Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

26 minutes ago, furiousd said:

That's pretty much my thought process.  I'd probably replace "enforcer" with "captain." 

That's a good way to go too. A captains C equals an extra "patch" and everyone knows, more patches equals more gooder. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's a good way to go too. A captains C equals an extra "patch" and everyone knows, more patches equals more gooder. 

I'm sort of in this spot. Thinking of doing a SCF jersey with an "A" (Keith) instead of going with my favorite player (Seabrook) and doing an alt jersey as  Seabs when he had the "A." Not sure yet. Might do a Seabrook with the "A" and 100th.

I try to go with the player that had the most impact for the season.  I try not to repeat any jersey year/color combos.  GW are a different story as I try to collect the people who I most admired from that season (cost being a factor, though), and they aren't always the ones that had the most impact.

18 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I try to go with the player that had the most impact for the season.  

I'm leaning more this way. Possibly also for players who had really bright moments too that we're turning points or momentum shifts that lead to big wins. 

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I try to go with the player that had the most impact for the season.  I try not to repeat any jersey year/color combos.  GW are a different story as I try to collect the people who I most admired from that season (cost being a factor, though), and they aren't always the ones that had the most impact.

That's basically my collecting philosophy. Only problem I run into is trying to limit it to 2 jerseys per player and also trying to represent each jersey style (or tweak given the Rangers have been pretty consistent with their uniform). 

6 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

If you only had blanks, how would you decide? 

Sell them all and buy gamers. 

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Fixed.

I’ve had that thought recently. Would be cool to sell everything, grab a Brodeur gamer, and just have that. 

If I ever decide to leave the hobby, that might be where I wind up. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve had that thought recently. Would be cool to sell everything, grab a Brodeur gamer, and just have that. 

You’ll get bored with one jersey that you can’t/probably shouldn’t wear!

17 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

You’ll get bored with one jersey that you can’t/probably shouldn’t wear!

Would be funny as hell to stroll into the Prudential Center in a $7,000 jersey. 

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not that serious about any one person to spend $5k-15k o something they wore or played. Maybe that shows the state of my expendable income, but aside from owning Keith Richards' Macawber telecaster there just isn't anything I'd pay a premium for just because it was owned by a star.

I don't think, even as a truly humble jersey collector, that just one jersey would suffice for very long.

2 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I don't think, even as a truly humble jersey collector, that just one jersey would suffice for very long.

This is the real answer. I’m down to about 15-20, and THAT doesn’t suffice. So forget about one. 

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Would be funny as hell to stroll into the Prudential Center in a $7,000 jersey. 

Now’s the time to buy. His stuff is only gonna go up once he hits the Hall. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any Sharks or Stars home gamers/properly done up authentics from 2005-2007?

Were the numbers and names kiss-cut or layered?

I don’t own any gamers but you can tell from gamer pictures that both the Sharks and Stars were layered.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dr_Puck

I may have found a Vintage CCM Nords at a good price from a buddy. What’s the story with these jerseys? Are they bad? Assuming I got it, should I restrict the player to a certain year?

If you are referring to the Vintage Hockey airknit remakes, I would just treat it as if it were a replica.  They don’t look exactly like any of the originals from any season, but because of the general similarity of the design from year to year, they don’t look all that different either.  So IMO you could go with pretty much any player from any season from the 80’s-on.  The lettering font could vary quite a bit though, depending on which season you choose.

Just to give you an example, the dilemma facing anyone who wants to accurately do up an 80’s Nordiques player is that it’s darn near impossible to get an original blank game jersey, which had screened on fleurs-de-lis.  And even if you could get one, if you wanted to accurately letter it, you would have to do so with the crappy screened on lettering, which might start to fall apart after a lot of usage.  So when I wanted to do up a Peter Stastny, I just got a Vintage Hockey replica, stitched down the crest and fleurs-de-lis, and got it customized with twill lettering:

QUE  1987/88  Šťastný, Peter    R f

QUE  1987/88  Šťastný, Peter    R r

The font is decently accurate for the 1987/88 season (including the captain “C”, which varied a lot throughout the years), and even though the jersey itself doesn’t look exactly the same as the original, I’m pretty happy with it.  Beats worrying about whether all the screened stuff would flake off after usage.

Edited by LAK74

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I just picked up a Pro Player Wild authentic. Should I even bother getting it customized? Anything I put on there is going to be a foul. 

Or It could be that anything you do is NOT a foul...