Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

I just thought of something. If the jersey is a replica with the crown crest, then you could probably make it a 2006-07 for Blake. Reebok made the on-ice jerseys that year but the replicas were made by CCM. But you couldn't put the "C" on it, only the "A."

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Already purchased an NYR road authentic that I plan on sending to arena wear to make into a McDonagh, real question is, do I also get the Cup Final patch stitched on it?

Well approaching the 4 month mark since purchasing and Triple Threat still hasn't even been able to get the jersey from Reebok

On the bright side I get to see if McD gets a letter at the end of camp <_<

I don't know that I've seen anyone with Rangers road authentics (I'm referring to 2.0's, not Indos) other than JerseyBaron on eBay. Expensive, but you may not have much choice. Looks like they might be out of your size but you can always message them to see if they have any others.

If you're worried about size go with the larger size. I was debating between a 54 and 56 - bought the 54 and now regret it.

Edited by AlereFlammam

John, the closest match sizewise to the Premier medium replica is a size 50 authentic. (I wear both those sizes myself.) Here's a medium Premier underneath a size 50 2.0 (both are the same jersey design, 2012 ASG), and they are an almost perfect match except for the sleeves on the 2.0 are somewhat shorter. For me that's a good thing because the Premier sleeves are too long on me anyway.

image_zpsd4b14558.jpg

Congrats! Let's hope next June you'll be adding another patch to the shoulder.... :)

Can always count on you when I'm in a time of need with sizing :thumbsup:

Now decide if I should get a home or wait for an away !

Jersey Baron just listed Rangers away 2.0s on eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111481595734

If I'm not mistaken, all he did was add 1 size 46 to what he already had for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a CCM (small block - Cosby's stamped) Devils white Christmas tree jersey from 1983 - 1987

Looking for suggestions on who to put on it.

I'm leaning towards making it a Shanahan rookie jersey but not a big fan of him.

Any other thoughts???

Depends on if your going after accuracy, but if you are a stickler keep these things in mind.

You don't say what material you have or what colour combo of CCM logo you have but The Cosby hem stamp only appeared on the hem up to the 85-86 season, they just had the CCM logo on the hem from then on until the invisible CC logos appeared in the very late 80's to early 90's.

Material wise, the Devils wore mesh Jerseys from there inception up until 85-86, then they wore Ultrafil until a brief stint wearing Air Knit in 87-88 before switching back to Ultrafil.

Baring these things in mind, Shanahan's with rookie season being 87-88 and he wouldn't of worn a Cosby stamped Jersey.

Edited by NuJerzeyDevil

Sorry, I should have listed that.

Material is white Ultrafil size 52. I believe the small block CCM is all black or dark green but I leaning toward black and it's embroidered - not the CCM patch I've seen.

The Cosby's stamp is red.

I had to strip it because someone had put Stevens #4 on and a 75th patch and I knew that wasn't right, fortunately it came clean.

I've already invested a lot into this jersey and figured I'd like to finish it correctly or as close to "correct" as I can.

Thank you for all of your help.

** Just checked, the CCM small block is dark green stitching

Edited by Hockey Bob

I do love a vintage Devils jersey.

Depends on if your going after accuracy, but if you are a stickler keep these things in mind.

You don't say what material you have or what colour combo of CCM logo you have but The Cosby hem stamp only appeared on the hem up to the 85-86 season, they just had the CCM logo on the hem from then on until the invisible CC logos appeared in the very late 80's to early 90's.

Material wise, the Devils wore mesh Jerseys from there inception up until 85-86, then they wore Ultrafil until a brief stint wearing Air Knit in 87-88 before switching back to Ultrafil.

Baring these things in mind, Shanahan's with rookie season being 87-88 and he wouldn't of worn a Cosby stamped Jersey.

So if he has a Cosby stamped Ultrafil jersey, it would have to be 85-86, correct?

Being a Devils fan, I could go about a million different ways with that one. You'd be able to choose from:

John MacLean #15

Daneyko #3

Driver #23

Muller #9

Resch #1

And the other great guys, not really people that I would pick, but still cool:

Broten #10

Cirella #2

Conacher #14

McNab #7

Verbeek #16

Billington #29 (rookie season)

Of course, if you wanted to go for an oddball, Kirk McLean (#34) made his NHL Debut in 85-86, getting into 2 games. You'd have to deal with the ignorant thinking you misspelled MacLean and put the wrong number, though.

In other words, I would have a hard Arse time figuring out who to put on there. But for my money as a Devils super fan, can't go wrong with a Daneyko in the vintage colors. Its what I would ultimately wind up doing if I were able to find one in my size.

Was Muller wearing an "A" or "C" yet in 85/86?

No C or A...here is his game worn:

Home:

http://www.devilsgameworn.com/kirk-muller.php

Road:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=63&lotid=806

Edited by mfitz804

IMAG003_edit_1396972956316.jpg

I've got it down to Ulf Samuelsson, Barrasso, Stevens, Francis, and Tocchet. It's going to be a 92-93. I'd love a Lemieux, but I don't want a bunch of the same player. Leaning more toward Francis, Barrasso or Stevens.

3B2C22E1-B036-4C60-943E-9E206B12728E-209

It's a rebranded Reebok with the old shield. It's either leave it Reebok and go Malkin or Recchi, or KOHO tag it and go Kasparaitis or Straka.

6AAF2847-A662-485D-A7D1-C91ED2CE3B43-209

Since this one is a 52 I really want Fleury on it, but if I don't go Malkin on the black one that's what this one would be then go 08-09 SCF Fleury. But Gary Roberts is also an option.

Just curious about something on the Robopen- that is a big-block ultrafil, is it not? If so, the CCM neck tag looks like the one used in the late 90's (and also early 2000's), although of course the Pens did not use CCM's in the late 90's. Also, I may be wrong on this, but the penguin beak on the crest looks sharply pointed, which I haven't seen before on a CCM. So when in the heck was this jersey made??

I have a Francis, Robitaille and Lemieux in this style, with a 92/93 Larry Murphy on the way. A Samuelsson would be an uncommon and interesting choice. Stevens, Tocchet and Francis had very good seasons, but somehow I just can't get myself to want a Stevens jersey...