Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

3 things.

1) If you go with him, its spelled Odjick with a c in there. Dont want a foul!

2) I have the exact match nameplate when you decide to do it! (Shameless self promoting)

3) Ive owned the gamers of 4 of those on the list (Naslund, Linden, Mclean and Mogilny) so let me know if you want help with specs and such. I personally would do something unique. Mogilny had both years wearing it and had it with and without the alternate "A". Most people have the non "A" version which would make yours stand out.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Starter made the on-ice jerseys for something like 10 teams between 1995-99. But they made a lot of replicas, including those teams for whom they did not make game jerseys.

When you say "replicas", would that only include lower end jerseys (i.e., the Premiers of their day), or does that also include the high end authentics with fight strap, double elbows, etc.? Sorry if this is a bit elementary; I'm not very well versed in the pre-CCM/Koho split of the early 2000s.

Yes, I did mean "lower end" relative to the on-ice jerseys, but Starter replicas were of very good quality- they had double elbows and stitched crests and patches- features usually only seen on authentics. They were way better than the Reebok Premiers, which are crap in comparison.

I just picked up a salmon red Canucks third replica which they used in the 1995-96 and 1996-97 seasons. There are actually a lot of good players to choose from so I am finding it hard.

I have narrowed down my options to:

#89 Alex Mogilny

#16 Trevor Linden with C

#19 Markus Naslund

#29 Gino Odjik

#1 Kirk McLean

#23 Martin Gelinas with A

I am leaning towards Naslund but he was only coming into his own then and thus might be a bit obscure. Thoughts? Other options?

I have decided to go with Naslund. However, an interesting conundrum comes up here. He wore this style with both #22 as a rookie and #19 later. Should I go with his well known number or a really cool obscure rookie number?

Gamer from 1996-97 season

10681644_10205078726672532_1641369693_n.

Naslund as a rookie with #22

nov2310_96Naslund03_b_slide.jpg

5247-1226100Fr.jpg

I am still leaning towards 19 though but the 22 option is intriguing.

95-99 Devils red. I've narrowed it down to Brodeur, Niedermayer or Stevens, but I'm open to all suggestions. It'll most likely end up customized as a '95 SCF jersey.

As a Devils fan, I have one of each. It's a hard choice between the three, but fortunately, you can't go wrong with any of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Starter Coyotes size 60-G

My dilemma is whether to go with a goalie (Khabibulin, most likely), or to go with a player who wore goalie cut shirts (Tkachuk, who wore a 58-G).

GOALIES ONLY!!

If I had won that shirt, I would have went with Khabibulin (or Burke, but I don't think he was still there during the Koho era).

I've got a Starter Coyotes size 60-G

My dilemma is whether to go with a goalie (Khabibulin, most likely), or to go with a player who wore goalie cut shirts (Tkachuk, who wore a 58-G).

Lucky, I almost had a size 60 that was selling on ebay but got caught up in work and someone bought it. Now I roam the deserts of Arizona hoping for some luck in finding one :( Edited by architecht13

I have a white 'Yotes authentic CCM that I am going to customize. Perhaps a Jimmy Waite...

I'm becoming more sad :(

Lucky, I almost had a size 60 that was selling on ebay but got caught up in work and someone bought it. Now I roam the deserts of Arizona hoping for some luck in finding one :(

Are you looking for a regular 60 or a 60 goalie cut?

I may have a lead on a regular 60 alternate style, but I think it has Koho tagging (2000-04).

Are you looking for a regular 60 or a 60 goalie cut?

I may have a lead on a regular 60 alternate style, but I think it has Koho tagging (2000-04).

While I normally wear a 60 GC in the CCM/KOHO, standard 60 only has the less baggy sleeves, right?

How you guys find treasure is beyond me!

That price tag just screams GreenJofaPracticeJersey.

But without the stupidity.

Guest Dr_Puck

I'm vexed on getting a black Stars jersey customized. On the one hand, I was thinking Erik Cole since he's originally from upstate NY and I'm making a big push in that area. On the other, I was thinking about Reilly Smith since he currently plays for my favorite team. Decisions, decisions.

I just won a 97-00 navy Canucks. I have two decisions to make. The first is whether to make it a 97-98 with the ASG patch or a 99-00 with the NHL2000 patch. Then, once I've settled that, I'm not sure who to get on it. I feel like I should avoid Messier, since he wasn't all that warmly received in Vancouver.

Is it still possible to get a kit for this jersey? Picture isn't mine but I have a KOHO wanted to get a kit for. Undecided on player, looks like I can pick from 03-07? Thinking maybe Kovy, Kozlov or Heatley

mdieFyaLvAsHzpgeNFpuEfg.jpg

Dunno about kits but don't get Kovalchuk. Don't get a guy who abandoned his team because he's a greedy idiot. The khl is going bankrupt incase you weren't aware. What goes around, comes around.

Dunno about kits but don't get Kovalchuk. Don't get a guy who abandoned his team because he's a greedy idiot. The khl is going bankrupt incase you weren't aware. What goes around, comes around.

Yeah screw that guy!!!!