Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

I looked at some more and its either there are two different beak shapes or theyre really sensitive to camera angle.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just picked up this early 90's Blues jersey. I've got it narrowed down to 1991-92 Oates or 1992-93 Shanahan. I'm in love with the layered names the Blues started using in 1992-93 but have also always liked the jerseys with the 75th Anniversary NHL patch and 25th Anniversary Blues patch.

Also curious if anyone has had any success repairing the middle layer of vinyl on jerseys from this era. I have several others that suffer from the same chipping/peeling.

_57.jpg

Oates

AdamOates0004_slide.jpg

Shanahan

26771.jpg

Pic of layered name

25474.jpg

$_57.JPG

So I just grabbed one of these and can't figure out who to put on it. From my research so far they wore it 3 seasons from 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013.

I am having a hard time finding photos of who wore this and so far am stuck between Colin McDonald (who was the captain) and Nino Niederreiter.

Anyone have any ideas?

Assuming these guys wore it, I'd say Nelson, Hamonic, Strome, and de Haan are solid options, although with the switch from vector to wordmark in those years it may be limited by that if you happen to prefer accuracy

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a wordmark Manitoba Moose Green jersey from Jeremy (NYIJM29) and while it's on it's way I'm trying to decide to put on it.

Challenge is that they never wore them on the ice with the wordmark. I'm guessing like the batch of wordmark thrashers jerseys my beer league team uses, that this jersey was made for the moose before they knew they were going to St Johns.

I was thinking I could do almost any player because no matter who I put on it's technically a foul.

If I go that route I could do

1) Bourdon

2) Rypien

3) Hodgson

4) Keane

5) Mathieu Schneider (??? I know! He played 8 games in 2009-10)

If I go Kesler or Burrows it would be worse because I don't think they ever wore edge 2.0 jerseys.

Enjoy it, Duncan! That's why I decided to sell -- loved the font, but didnt care enough about the players to get it customized!

I was leaning towards Lack, Tambellini, Rypien, or Hodgson

Bought an authentic Rangers Stadium Series from JB. Sending it out from NHL store to have it done (have some store credit there).

Choices are Nash, Zuccarello (scored in all three games), Staal (long-serving alternate) and Lundqvist (Rangers MVP and 1st star in 2 games).

Hestitant about Zuccarello and Staal since they aren't signed long-term

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.

Edited by Zeshy25

I'm of the opinion that contract term shouldn't necessarily matter if you love the player. If I had one I would personally go with Zuccarello because he's my favorite and he had a memorable game. This picture alone will forever be burned into my memory.

rangers_devils.jpg

If you're that hesitant you can never go wrong with Lundqvist. I wouldn't do Nash. Sure he's playing good now, but he wasn't anything particularly special in those games.

I think you really only need to worry about a player's future with the team if the jersey is more than just a one-time jersey.

You won't see the Rangers wearing that jersey anymore. I'd be fine with Zuccarello.

When i get my first authentic (hawks), who should i put on it? I have only premiers: a home - toews, a new wc - kane, and a third - toews. I dont like the thin material and the super baggy arms on the wc. The third got airbag burns on the arm from a car accident i was in 2 years ago. I dont like it anymore anyway as its far outdated. So the one i wear consistently is the home toews. Since its a premier i wouldnt mind putting toews on the authentic (home) when i get it.

I plan to wear the authentic at my house and friends houses for games. The premier for games I watch at bars or live.

Edited by scarchelli

fms74i.jpg

I feel like its tricky because its a Starter and I'm guessing Starter was relevant from 94-98?
Top 3 so far:

Sykora
Holik
Mogilny (even though he came later)

Edited by Devil91

The Devils never wore Starter jerseys, and since their jersey design didn't vary much anyway during that general time period, I think most would say you could basically put anyone on it from the early 90's to the end of the decade without it being considered a foul.

Yes, Starter made the on-ice jerseys for something like 10 teams between 1995-99. But they made a lot of replicas, including those teams for whom they did not make game jerseys.

I'm still having a tough time deciding on who to put on my hawks winter classic jersey. I was hoping someone would have had a big game to help my decision. I was thinking maybe car bomb just to be out there, man I wish they would have let him and wilson drop the mitts

I just picked up a salmon red Canucks third replica which they used in the 1995-96 and 1996-97 seasons. There are actually a lot of good players to choose from so I am finding it hard.

I have narrowed down my options to:

#89 Alex Mogilny

#16 Trevor Linden with C

#19 Markus Naslund

#29 Gino Odjik

#1 Kirk McLean

#23 Martin Gelinas with A

I am leaning towards Naslund but he was only coming into his own then and thus might be a bit obscure. Thoughts? Other options?