I think it's most likely a Koho, in which case Heatley would be a foul. I'd go with Hossa.

Actually it's a reebok :P

Probably going with Spezza; all star, franchise player and now captain... Can't go wrong.

Thanks got thr input guys!

When did the Ducks wear KOHO exactly? I know 2001-02 and 2002-03 but any other seasons?

I am thinking Giggy with a Cup patch but also possible Cup patched Adam Oates, Paul Kariya, Sandis Ozolins, or even Andy McDonald.

Could also make it a Bryzgalov as he played 1 game in 2001-02 and 2002-03

Any other years as an option?

Try this...not perfect but a decent starting point...

http://www.nhluniforms.com/index.html