Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

Been holding onto a powder blue Pens jersey for awhile now. Was thinking Guerin, but Malkin is also a consideration. Thoughts?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just won this for a nice price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anaheim-mighty-ducks-jersey-/271319232076?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:CA:3160&item=271319232076&nma=true&si=oUquk7NIShZO7M2SqF9a3awpBrY=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

When did the Ducks wear KOHO exactly? I know 2001-02 and 2002-03 but any other seasons?

I am thinking Giggy with a Cup patch but also possible Cup patched Adam Oates, Paul Kariya, Sandis Ozolins, or even Andy McDonald.

Could also make it a Bryzgalov as he played 1 game in 2001-02 and 2002-03

Any other years as an option?

So YOU'RE the one who kept outbidding me ;)

Just won this for a nice price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anaheim-mighty-ducks-jersey-/271319232076?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3ACA%3A3160&item=271319232076&nma=true&si=oUquk7NIShZO7M2SqF9a3awpBrY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

When did the Ducks wear KOHO exactly? I know 2001-02 and 2002-03 but any other seasons?

I am thinking Giggy with a Cup patch but also possible Cup patched Adam Oates, Paul Kariya, Sandis Ozolins, or even Andy McDonald.

I saw that when it was first listed and it is on my grail list but the two holes on the jersey turned me away from it.

The Ducks wore Koho for 4 seasons 2000-01, 2001-02, 2002-03 (Stanley Cup Finals season), 2003-04.

Just won this for a nice price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anaheim-mighty-ducks-jersey-/271319232076?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBSA%3ACA%3A3160&item=271319232076&nma=true&si=oUquk7NIShZO7M2SqF9a3awpBrY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I was also watching that one, but passed on it.

GO GIGGY, OR GO HOME!!!!!

I was at dinner and just set a bid. Surprised it went for so cheap to be honest!

And if it was worn in 2003-04, I could do a Fedorov with A, Chris Kunitz, Joffrey Lupul,

2000-01 Gets me all the way back to Selanne with the A or even Guy Hebert

Many options... but probably will go for Giggy as I just ordered the Cup Finals patch. Thanks for the tips!

Looking for some ideas/suggestions for the following jerseys -

EDGE vector Rangers white customized/signed (Drury) and

EDGE Rangers heritage 85th annv customized/signed (Avery)

Thinking of some combination of the following:

- McDonagh (white or heritage)

- Staal (white or heritage)

- Jagr (white)

- Zuccarello (white or heritage)

- Gaborik (white or heritage)

Looking for some ideas/suggestions for the following jerseys -

EDGE vector Rangers white customized/signed (Drury) and

EDGE Rangers heritage 85th annv customized/signed (Avery)

Thinking of some combination of the following:

- McDonagh (white or heritage)

- Staal (white or heritage)

- Jagr (white)

- Zuccarello (white or heritage)

- Gaborik (white or heritage)

ZUCCA! (of course) but for the Heritage one. I have one and it looks great. For the white one, go with Gabby (soft spot for him) or McDonagh.

You can also get an 85th patch for either of them if they are Reebok logoed. If the white one is a wordmark, you can also get a Stockholm Premier patch.

Go with Gabby on the Heritage.

By buying the one I'm selling.

Aw yeah.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I've actually managed to warm up to the new US Olympic jerseys, so as a Rangers fan who should I get on one?

Being a Christmas present is gonna make it tough. It's swaying me away from getting a Callahan one and I'm not sure if Stepan'll even make the team so I'm leaning towards McDonagh

Alright, I've actually managed to warm up to the new US Olympic jerseys, so as a Rangers fan who should I get on one?

Being a Christmas present is gonna make it tough. It's swaying me away from getting a Callahan one and I'm not sure if Stepan'll even make the team so I'm leaning towards McDonagh

No matter who you get, they wont make the team, or will be injured before the olympics, murphys law or something. But seriously, you'll get mcdonagh and he wont make it but cally and stepan will, or vice versa. It's happened to me.

No matter who you get, they wont make the team, or will be injured before the olympics, murphys law or something. But seriously, you'll get mcdonagh and he wont make it but cally and stepan will, or vice versa. It's happened to me.

It's exactly how it'd go too hahaha

Such a tough choice to be making

• 2 weeks later...

I've got three Kings jerseys (two Vintage purple, one Black Home w/ Stanley Cup patch all size 52) that I'll be sending out this week to be customized, but I don't know who to put on them. Any ideas? I was thinking Kopitar or Richards on the Black Home, Kopitar or Richards on one of the Purple Vintages, and someone else on the second Purple Vintage.

