Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

15 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I just picked up a Pro Player Wild authentic. Should I even bother getting it customized? Anything I put on there is going to be a foul. 

Could always do a 00 Gaborik draft jersey.  I don't have any clue if that was Pro Player or not, but it might have been.

Or have a #1 with a big name that says "FANS" on it.  Gotta remember the retired numbers.

Edited by Nathan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just picked up a blank Leafs Stadium Series jersey.  I'd obviously want Matthews, but he didn't play.  I'm thinking either Marner, Rielly, or Nylander

Marner. 

I feel like the guy gets overlooked or gets less attention than he should because of Matthews. Marner is a solid guy and still very young, he'll be even better. 

Thanks guys :)  I'm getting Marner.  I know the Adidas are Indos, but for $100 CDN, I'll buy one lol

17 minutes ago, Prowl said:

Thanks guys :)  I'm getting Marner.  I know the Adidas are Indos, but for $100 CDN, I'll buy one lol

It's funny, since Adidas took over, MIC's are not available, and Fanatics is making the replicas which are basically like high cost pajama tops, there is a much bigger divide in quality between Indo and replica. But, the price isn't all that different. I can't really figure it out.

What are my options for this. No goalies.

XVnlFzm.jpg

21 minutes ago, Krendelev said:

What are my options for this. No goalies.

XVnlFzm.jpg

Assuming it’s a wordmark?

Elias (with the A) is the first that comes to my mind. Jagr works if you like him. I can’t endorse guys like Parise or Kovalsuck. 

Though you seem to like Russian players, the 2013-13 roster has some non-Kovy choices for you (Volchenkov, Loktionov, Ponikarovsky, Zubrus is Lithuanian, it’s close). 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Assuming it’s a wordmark?

Elias (with the A) is the first that comes to my mind. Jagr works if you like him. I can’t endorse guys like Parise or Kovalsuck. 

Though you seem to like Russian players, the 2013-13 roster has some non-Kovy choices for you (Volchenkov, Loktionov, Ponikarovsky, Zubrus is Lithuanian, it’s close). 

Yes, it's a wordmark. Elias sounds like a good choice. Volchenkov also.

22 minutes ago, Krendelev said:

Yes, it's a wordmark. Elias sounds like a good choice. Volchenkov also.

18 minutes ago, Van67 said:

I put Jagr on mine.

I got a goalie’s jersey.

44969675031_e7dbcfb857_b.jpg

Those are both sweet. Did Elias play in the Stadium Series game? I have one of those patches I could put on it.

I think Elias is the winner.

7 hours ago, Van67 said:

He did. He also wore the 'A'

He’s also one of the few players who played well in that game (two goals). 

• 1 month later...

That's an interesting time for the Rangers. There's Jagr and Shanahan, with 1200+ career goals between them. There's also Callahan (#43) and Dubinsky (54) as rookies, and Colton Orr, Darius Kasparatis and Sean Avery if you like the tough guys. And of course there's the immortal Petr Prucha.

Edited by NYRFanDB

Remember when the Rangers and Blackhawks were all set to orchestrate a Petr-Prucha-for-Brent-Seabrook trade in 2006 but it got shot down last-minute because Sather didn't want to give up Prucha? It's a good thing they kept him and all six of his goals.

2 hours ago, NYRFanDB said:

That's an interesting time for the Rangers. There's Jagr and Shanahan, with 1200+ career goals between them. There's also Callahan (#43) and Dubinsky (54) as rookies, and Colton Orr, Darius Kasparatis and Sean Avery if you like the tough guys. And of course there's the immortal Petr Prucha.

Mostly good choices, but you couldn’t pay me to put Avery on a jersey in my collection, unless I find a gamer of his. 

30 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Mostly good choices, but you couldn’t pay me to put Avery on a jersey in my collection, unless I find a gamer of his. 

Good man. Almost. 

40 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Personally, I feel the same way about Avery, but I know he still has some fans out there.

Ducks: Niedermayer, Pahlsson (stud during that run), Selanne, Getzlaf, Perry. 

Rangers: Besides the big names, Straka, Nylander, Rucinsky we’re all solid, under appreciated players. 

• 3 months later...

Just looking for opinions and recommendations on who you would put on this jersey.

It's a 90s Bauer IHL Phoenix Roadrunners white home jersey.

I have the 50th IHL anniversary patch and I was going to do Byron Dafoe from the 94-95 IHL season.

But just today I found out Gretzky wore the white Roadrunners jersey for sort of an intersquad game.  Back in late September of the 93-94 season, the Kings played against their farm team the Roadrunners, and I'm guessing they swapped some players to even out the rosters and Wayne ended up wearing a Roadrunners jersey for the game.

I view the Gretzky option sort of like the Modano #39 jersey in that it was never worn in league play, exhibition only.

So my question is would you go for a Dafoe or a Gretzky on it?

46866235344_48a0689710.jpg

Edited by JJM4