Jump to content
walzthewarrior

Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

Recommended Posts

Thanks to eBay and an off-eBay transaction from JB, I've got a Koho blue Islanders and a Koho blue Oilers (both replicas) and TI 6100 road Bruins and Flames. The Flames will be getting the 25th anniversary patch added. I'm leaning towards Kiprusoff or Iginla for the Flames, but I'm unsure about the other three. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2016 at 4:02 PM, TheKevinShow said:

Thanks to eBay and an off-eBay transaction from JB, I've got a Koho blue Islanders and a Koho blue Oilers (both replicas) and TI 6100 road Bruins and Flames. The Flames will be getting the 25th anniversary patch added. I'm leaning towards Kiprusoff or Iginla for the Flames, but I'm unsure about the other three. 

For the Islanders, I would go Peca or Yashin myself.

For the Oilers, Doug Weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two white Fisherman Islanders jersey I am going to have Cutting Edge customize for me.  I know one will am going to get is a #68 Palffy.  What should the other be.  I am not sure I am going to keep both of them for sure (I will definitely keep the #68 Palffy regardless).  What would be my best choice for the second jersey, especially if I decide to sell/trade the other one.  Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I have two white Fisherman Islanders jersey I am going to have Cutting Edge customize for me.  I know one will am going to get is a #68 Palffy.  What should the other be.  I am not sure I am going to keep both of them for sure (I will definitely keep the #68 Palffy regardless).  What would be my best choice for the second jersey, especially if I decide to sell/trade the other one.  Any suggestions?

Kasparaitis. That's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a diehard Canucks fan, I'd go bertuzzi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, I just did the math and out of 68 non-GW jerseys, only 19 have I decided on a customization for or have customization already.

However, I can narrow that down a bit right now:

  • 2003-04 Mighty Ducks alternate: I think that I've narrowed it down to Sykora, Lupul and Niedermayer.
  • 1992-96 Penguins home and road: Jagr is going to be on one of them. I just haven't decided which.
  • 2000-04 Thrashers home and road: Should I start a F***in' All-Star collection and get both as Heatleys? If I do that, I've also got a 6100 Sens alternate that I can put him on.
  • 2003-04 Canucks alternate and home vintage alternate: Should I get the Sedins on these and save Naslund/Linden for when I get the home and road, or should I do it the other way around? Either way, some combination of those four players will be going on those four jerseys when I have all four.

Furthermore, the white Rangers jersey will be a 1994 SCF jersey, while one of the two Rangers Kohos will have the 2000-01 75th anniversary patch, and the Flames Reebok will have the 2005-06 25th anniversary patch.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2016 at 7:02 PM, TheKevinShow said:

Ugh, I just did the math and out of 68 non-GW jerseys, only 19 have I decided on a customization for or have customization already.

However, I can narrow that down a bit right now:

  • 2003-04 Mighty Ducks alternate: I think that I've narrowed it down to Sykora, Lupul and Niedermayer.
  • 1992-96 Penguins home and road: Jagr is going to be on one of them. I just haven't decided which.
  • 2000-04 Thrashers home and road: Should I start a F***in' All-Star collection and get both as Heatleys? If I do that, I've also got a 6100 Sens alternate that I can put him on.
  • 2003-04 Canucks alternate and home vintage alternate: Should I get the Sedins on these and save Naslund/Linden for when I get the home and road, or should I do it the other way around? Either way, some combination of those four players will be going on those four jerseys when I have all four.

Furthermore, the white Rangers jersey will be a 1994 SCF jersey, while one of the two Rangers Kohos will have the 2000-01 75th anniversary patch, and the Flames Reebok will have the 2005-06 25th anniversary patch.

Whew! Quite a collection there from the sound of it.

At the very least, I would personally go with one Kovalchuk, one Heatley in Thrashers and honestly Heatley as well for the Sens! Definitely want to pick up a Heatley jersey at some point myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between Meigray and that big bunch on eBay, there are a lot of Stars jerseys out there. Since it sounds like you're on the fence, I'd probably just try to negotiate or wait for a better price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of MeiGray, what's the deal with the blank jerseys they've recently added to clearance? Are they TIs or stripped GIs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Speaking of MeiGray, what's the deal with the blank jerseys they've recently added to clearance? Are they TIs or stripped GIs?

Yup, the ones that are new are just TI. Still a great deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, the ones that are new are just TI. Still a great deal. 

And what about the partially stripped ones? Are those GI? As I've mentioned before, I want to get one of the NOBR Mighty Ducks to make it a Kariya, but it's going to be weird to me if it's got a MeiGray tag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take the meigray tag out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Take the meigray tag out?

That just doesn't seem right to me. Even if it was made for some no-name scrub for only one preseason game, I just don't feel right messing up the jersey like that. I would never strip a GW or GI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the ones that say "This jersey is being sold "as-is." No LOA will accompany this jersey." even tagged? I swear I don't see any on a few that I picked at random, but maybe they just don't show up in the picture.

That said, if you don't feel right altering a TI or GI, you'll have to stick to blanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are the ones that say "This jersey is being sold "as-is." No LOA will accompany this jersey." even tagged? I swear I don't see any on a few that I picked at random, but maybe they just don't show up in the picture.

I asked about it on their Facebook page, so I'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

 I would never strip a GW or GI.

I strip GI's all the time. And I am stripping two of the Devils clearance jerseys also, though one is NWT. 

I usually don't bother taking the Meigray tag out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

That just doesn't seem right to me. Even if it was made for some no-name scrub for only one preseason game, I just don't feel right messing up the jersey like that. I would never strip a GW or GI.

Why? Who cares what about the jersey of some scrap heap training camp player that never makes the team? Those are made to be stripped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't really explain it. It's just a personal preference of mine. I won't begrudge anyone who does it.

That being said, they just confirmed that they aren't tagged. That's a green light for me. Hopefully that NOBR Mighty Ducks is still around by next Saturday. Then it's just a matter of finding a CCM neck logo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I can't really explain it. 

Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

In my never ending strip job (insert mfitz joke here), the last thing I must do is remove the Meigray group tag. My only issue is that the tag looks really attached. I would rather remove the tag in case I flip the new version, I don't want someone trying to use the tag as proof that it's a gamer.

I didn't think anyone ACTUALLY paid for a doctorate that way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem, can't disappoint my audience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it is right to strip a game worn jersey, no matter who it is. It's someones history, however stripping a GI is fine as it wasn't worn in a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

I don't think it is right to strip a game worn jersey, no matter who it is. It's someones history, however stripping a GI is fine as it wasn't worn in a game. 

I agree.  A GI wasn't necessarily even worn by anyone at any time.  It probably sat in an equipment locker all its life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...