Playoffs 2011

OR68

Series ain't over til someone wins 4. I would assume after your first round matchup you would know this by now.

After watching Games 3 and 4 in Nashville, I didn't realize how NASTY their fans are. Yelling at Luongo, etc. Man, I thought for sure southerners were friendly and hospitable to visiting teams, even if it is the playoffs.

GO CANUCKS GO! :D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Games 3 and 4 in Nashville, I didn't realize how NASTY their fans are. Yelling at Luongo, etc. Man, I thought for sure southerners were friendly and hospitable to visiting teams, even if it is the playoffs.

GO CANUCKS GO! :D

One of the most obnoxious fanbases I've found out there is that of the Vancouver Canucks. Fans are, by definition, homers, but they tend to take it to a whole nother level. That is just glossing over everyone though, when really person by person there are probably some decent Nucks fans out there. I just seem to always come across the bad apples.

One of the most obnoxious fanbases I've found out there is that of the Vancouver Canucks. Fans are, by definition, homers, but they tend to take it to a whole nother level. That is just glossing over everyone though, when really person by person there are probably some decent Nucks fans out there. I just seem to always come across the bad apples.

Well if you're going to make THAT statement, then it's fair to say EVERY fan base has its share of bad apples. I brought up Nashville's fan base because I don't watch Predators games nearly at all and I've never experienced watching a game in Nashville. I thought for sure they would be like Panthers or Lightning fans, who generally aren't rude and don't scream at the other team during the game. But I guess I was wrong.

Nashville isn't half the team Chicago is when it comes to comebacks. They can't score their way out of a hole like the Hawks did.

As for Canucks fans, I will never defend them. I deal with them almost everyday and I'd say 95% of them know nothing about hockey and have gotten far to cocky about a team without a real measure of any success. The bandwagon fills up and empties with every win or loss. It's unbelievable. I want to punch so many of them right in their uneducated mouths.

Nashville isn't half the team Chicago is when it comes to comebacks. They can't score their way out of a hole like the Hawks did.

As for Canucks fans, I will never defend them. I deal with them almost everyday and I'd say 95% of them know nothing about hockey and have gotten far to cocky about a team without a real measure of any success. The bandwagon fills up and empties with every win or loss. It's unbelievable. I want to punch so many of them right in their uneducated mouths.

Its like that with every team. Iv been to Philly a handful of times to watch games during the regular season. I usually save time so I can walk around the city and explore. Iv seen maybe a person wearing a hat here and there and the stores will have about a quarter of Flyers apparel as compared to the Phillies and Eagles (which is expected)

I made a trip down for the finals last year and went to game 4. Walking around the city, everyone was wearing something Flyers related. I know its makes sense because its the finals, but just the way people were talking like they have been fans for years, it just drives you insane!

If you were talking about me being one of them I'm not. I was just mentioning the fact that EA Sports predicts the outcome of the playoffs every year and was right about the outcome 2 years in a row. Yet Nashville is a great team and have a great goaltender and will probably be a very successful team if not now then in the future. As for Canucks fans they can be very cocky at times. I have friends at school who were probably bandwagoners said hours before game 7 against the Blackhawks gave up and said that Chicago was going to win but I said they will pull it off.

If you were talking about me being one of them I'm not. I was just mentioning the fact that EA Sports predicts the outcome of the playoffs every year and was right about the outcome 2 years in a row. Yet Nashville is a great team and have a great goaltender and will probably be a very successful team if not now then in the future. As for Canucks fans they can be very cocky at times. I have friends at school who were probably bandwagoners said hours before game 7 against the Blackhawks gave up and said that Chicago was going to win but I said they will pull it off.

No no, not about you at all. I hadn't even seen your post to be honest. :unsure:

From how you've conducted yourself on the board I'm fairly certain you aren't the fan type I'm referring to. :thumbsup:

No no, not about you at all. I hadn't even seen your post to be honest. :unsure:

From how you've conducted yourself on the board I'm fairly certain you aren't the fan type I'm referring to. :thumbsup:

Ok that's cool then. :thumbsup: Lets hope the Canucks can pull off a win tomorrow night. Although every team has a bad bunch of fans whether it's big or small.

True about the Preds. They have struggled to score in the series with Vancouver. I know they scored 4 goals last night. But they have put up no MORE than 2 all the other games. Unfortunately, that's what you get with a "defense first" hockey team. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but come playoff time, teams MUST find a way to score goals. The Penguins were a similar team this year in the playoffs. They could play GREAT defensive hockey, but they did not score more than 3 goals in any game in their series with Tampa, which is why they lost.

Also, I don't really believe Nashville really has a go to player. SI raved in their issue this week how good Nashville is in terms of balanced scoring. Yeah that can work in the regular season, but in the playoffs you also NEED a couple guys who will come up big.

Couple these two points I made and this is why IMO the Preds won't beat the Canucks in this series.

As for your comments about bandwagon fans, I agree. Any time ANY team starts playing well or wins something, there's going to be jumpers. Most of the time these people know NOTHING about the team or hockey in general. <_< In general, I don't think one can defend fanbases, even the really nasty ones. I think part of what makes a fan is what kind of person they are in REAL life - how they treat others, their family, etc. So chances are rude, illegitimate human beings are pretty nasty hockey fans, or sports fans in general.

I hope the wings can finish the job...I would truly love to see modano go out a winner if anything.

I hope the wings can finish the job...I would truly love to see modano go out a winner if anything.

:thumbsup: Modano/Lidstrom or Roli and I will be happy

At this point I really don't *********ing care who goes to the Final OR wins. :glare: I just want to see some good hockey. Tomorrow night should live up to that billing. :stickhndl: Niemi better bring his A+ game or the Sharks will be done on their home ice.

So I know in years past when a Canadian team makes it to the Conference Finals and the Cup Finals, pretty much the entire Country of Canada supports them. Has the Country of Canada started to morph into Canuck fans now that they are in the WCF?

TB in 6 over Bos

SJ in 5 over Van....Yes, SJ will upset Vancouver in 5

I hope your streak continues. So far the teams you've picked to beat Vancouver have all lost.

I hope your streak continues. So far the teams you've picked to beat Vancouver have all lost.

I know lol. I am bound to be correct though, right? <_<

My strategy has always been go with the underdog because everyone is predicting the favorite, so I look smart when the underdog wins :D

• 2 weeks later...

VANCOUVER VS BOSTON FOR 'OL LORD STANLEY!!! WOOT!!

NYIJM29, can please just post that you predict Boston will win. Even if you don't believe it, the post is all that matters. :thumbsup:

NYIJM29, can please just post that you predict Boston will win. Even if you don't believe it, the post is all that matters. :thumbsup:

Funny you posted that, I just came on to post:

Sorry Shenanigans, I think Vancouver will win due to the fact they hosted the Olympics last season, though I prefer Boston (Thomas, Chara) to win the SC.

We all know Boston is going to win because of Greg Campbell. The refs' jobs are on the line here...wouldn't want to upset Colin :thumbsup: