Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

Thanks for the input, Mike. I recently bought that Starter Replica I posted on the ebay thread. It is a very unique one because it's a mesh jersey. I might keep it to wear at home.

Edit: ...and the shoulder patches are missing

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do believe that it was only a playoff set in 84-85 or somewhere in that area.

I'm pretty sure the only time they ever wore mesh was during the playoffs (not sure why they didn't regular season), and they wore them in both 85 and 86.

2005-06/2006-07 Calgary Flames Jersey

2005-06/2006-07 Carolina Hurricanes Jersey

Now who should I take. I was thinking Tanguay and maybe Vasicek.

I like the Doug Weight choice too actually. The guy had a separated shoulder after Game 6 in Edmonton but still managed to raise the Cup over his head:

dw-cup.jpg

weight-hurricanes-cuppg-horizontal.jpg

I do love the shot of Brind'Amour with the Cup because of how much emotion it carries but the one of Dougie is my absolute favorite picture of a Cup celebration outside of 1994.

I've got a blank Bruins TBTC jersey in addition to a Bourque and a Neely.

Thoughts?

Janney and Oates were both in their prime, and Janney wore the A -

2036858610105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2640268190105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

(Just noticed now - '93-94 Fleer w '92-93 as the season, and a pic from '91-92...nice)

and Moog was still a pretty darn good goalie -

2967384920105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Andy Moog?? Pffffft. Matt DelGuidice all the way!! After all, he DID give up the game-winning to Mike Gartner in Mark Messier's first game at Madison Square Garden.

Andy Moog?? Pffffft. Matt DelGuidice all the way!! After all, he DID give up the game-winning to Mike Gartner in Mark Messier's first game at Madison Square Garden.

But did he wear the jersey? My first real choice would be to display Barry Pederson's triumphant return to bean-town, but I can't find a pic of him wearing the TBTC...

Matt_Delguidice.jpg

Apology accepted, Captain Needa.

I still remember that game. Both teams scored late in the third period and then Gartner scored off a Messier pass about two minutes or so into OT. But yes, DelGuidice played the whole game. Moog had won the game against the Rangers in both teams' season openers in Boston a few days earlier but Matt got the start at the Garden for some reason.

Heh...well, clearly I wasn't being entirely serious about the whole DelGuidice thing. I will say this though: If you ever decide to do a Matt DelGuidice TBTC jersey, I think you'd be the only person on the planet who owns a Matt DelGuidice TBTC jersey...and I think that would include Matt DelGuidice himself!

Is this the world record for a sentence containing the name DelGuidice? Perhaps.

Okay, one more. DELGUIDICE!

Is this the world record for a sentence containing the name DelGuidice? Perhaps.

Probably not because you only used it once in that sentence. :P

I have 4 jerseys im gonna send out

A 2007 white flyers edge

2010 orange flyers edge

current white edge hurricanes

current black home ducks edge

i really wanna get players with the A or C

A 2007 white flyers edge - Jason Smith or Gagne, too many of us are working on Giroux rookie jerseys

2010 orange flyers edge - Briere or Leino with 2010 SCF patch

current white edge hurricanes - Eric Staal even though it's played out, won't go bad any time soon...

current black home ducks edge - Perry, Getzlaf, Ryan, or Visnovsky, although I like the sleeper pick of Cam Fowler...

A 2007 white flyers edge - Jason Smith or Gagne, too many of us are working on Giroux rookie jerseys

2010 orange flyers edge - Briere or Leino with 2010 SCF patch

current white edge hurricanes - Eric Staal even though it's played out, won't go bad any time soon...

current black home ducks edge - Perry, Getzlaf, Ryan, or Visnovsky, although I like the sleeper pick of Cam Fowler...

Your the man...Jason Smith is such a good idea on the white one, totally passed that up. Im turning my current white edge into a Briere so i think im gonna turn the orange into a Pronger. I still have an orange Richards so ill keep that around.

For the white Canes, i feel like Skinner would be played out so ive actually been considering Sutter with the A. And honestly i may put Pronger on the ducks from when he was captain. He has been one of my favorites since i was a kid.

• 2 weeks later...

So I might (emphasis on might) be sending my white Liberty to Mike to get done this week, that is if I can decide who to put on it. I'd REALLY like to make it a Gretzky, but it's a CCM jersey and I'm trying to do Starter jerseys as Gretzky. Leetch? Richter?

^ Potvins Cups #4. All of the cool kids are doing that :thumbsup:

LOL! Seriously though, somebody help me. I'm indecisive. I REALLY wanna make it a Gretzky, but I'm trying to save that for a Starter (even though I just let one go on eBay and it sold for 50 bucks :()

So I might (emphasis on might) be sending my white Liberty to Mike to get done this week, that is if I can decide who to put on it. I'd REALLY like to make it a Gretzky, but it's a CCM jersey and I'm trying to do Starter jerseys as Gretzky. Leetch? Richter?

I am in the same boat I am not sure either who to put on my White Starter Liberty jersey