Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

Gonna score a Pens diagonal but have NOOOOOO clue who to put on it. I'm thinkin Joe Mullen, Kevin Stevens or Ron Francis. Don't really want a second Lemieux because I have a robo 3rd that's gonna be a Lemieux. Like the Mullen idea since he was the first American to notch 500 goals and I watched that game. Not a tribute to that since that would've been a Starter home and this is a CCM road. Please advise :stickhndl:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mullen is an awesome choice. You don't see too many of his jerseys around and like you said, he was the first American-born player to reach 500 goals.

Mullen is an awesome choice. You don't see too many of his jerseys around and like you said, he was the first American-born player to reach 500 goals.

I second that motion. Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, there's plenty, but Mullen?

With a nice long/thin 'A', and the proper font for the 7s, and that thing will be sweet!!

2245154490105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

2619418210105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

STUD!!

2768157390105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

Didn't want to start a new thread. I picked up this DP 2007-2010 home name plate at the Coli for $5. Surprisingly, the DiPietro is actually sewn down (unfortunately it has the stitching around the border of the name plate). Should I strip the name plate off my Premier DP jersey and replace it with the new name plate? It will look weird, but the DP on the jersey is incorrect, the first "i" should be lower case. Also, the name plate I bought is airknit. The good thing is that the new name plate has the glue on the back, so I can just press it down. The last question is, should I swap nameplates, should I sew over the stitches already on the name plate?

IMG_6786.jpg

Take the lousy one off. By the looks of it, the correct one is large enough that it'll cover everything up in the end anyway, right?

And what do you mean 'unfortunately' it has a serged edge?? That's a great feature! That's how they wear them on the game ones too so it's 100% accurate.

Take the lousy one off. By the looks of it, the correct one is large enough that it'll cover everything up in the end anyway, right?

And what do you mean 'unfortunately' it has a serged edge?? That's a great feature! That's how they wear them on the game ones too so it's 100% accurate.

It isn't as long as the other, but it is fine. I will take it off tomorrow.

Is it safe to sew through the glue and serged edges?

I second that motion. Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, there's plenty, but Mullen?

With a nice long/thin 'A', and the proper font for the 7s, and that thing will be sweet!!

Mullen be the choice. Frequently forgotten but talented as hell. One of my favorites growing up for sure.

Can't wait to see it.

Finally got my hands on one of these and i have the dilema as the thread states

vyqsli.jpg

finally broke down and added my first liberty jersey to the rangers collection, a starter, from cjmatthews on this forum. trying to decide between lafontaine and robitaille. what do you guys think? also, i cant seem to find a picture of robitaille wearing a liberty...anybody have one?

finally broke down and added my first liberty jersey to the rangers collection, a starter, from cjmatthews on this forum. trying to decide between lafontaine and robitaille. what do you guys think? also, i cant seem to find a picture of robitaille wearing a liberty...anybody have one?

If you wanted to be OVERLY accurate I don't think you can make that one into a Luc jersey. the 96-97 jersey has 3 tags in the neck, like the Gretzky jersey in my photobucket, and then 97-98 and 98-99 had 2 tags in the neck, like the blank one I gave you. At least that's what Mike told me.

He did all throughout the 1996-97 playoffs. That was their road jersey in all three series. So, he wore it when Graves popped in the wraparound to beat the Devils.

post-70-0-47356100-1309473383_thumb.jpg

I'd say that there is enough to get it.

LaFontaine all the way there....Robitalle on a rangers jersey is like you looking at madusa (and turning you into stone). Also the back starter tag had the name under the S on the 96-97 as to just the S after.

LaFontaine all the way there....Robitalle on a rangers jersey is like you looking at madusa (and turning you into stone). Also the back starter tag had the name under the S on the 96-97 as to just the S after.

Ya know up until recently I never noticed that... now looking at them, ######, you're right. Almost makes me wish my Gretzky was a blank so I could make it a Messier.

Wait; which one is it? The S-star with the wordmark underneath or the larger S-star only? Because, if it's the latter, then no to Robitaille. He was back on the Kings that year.

Robitalle on a rangers jersey is like you looking at madusa (and turning you into stone).

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

robitaille_rangers_white_back.jpg

guys, im new to starter and liberty jerseys. i knew about the tagging issue and a have a spare center ice tag that i believe would make this correct for 1996-97. what else would be different?

edit: i now see ill need two different tags. i believe the bottom starter tag is the same as the ones on their replicas. im sure i can pick up one cheap on ebay. mike...wanna do some sewing?

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

robitaille_rangers_white_back.jpg

dude, sell me that one and solve this dilemma for me!

guys, im new to starter and liberty jerseys. i knew about the tagging issue and a have a spare center ice tag that i believe would make this correct for 1996-97. what else would be different?

The hem tagging would be slightly different.

To quote what Mike told me.

1996-97 Starter(ALL jerseys):

199697starter-vi.jpg

1997-98 and 98-99 Starter(home and third jerseys):

199798starterhome-vi.jpg

1997-98 and 98-99 Starter(road jerseys):

199798starterroad-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...