Check this out...my birthday...card/poster.

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Unfortunately having absolutely no money has hindered my jersey purchases, but I did get this gem from my girlfriend:

HPIM2256.jpg

Considering she knows almost nothing about jerseys except who I like, this is freakin' impressive. Every color is a hand cut layer. She must have gone on eBay or something to find reference pictures, since she put the vector logo on the sleeves haha, but to be honest it blew away. She even made sure to use the old style for LeClair.

The Selanne is the best. She knew I liked him but forgot his name, so literally went through the ABC listings on NHL.com. Mind you Selanne begins with an S...which happens to be a later letter haha.

I mean, I don't know I think it's the coolest thing anyone's done for me, and shows that jerseys have kind of become an identifying trait for me. It's also cool to see my girlfriend doing research on one of my hobbies to make it as right as she can, and also shows she has some interest in it. BTW the thing is a beast...it's a full sheet of poster board.

Oh, and it totally adds up. How cool is that?

i like it. what a great B-day card. i like how she searched alphabetically for the name. that's devotion right there. you might wanna keep her.

Edited by Craw

Wow! That is so cool! That is true dedication right there as well! Happy Birthday to you! Have a great one with her. You have a keeper. :):thumbsup:

That is absolutely awesome!! Happy Birthday too

That looks very nice!! :thumbsup:

Dude she got the font on the names all wrong. And those are clearly RBK premiers <_<

In all seriousness though, thats pretty awesome and shes quite the artist!

Nice...but no Therien jersey :lol:

Seriously, you are very lucky to have someone who supports the hobby.

That is great. Just goes to show the best gifts do not have to cost a lot of money. Happy Birthday to you and :thumbsup: to your gal. That really looks like a labor of love.

The LeClair looks like it could be a fake!

Seriously tho, that thing is badass man. She sounds like a keeper for sure, hope it was a great birthday.

She is one cool girl to spend the time making something so dedicated to what you love...definitely a keeper, hope you had a great birthday :thumbsup:

Thats by far one of the coolest things I have ever seen! You definitely have yourself a keeper there!

And a happy birthday to ya!

Very clever and thoughtful of her. :thumbsup:

I checked the poster out a little more....Those tickets are pretty darn good as well....I'll bet the barcodes will even work at Wells Fargo Center! Now we all know where your seats are! You are a lucky guy and like I always say...One need not have a lot of money to be truly wealthy!

That's awesome. Attention to detail with the LeClair was rather impressive. You're a lucky dude.

Does she have a sister? :P

I'm jealous...Seriously...

My girl still still owes me a B-day Marc Staal jersey from last year...I'd much rather this to be honest..

I don't think the LeClair has a nameplate. :lol:

Very cool on her part, greatest gift of all is that she supports you in this crazy and expensive hobby. Congrats on landing a keeper.

Haha thanks guys, I was just really proud of it. She's definitely a keeper...the dedication that took is kind of overwhelming. I'll let her know that you guys approve as well! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.