Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

So from that roster of anonymous players you have the choice of Hall of Famer Rod Langway and don't know what to do?? :unsure:

I think what you should do is sell me the jersey.

I 2nd that motion...the Langway part, not the sell to Jeff part :P

2549680410105778501S600x600Q85.jpg"]2549680410105778501S600x600Q85.jpg[/url]

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go Gino!

1) The number 29 is a great number

2) He kicks Arse

3) He scared the hell out of me when I was 7ish by showing me and a couple of other people how his fake teeth worked.

Gino was one of my first choices, but I was reluctant because of his shortened 94/95 season. After some reminiscing, Gino is gonna be my guy.

So from that roster of anonymous players you have the choice of Hall of Famer Rod Langway and don't know what to do?? :unsure:

I think what you should do is sell me the jersey.

<_<

since you're having such i hard time deciding, i'll help you out (from the goodness of my heart) and save you the trama... sell it to me and rid yourself of all the worrying and i'll be the one that struggles with finding a name for it.

it's the LEAST i can do!

:thumbsup:

I 2nd that motion...the Langway part, not the sell to Jeff part :P

Yeah, but Langway is the standard go-to for a Spiders jersey. The other options would be Link Gaetz and Sandis Ozolinsh, although I've done business with Andy Rymsha before. Or I could go with Robin Bawa, turn my CBJ alternate into Manny Malhotra, then pick up an Iowa Chops Ajay Baines and have an all-time Indian team (that would be odd, since I have not a drop of Indian blood).

The other assumption is that I'd be using the correct numbers instead of using these (as taken and posted by hockeyjimm):

96_Spiders_b.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Customize it to NYLES 0 (the mascot).

:thumbsup:

The more obscure the better!

Seriously though, Palffy, Kasparaitis, McCabe, Salo, Fichaud, Jonsson, Green,Vukota, Webb, Clark, Berard, Bertuzzi, Smolinski, Reichel, Armstrong, LaChance, etc. are your options.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to put names and numbers on these practice jerseys, but I am thinking about fixing them up as follows. None of the patches are sewn on yet. How do you think these look? Do you like or hate the idea?

2163152010107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2714042050107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2635058500107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2632868340107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2787362500107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

Just won this auction...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160657261242?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The North America will be made into a 1999 Jeremy Roenick... still need the USA Flag and Coyotes patches for it.

The Eastern Conference one... once I hopefully am able to clean off the skate rust stains... is the one I'm trying to decide who to put on it.

From the years this jersey was worn, I'm considering:

1994 – New York

• 8 - RW Mark Recchi (Philadelphia Flyers)

• 18 - C Joe Sakic (Quebec Nordiques)

• 77 - D Ray Bourque (Boston Bruins), Alternate Captain

• 88 - C Eric Lindros (Philadelphia Flyers)

1996 – Boston

• 20 - LW John LeClair (Philadelphia Flyers)

• 66 - C Mario Lemieux (Pittsburgh Penguins), Alternate

• 68 - RW Jaromir Jagr (Pittsburgh Penguins)

• 77 - D Ray Bourque (Boston Bruins), Captain… Like this option a lot. Captain, and it was an All Star Game in his team’s city, and he scored the GWG with 37 seconds left

1997 – San Jose

• 8 - RW Mark Recchi (Montreal Canadiens)… he had a hat trick in this game

• 10 - LW John LeClair (Philadelphia Flyers)[7]

• 66 - C Mario Lemieux (Pittsburgh Penguins)

• 77 - D Ray Bourque (Boston Bruins)

• 99 - C Wayne Gretzky (New York Rangers), Captain… I don’t own a Gretzky jersey yet

It's just a practice jersey and I'm pretty sure neither patch is authentic so I wouldn't put them on a regular jersey. I have a bunch of patches laying around and I figured instead of them taking up space on my shelf I might attach them to some of my practice jerseys.

Just won this auction...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160657261242?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The North America will be made into a 1999 Jeremy Roenick... still need the USA Flag and Coyotes patches for it.

The Eastern Conference one... once I hopefully am able to clean off the skate rust stains... is the one I'm trying to decide who to put on it.

From the years this jersey was worn, I'm considering:

1994 – New York

• 8 - RW Mark Recchi (Philadelphia Flyers)

• 18 - C Joe Sakic (Quebec Nordiques)

• 77 - D Ray Bourque (Boston Bruins), Alternate Captain

1996 – Boston

• 20 - LW John LeClair (Philadelphia Flyers)

• 66 - C Mario Lemieux (Pittsburgh Penguins), Alternate

• 68 - RW Jaromir Jagr (Pittsburgh Penguins)

• 77 - D Ray Bourque (Boston Bruins), Captain… Like this option a lot. Captain, and it was an All Star Game in his team’s city, and he scored the GWG with 37 seconds left

1997 – San Jose

• 8 - RW Mark Recchi (Montreal Canadiens)… he had a hat trick in this game

• 10 - LW John LeClair (Philadelphia Flyers)[7]

• 66 - C Mario Lemieux (Pittsburgh Penguins)

• 77 - D Ray Bourque (Boston Bruins)

• 99 - C Wayne Gretzky (New York Rangers), Captain… I don’t own a Gretzky jersey yet

Even though Lindros appears on all three years.....and I used to own the '94 Lindros......I would say go with Bourque in '96

I'm thinking Briere for this one. Roenick and Tkchuck are overdone. Any other ideas?

2749050700107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

Khabibulin?

True, I could do Khabibulin. I currently don't have any jerseys with goalies on them so that's not a bad idea.

I'm thinking Briere for this one. Roenick and Tkchuck are overdone. Any other ideas?

Tocchet?

Tocchet?

Tocchet wore Starter and Pro Player jerseys with Pheonix. He didn't wear CCM while there.

Did Amonte wear that jersey?

Yes, but he only played part of one season in Pheonix.

They did use CCM(Gunzo's) mesh in the early 1980's. However, I do believe that it was only a playoff set in 84-85 or somewhere in that area. I do know they used mesh at least once though. Maybe before they switched to ultrafil from durene.