Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

Yes.  Actually all the way back from 1988 to 1996.

Edited by LAK74

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Airknit jerseys tend to tear more easily than ultrafil and need more repairs, although they have the advantage of better ventilation and therefore they are “cooler” to play in. The regular season sets generally needed to last half a season, so the team went with ultrafil for more durability.  Unless the team went really deep in the playoffs, a playoff set wouldn’t usually be used for more than 3 to 7 games, so the team switched to airknit for better player comfort, without having to worry about the need for excessive repairs or multiple jerseys for each player.

I got this info from the Kings’ equipment manager.

7 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Truth be told, I would much rather slap a 100th cup patch on my ultrafil than a final patch anyway. 

This is just part of the reason I’ve never had a Kings ‘93 Finals jersey made up.  Airknit Chevys were team-issued only, and extremely hard to find.  (The only one I have is a playoff gamer.)   Also, an authentic Finals patch is super rare.  Add to that, having to cut a weirdly-shaped ultrafil swatch to stitch the patch to before stitching the whole assembly over an already-existing SC100 patch, is too much trouble and expense to go to, just to make a jersey they lost in.  😠

23 hours ago, LAK74 said:

This is just part of the reason I’ve never had a Kings ‘93 Finals jersey made up.  Airknit Chevys were team-issued only, and extremely hard to find.  (The only one I have is a playoff gamer.)   Also, an authentic Finals patch is super rare.  Add to that, having to cut a weirdly-shaped ultrafil swatch to stitch the patch to before stitching the whole assembly over an already-existing SC100 patch, is too much trouble and expense to go to, just to make a jersey they lost in.  😠

I think you meant to say "A jersey that shouldn't even have existed". 

F YOU KERRY FRASER

19 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

What do you mean "still"?? What else is there for a Leafs fan??

I'll cut you.

9 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Geeze, I think I have problems because I am still upset about the missed Tuck Rule call.

Of course when your team hasn’t won a cup since before the original Woodstock, I understand why you might complain about borderline penalties in the playoffs in the early 90s.

It wasn't a borderline penalty.  The blood was on Gilmour's chin to prove it.  Kerry Fraser is a lying sack of s*** piece of garbage. 

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Silly Leafs fans! Can’t pull the great one out of a playoff game in OT!

DING DING DING. 

• 5 weeks later...

For Blue Jackets home jersey Edge 2.0 wordmark (2011-17), narrowed it down to these:

17 Dubinsky (A), 13 Atkinson, 71 Foligno (C), 61 Nash (C), or 72 Bobrovsky?

Edited by NYRFanDB

24 minutes ago, NYRFanDB said:

For Blue Jackets home jersey Edge 2.0 wordmark (2011-17), narrowed it down to these:

17 Dubinsky (A), 13 Atkinson, 71 Foligno (C), 61 Nash (C), or 72 Bobrovsky?

Note that the shoulder patches changed for the 2015-16 season.  If you have the cannon shoulder patches it's 2015-17.  For the hat shoulder patches it would be 2011-15.

59 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Note that the shoulder patches changed for the 2015-16 season.  If you have the cannon shoulder patches it's 2015-17.  For the hat shoulder patches it would be 2011-15.

Good catch. It's the hat. Will have to go back and cross-reference to confirm who gets eliminated.

The beauty of this form on display... more eyes and minds on your project the better and we all learn something from it.  I'd have never thought or known about the differing shoulder patches in this instance but now I've learned something about Blue Jackets jerseys.

My vote would go for Foligno or Atkinson.

2 hours ago, NYRFanDB said:

Good catch. It's the hat. Will have to go back and cross-reference to confirm who gets eliminated.

Looks like everyone is still in play.

s-l300.jpg

I'm thinking about Pisani on this 2.0? But did he ever wear that as a 2.0?

Was originally thinking about Gagner, but who knows how long he'll be around for.... and he hasn't done much for the Oilers.

Thanks! 🙂

18 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

s-l300.jpg

I'm thinking about Pisani on this 2.0? But did he ever wear that as a 2.0?

Was originally thinking about Gagner, but who knows how long he'll be around for.... and he hasn't done much for the Oilers.

Thanks! 🙂

A quick look at the Meigray population reports appears to show that Pisani wore exclusively 1.0's with the Oilers.

10 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

A quick look at the Meigray population reports appears to show that Pisani wore exclusively 1.0's with the Oilers.

Thanks. Who would you recommend I put on it then? Would Smyth work?

Those jerseys should not even exist as 2.0’s.  No Oiler player ever wore a 2.0 until after that style was retired.  So if that jersey is really team-issued (and I have no reason to doubt that it is), the team simply never used them in games.

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Those jerseys should not even exist as 2.0’s.  No Oiler player ever wore a 2.0 until after that style was retired.  So if that jersey is really team-issued (and I have no reason to doubt that it is), the team simply never used them in games.

Wow! Didn't know that.

I wonder if I should just leave it blank then.

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

If that’s true, then I would say anyone who wore that style as a 1.0 is fair game. There’s no way to customize it “correctly”, so any player who wore that style as a 1.0 would be the most accurate you could get. 

36 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I have a 2.0 Roloson gamer in that exact same style. 

Edit: it’s also from the 2007/08 season. 

Edited by thebiggoalie