Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

6 minutes ago, lafountain said:

Nah, as a Kovalchuk fan, it is an easy choice for me as well.  

Edit: Didn't pay attention and realized I was replying to a post from September, oops.

And I see Mfitz is a Devils fan, completely understand the dislike of Kovalchuk in that case.

Yup. Plenty of Devils fans try the whole “he did us a favor with that contract” deal, but they’re lying to themselves. Went from a SCF to missing the playoffs annually.  Do not like. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figured this would be the best place to put this without creating a new listing.  I am trying to create Zarley Zalapski jersey since it will be extremely hard to find and afford all of his game used jerseys I used to have.  I was hoping some collectors out there can help me out to recreate some if his jerseys.  

At the start of the 1998-99 season, ZZ signed with the New York Rangers, but was the last cut made before the season started. Does anyone know what number he used during that preseason?

As situation, 1999-2000 season, ZZ was with the Tampa Bay Lightning during the preseason. He was in camp from only 9/2/99 - 9/13/99.  Does anyone know what number he wore with the Lightning. I did hear a rumor that his game used jersey is floating around somewhere, but I have never seen it.

Thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...

So I picked up this Devils ultrafil with this tag on it. Now correct me if I am wrong but this tag was used in the mid-late 90s by CCM? By the research in the Devils ultrafil/airknit thread it looks like Devils switched to Airknit in '95 SCF. This leads me to believe this would be from 95-96 as a left over from the prior years and retagged. Would it be a foul to put Lemieux on this one even though he was traded the offseason before or is it not even possible to make a 100% accurate jersey out of this one since they switched to airknit by the time this tag came out?  If not Lemiuex, then probably Daneyko.

49721693571_c513e1f8f7_n.jpg

I believe you are correct, and I would be comfortable doing any player from the 1995 team on that one. Lemieux is fine in my opinion, Daneyko too. 

I have not had an Ultrafil with that tagging on it but definitely have seen the CCM big block airknits with it. 

Edited by slimcutta

1 hour ago, Crash Line said:

This leads me to believe this would be from 95-96 as a left over from the prior years and retagged. Would it be a foul to put Lemieux on this one even though he was traded the offseason before or is it not even possible to make a 100% accurate jersey out of this one...

If I’m not mistaken, the “Hockey Company” tag did not appear on CCM jerseys until 1997.  So I think you may be right about the ultrafil being a leftover with the newer tagging applied.  I would just treat it as a regular ultrafil and put on any player who wore an ultrafil, including Lemieux.  The gamers didn’t have that tag, or even the Center Ice tag, so I personally think the tags are irrelevant here. In fact, you could even pull them off if they bother you that much.

7 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

If I’m not mistaken, the “Hockey Company” tag did not appear on CCM jerseys until 1997.  So I think you may be right about the ultrafil being a leftover with the newer tagging applied.  I would just treat it as a regular ultrafil and put on any player who wore an ultrafil, including Lemieux.  The gamers didn’t have that tag, or even the Center Ice tag, so I personally think the tags are irrelevant here. In fact, you could even pull them off if they bother you that much.

Valid point. Just pick a guy who wire Ultrafil. Lemieux works. I never really liked the guy myself, but his contributions were undeniable. 

37 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Im with you. Will leave the tags on since, if I ever want to move it, it would be easier. Appreciate the input

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Valid point. Just pick a guy who wire Ultrafil. Lemieux works. I never really liked the guy myself, but his contributions were undeniable. 

The way Lemiuex forced his way out after '95 definitely leaves a sour taste but his early 90s production combined with '95 playoffs made me a fan. Think I will go with my first instinct and make it a Lemieux and leave Daneyko for another project.

23 minutes ago, Crash Line said:

The way Lemiuex forced his way out after '95 definitely leaves a sour taste but his early 90s production combined with '95 playoffs made me a fan. Think I will go with my first instinct and make it a Lemieux and leave Daneyko for another project.

That’s a good way to summarize it. 

You have a good plan, I say go with it. I happen to have an Ultrafil at EPS getting done as a Daneyko so I’m clearly biased lol. 

When my order comes back I will have one jersey from each player whose number was retired, and one from each Cup Finals. I plan on a home and road from each finals in time. The older jerseys have gotten even harder to find in the last year or two. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The older jerseys have gotten even harder to find in the last year or two. 

Unless you know a guy 😎

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s a good way to summarize it. 

You have a good plan, I say go with it. I happen to have an Ultrafil at EPS getting done as a Daneyko so I’m clearly biased lol. 

When my order comes back I will have one jersey from each player whose number was retired, and one from each Cup Finals. I plan on a home and road from each finals in time. The older jerseys have gotten even harder to find in the last year or two. 

My plans arent anything that extensive. Just the 5 retired in a desirable jersey. I currently have all 5 but will move one out when I find a better jersey.

My ideal lineup is:

Niedermayer Christmas rookie (Have home version and I am good with that); Stevens 2000 Pro Player SCF; Brodeur '95 SCF (own it); Daneyko Away Christmas; Elias Reebok 6100 with 25th path and C. All in a 48

53 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Unless you know a guy 😎

Very true lol. 

44 minutes ago, Crash Line said:

My ideal lineup is:

Niedermayer Christmas rookie (Have home version and I am good with that); Stevens 2000 Pro Player SCF; Brodeur '95 SCF (own it); Daneyko Away Christmas; Elias Reebok 6100 with 25th path and C. All in a 48

I have none of those! My retired jerseys are:

2000 SCF ProPlayer Red Niedermayer, White Elias

2003 SCF Koho Red Stevens

Red Ultrafil Daneyko

Edge 2.0 Goalie Cut White Brodeur

There have been quite a few 48’s on eBay in the last few months...

Man, I am having a tough time find a Pro Players. Nice getting 2.

2 hours ago, Crash Line said:

Man, I am having a tough time find a Pro Players. Nice getting 2.

I’ve had them for years. Definitely have to be in the right place at the right time. The white one was a pre-customized retail jersey with awful customizing, I stripped it and re-did it. The red was a team issue and has been stripped multiple times but still looks good, you can hardly tell. 

If I see any 48’s in my travels I will let you know!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a TI Caps jersey I posted over on the it arrived thread. I am trying to thing who to get. It has a born on date of March 09 so I want a player around the 09-10 seasons. Here is who I am down to.

Jose Theodore

John Carlson

Boyd Gordon

Tomas Fleischmann

Tom Poti

Chris Clark

Brooks Laich

Sergei Fedorov

4 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

You can’t go wrong with Hart trophy winner...Jose Theodore jk. 

Fedorov would be my pick. 

It's such a hard choice, all those guys were my favorites from those years. Luckily I have a long time to figure out who I want as I usually ship my jerseys to EPS via the Caps practice facility team shop. I've noticed it does come back a bit quicker when I do that.

3 hours ago, 1290ArtVandelay5274 said:

Just got a TI Caps jersey I posted over on the it arrived thread. I am trying to thing who to get. It has a born on date of March 09 so I want a player around the 09-10 seasons. Here is who I am down to.

Jose Theodore

John Carlson

Boyd Gordon

Tomas Fleischmann

Tom Poti

Chris Clark

Brooks Laich

Sergei Fedorov

I'd go Gordon, Fleischmann, Clark w/C, or Fedorov.  But everybody has their own biases.  Can't go wrong in any direction.

Got a couple I could use a thought on:

Atlanta Thrashers 2008-11 red alternate - A lot of good options: Kovalchuk with a 'C,' Kozlov, Byfuglien, but leaning toward Wheeler.

Also, getting an Ovechkin black rookie year jersey done. Would you guys put the Katrina Relief patch on it or leave it blank? (I guess an 'A' would be an option if I wanted it as a sophomore year jersey).

Thanks all!

12 hours ago, nitrokubie89 said:

Atlanta Thrashers 2008-11 red alternate - A lot of good options: Kovalchuk with a 'C,' Kozlov, Byfuglien, but leaning toward Wheeler.

Also, getting an Ovechkin black rookie year jersey done. Would you guys put the Katrina Relief patch on it or leave it blank? (I guess an 'A' would be an option if I wanted it as a sophomore year jersey).

Thanks all!

Personally, I don't like putting one game used patches on jerseys unless it is for a special circumstance. In this case, however, since it was Ovechkin's first period of the first game, I don't see an issue. Keep in mind, he didnt score his first goal with the patch. If it was mine, I would probably keep it blank. Definitely would not put the A on it.

16 hours ago, nitrokubie89 said:

Thanks all!

What about Rich Peverley for Atlanta?

2 hours ago, 1290ArtVandelay5274 said:

What about Rich Peverley for Atlanta?

There ya go. Many good choices!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 10:59 AM, spudrock512 said:

I figured this would be the best place to put this without creating a new listing.  I am trying to create Zarley Zalapski jersey since it will be extremely hard to find and afford all of his game used jerseys I used to have.  I was hoping some collectors out there can help me out to recreate some if his jerseys.  

At the start of the 1998-99 season, ZZ signed with the New York Rangers, but was the last cut made before the season started. Does anyone know what number he used during that preseason?

Same situation, 1999-2000 season, ZZ was with the Tampa Bay Lightning during the preseason. He was in camp from only 9/2/99 - 9/13/99.  Does anyone know what number he wore with the Lightning. I did hear a rumor that his game used jersey is floating around somewhere, but I have never seen it.

Thanks for any help!

I am still looking for help with these.  I have found a proper Starter Rangers Jersey, but I am still having trouble finding the number ZZ wore during the preseason.  I would think it would be #3 because it was not retired at that time, and Marc Savard had #33.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

I am still looking for help with these.  I have found a proper Starter Rangers Jersey, but I am still having trouble finding the number ZZ wore during the preseason.  I would think it would be #3 because it was not retired at that time, and Marc Savard had #33.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know Stan Neckar wore #3 that season but I think he was traded to the Rangers in the middle of the season so that wouldn’t help. Possible suggestion is that the preseason roster with player numbers be in that seasons yearbook?  I got rid of my yearbooks otherwise I’d check. There’s one for sale on eBay for like $14 but it might be a leap of faith that it would be in there. 

Edited by Schlepprock32

So I have a red CCM 550 Caps jersey I am planning to send to North Star Jerseys. Who should I get?

Mike Gartner 

Rod Langway with the 75th patch

Alan May with the 75th patch

or

Craig Laughlin

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 8:36 AM, 1290ArtVandelay5274 said:

So I have a red CCM 550 Caps jersey I am planning to send to North Star Jerseys. Who should I get?

Mike Gartner 

Rod Langway with the 75th patch

Alan May with the 75th patch

or

Craig Laughlin

Langway 75th Patch

-----------------------------------------

I have an 00-04 CCM NYI. I am 75% sure I want to get Vanbiesbrouck on it, but am considering Chara (have a Bruins gamer, so I do not really need another Chara in the collection), Roman Hamrlik, or Craig Berube (yes, he was an Islander for 38 games).