Playoffs 2011

OR68

Tampa Bay continues to impress me. I would love to see Roli hoist the Cup. The guy deserves it. Nobody works harder than him. I unfortunately missed the game due to my 7 pm to 10 pm nap, but I am watching the Wings-Sharks.

Wings over Sharks in 6

Predators over Canucks in 7

Bolts over Caps in 6

Flyers over Bruins in 7

To hell with that. Not again.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice that the California teams have worn nothing but their thirds at home thus far in the playoffs? Strange.

Go Wings.

I can't speak for the other teams, but I know last year for the Kings the players chose

to wear the alternates for their home games.

I am guessing the same thing happened this year.

They should've picked the vintage jerseys.

Pekka Rinne stood on his ear! Great game! I am glad the Preds won!

I only saw the first 2 periods. Solid defensive game by both teams. I think Nashville is forcing Vancouver to play a defensive style of hockey in this series. Because of that, they were able to win Game 2. Canucks escaped Game 1 with a W. If that series keeps its low scoring, then it's advantage Nashville. Vancouver will greatly benefit if it can try and run up and down the ice with Nashville. Nonetheless, interesting series. :D

I only saw the first 2 periods. Solid defensive game by both teams. I think Nashville is forcing Vancouver to play a defensive style of hockey in this series. Because of that, they were able to win Game 2. Canucks escaped Game 1 with a W. If that series keeps its low scoring, then it's advantage Nashville. Vancouver will greatly benefit if it can try and run up and down the ice with Nashville. Nonetheless, interesting series. :D

Rinne made about 3 or 4 game saving-saves in the OTs. I was extremely impressed by him. I really like Nashville's defense. You are correct...if it is a low scoring series, Nashville will have the edge. Luongo let up an extremely soft goal. Ryan Suter's goal was from behind the red goal/icing line and it went of Luongo's left skate with about a minute left.

Man, did you watch game 1? Canucks didn't escape with a win, Rinne kept Nashville in it for the entire game despite no one else showing up for the game besides him. Somewhat the other way around in terms of number of shots (not chances) for game 2 until overtime. Then Rinne pretty much stole the show again.

Gonna be a long and rather boring series I'm guessing. Two vezina candidates in net with deep defense cores on both ends, going to be lowwwww scoringgggg

Man, did you watch game 1? Canucks didn't escape with a win, Rinne kept Nashville in it for the entire game despite no one else showing up for the game besides him. Somewhat the other way around in terms of number of shots (not chances) for game 2 until overtime. Then Rinne pretty much stole the show again.

Gonna be a long and rather boring series I'm guessing. Two vezina candidates in net with deep defense cores on both ends, going to be lowwwww scoringgggg

Yes sir, I did. You are correct the Canucks kept firing away at Rinne and he only yielded the one goal. But Nashville had its chances too. Had Luongo let up at all, that game likely goes to OT too. I think this series is a good test for the Canucks. They took down Chicago, an offensive oriented team, and now they get Nashville, the complete opposite. IMO it depends on how the Canucks adjust. In my previous post I said that if the Canucks can get Nashville out of their game and play up and down hockey they will be in good position to win. But if they continue these 1-0, 2-1 games, then the series will be much tighter, and will go back and forth. Games 3 and 4 will tell the story.

I have Nashville over Vancouver in 7....I really can see Nashville winning the series. How great will it be to see a Preds-Bolts Final??? (are there any Preds fans on this board?)

Bin Laden and Boudreau in the same week will go down as one of the greatest in the history of DC.

Well at least the Flyers arent going to go down without a fight.

Oh.....wait :check:

Thanks Tampa for FLUSHING THE CrAPS! :D

:thumbsup:

Tampa is that good or Washington is that bad?

Tampa is so deep in scoring. The one thing that upsets me about TB is all of the Isles rejects go there to blossom. Thompson and Bergie in specific. Roli we knew his skill, Brewer it has been too long since he donned an Isles sweater, and I wouldn't touch MAB with a 10-ft pole (he is the aquaman of this Justice League).

Rooting for TB is like rooting for the Isles, so let's go Bolts! (What would happen if they win the Cup in the black jerseys? Kinda weird to win the Cup and then change jerseys)

Man, Tampa is playing some really solid hockey right now. That's seven straight for them. Roloson has that 2006 Oilers look to him right now too. Man, I hope they come out of the East. Eff those other two.

Buncha a******* in this forum. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tampa is that good or Washington is that bad?

Watch the Tampa players without the puck and watch how the Caps players try do the same thing. Night and day and it was 100% down to Tampa having a real hockey coach.

I'm truly sad to see the Caps out of it. I wanted them to go to the finals, after curb-stomping the Flyers in the next round.

To the victor go the spoils - I must now jump on the Bolts bandwagon.

Despite that the Bruins will take care of my need to see the Flyers embarrassed and that the Bruins marketing department is the best in the NHL, I just can't pull myself to root for them to get to the finals.

The Rams changed jerseys the year after winning the Super Bowl. :D

Penguins changed their uniforms after winning back-to-back Cups in 1990-1991 and 1991-1992, remember? From the skating penguin to the robo penguin style.

I think Washington having nearly a week off hurt them. It's not their fault the Rangers really didn't challenge them in Round 1. But Tampa played a more even opponent in Pittsburgh, and they played 7 games, so the Lightning was more in sync for the start of their series with Washington. Roloson was in a groove and he couldn't be disrupted. The Big 3 for Tampa - Lecavlier, Stamkos, and St. Louis - immensely stepped up their game for Round 2. Plus, unlikely goal scorers in Bergenheim and Malone scored when needed. So I wouldn't say "Washington stinks", I think it was more of Tampa elevating their game, rather than Washington collapsing.

I believe Tampa/Boston would be a hell of a series. It could go either way. And based on Thomas's recent performance, if he does not win the Vezina, then there's NO justice in the NHL. I know the other 2 finalists are playing well, but serious, if you stop 52 and then 30+ shots against the Flyers offense, you are doing something right.

You spoke too soon.

As an Isles fan, I would rather see the Bruins make it to the next round than the Flyers :thumbsup: ...Glad I appear to be wrong.

I'm banking on a sweep tomorrow night. The one that should have happened last year; the one that would have prevented the game seven that I went to...

PS. I firmly believe that Nashville is the dark horse of the playoffs. Or, dare I say, the dark predator

trolldad.jpg?1296629358