Can't go wrong with either of those choices. Kings' roster is stacked, so there are lots of great choices.

I'll throw out a vote for Dwight King -- it would be pretty cool to have a Kings jersey with the name King on the back, plus 74 is a fairly unique number and you likely won't see as many of them as you will see of Kopitar, Richards, Quick, Doughty and the like.

Ultrafil Devils jersey, red with black and white (1992 - 1996). I have jerseys of the following players so I wouldn't use any of these:

Brodeur, MacLean, Daneyko, Niedermayer, Stevens, Elias.

I generally like to get people well known for their time with the Devils. I am thinking either a Terreri, a Claude Lemieux, or an enforcer, like Mike Peluso. If I do Lemieux, I'd probably add a 1995 Stanley Cup patch also. I just love doing that, extra patches are cool.

Any other opinions are welcome. Thanks!

Ultrafil Devils jersey, red with black and white (1992 - 1996). I have jerseys of the following players so I wouldn't use any of these:

Brodeur, MacLean, Daneyko, Niedermayer, Stevens, Elias.

I generally like to get people well known for their time with the Devils. I am thinking either a Terreri, a Claude Lemieux, or an enforcer, like Mike Peluso. If I do Lemieux, I'd probably add a 1995 Stanley Cup patch also. I just love doing that, extra patches are cool.

Any other opinions are welcome. Thanks!

Lemieux would be my vote.

Then you should heed the advice above - if you're going cup patch, go Broten.

Not exactly known as a Devil, they probably wouldn't have the '95 cup without him.

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2011/9/2/2401268/neal-broten-the-devils-greatest-veteran-midseason-acquisition

"Broten didn't just meet the preferences that teams have to acquire a veteran, he didn't just provide depth or experience on/off the ice or a hunger to win a Cup. He played out of his mind and helped take the Devils to a place they've never been before. I don't know whether we'll see anything like that again. If it does, a lot of things have to go right: right player, right situation, and a great amount of luck. Nevertheless, Neal Broten is the greatest veteran player midseason acquisition in team history. It may have been short, but Stanley Cups are forever."

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/20/the-lesson-of-neal-broten/?_r=0

"In Broten’s case, instead of being an aging player at the end of his career, he ended up being exactly what the Devils needed. Not only did his style fit into Lemaire’s system at the expense of a player, Millen, who didn’t, Broten’s playmaking ability re-emerged, and he became the first-line center the team desperately needed.

Broten scored 28 points in the Devils’ final 30 games of the regular season. He was one of the Devils’ most important players in the playoffs, producing 19 points in 20 games, as the Devils won their first Stanley Cup."

Then you should heed the advice above - if you're going cup patch, go Broten.

Not exactly known as a Devil, they probably wouldn't have the '95 cup without him.

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2011/9/2/2401268/neal-broten-the-devils-greatest-veteran-midseason-acquisition

"Broten didn't just meet the preferences that teams have to acquire a veteran, he didn't just provide depth or experience on/off the ice or a hunger to win a Cup. He played out of his mind and helped take the Devils to a place they've never been before. I don't know whether we'll see anything like that again. If it does, a lot of things have to go right: right player, right situation, and a great amount of luck. Nevertheless, Neal Broten is the greatest veteran player midseason acquisition in team history. It may have been short, but Stanley Cups are forever."

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/20/the-lesson-of-neal-broten/?_r=0

"In Broten’s case, instead of being an aging player at the end of his career, he ended up being exactly what the Devils needed. Not only did his style fit into Lemaire’s system at the expense of a player, Millen, who didn’t, Broten’s playmaking ability re-emerged, and he became the first-line center the team desperately needed.

Broten scored 28 points in the Devils’ final 30 games of the regular season. He was one of the Devils’ most important players in the playoffs, producing 19 points in 20 games, as the Devils won their first Stanley Cup."

That just may have sold me! Not really who you think of when you think of the great Devils, but his contributions in 1995 were no small feat.

Well then that settles it - Broten it is. As a Rngers fan I always thought Richer was overrated as a Devil but, I think Lemiuex wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Some under the radar choices

- Fetisov

- Guerin

- Zelepukin

- Brylin

- Rolston

- Holik

Wow - Just now realizing how many solid players were on that team.

It was a hell of a team. Two Hall of Fame defensemen, one future Hall of Fame goalie.

In looking up the roster for 1994-95, I found the stats very interesting. If you take into account it was a half a season and double all of the offensive output, the Devils would have had 5 guys over 20 goals, including Richer (would have been 46) and MacLean (would have been 34).

What the Devils wouldn't give for that right now.