Is this a jersey foul?

redbeard3569

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to a member on here and I posed a question that I would like to discuss.

I know this isn't hockey, but it is worth discussing for a foul.

Is it a foul to get the name of a mascot on your jersey? The reason I ask this is I am not a Mets fan, but have 2 Mets jerseys. I would like to get one customized by Stitches because Eric is the man and they do the jerseys for the Mets. I have no clue who to get on one/them and figured the only Met that has always been there was Mr. Met. Is it a foul to get a Mr. Met/any mascot jersey?

I have seen Phillie Phanatic jerseys, Sabretooth (Buffalo Sabres), Bailey (LA Kings), the Monarchs' mascot's "gamers" up on the Bay, and Quacker Jack (Long Island Ducks Independent Baseball team) jerseys. Mr. Met and the Phanatic are some of the most iconic mascots in the world and everyone recognizes them.

I am 18, so I probably wouldn't do it, but it would be a nice jersey to have for S & Gs

tbh, i wouldnt. i think that's cheesy. depending on the style of jersey, im sure you can find a unique player to get. if you like mr met, they have some nice hats and tees available out there

regarding the sabretooth sabres ones, in lieu of #s, ive seen a paw print embroidered on, which is ######-chill inducing, imho. ive also seen a rick jeanneret one with a mic on the back

I wouldn't get a Mr. Met. It isn't worth the customization to me lol. Customization should not cost more than the actual jersey IMO.

I have seen the star on the back of the Phanatic done as well as the paw. That what really got me thinking about it.

I have a mascot jersey from the local USHL hockey team here..however it's a "gameworn" jersey, not sure I'd ever get one done up intentionally but it's fun to have:

100_1372.jpg

rusty2.jpg

a few years ago when lavi was coaching the isles, some dude had his name embroidered onto the back of a suit jacket. i saw him at a couple of games at the loliseum

Lavi was the last coach I actually liked. I was extremely pissed when they let him go. DiPietro needs to get off this team (retirement, buyout, waivers, trade, deported--yes, I know he is a product of Americana).

I guess it is okay to have a minor league jersey customized to a mascot, so that means Mr. Met is A-OK :thumbsup:

so that means Mr. Met is A-OK

I know someone who has a Mr. Met jersey, and once every season he puts the Mr. Met jersey on and gets his entire face and head turned into Mr. Met with face paint and goes to the game like that.

I know someone who has a Mr. Met jersey, and once every season he puts the Mr. Met jersey on and gets his entire face and head turned into Mr. Met with face paint and goes to the game like that.

That is some-what funny, I would probably laugh if I saw him at the game.

How much of a foul is it to customize a CCM dark replica jersey from 2000-04, for example a blue NYR Liberty? The dark authentics from that period were by Koho, but considering that CCM and Koho were part of the same company, and that CCM made the white versions of the same jerseys (well, except for the Libertys- maybe I picked a bad example), would that be a foul? We're also assuming, of course, that one customizes the jersey with a player who actually played for that team at that time...

How much of a foul is it to customize a CCM dark replica jersey from 2000-04, for example a blue NYR Liberty? The dark authentics from that period were by Koho, but considering that CCM and Koho were part of the same company, and that CCM made the white versions of the same jerseys (well, except for the Libertys- maybe I picked a bad example), would that be a foul? We're also assuming, of course, that one customizes the jersey with a player who actually played for that team at that time...

If it's a replica I think company-related fouls go out the window.

During that time (2000-04) CCM made the whites and Koho made the darks & 3rds. This applied to both the authentics and the replicas.

Starting in 2005-06 til the Edge came about, all of the replicas were branded CCM while the authentics were RBK.

The CCM/Koho 550 replicas from 2000-04 are the same as the CCM 550 replicas from 2005-07 (baring any team color/style changes) except that in 2005 they dropped the NHL puck logo from the hem.

So unless you're trying to be 100% accurate, I'd say get whatever 550 replica you can get from that era that matches the color/style you want and go for it.

Akteon, thanks for all the info. My blue Liberty must be from 2005-06, then. I was wondering why CCM seemed to make a lot of replicas of jerseys for which they never made authentics. I was thinking of turning this one into a Messier, but it bugged me a little that it wasn't a Koho. I guess I'm just being too detail-conscious, after all it's a replica...

I put this post in the is it good or not thread as well.

I previously got my white Hawks Edge done up with Toews at EPS. As you can see from the first photo the "C" and 2010 Cup Finals patches are within the seams on the front. The next photos show my red Hawks Edge that I got done up with Sharp, which I just got back from TTS. The "A" and Cup Finals patch go over the seam. Foul or no big deal?

Finally, TTS used a air knit nameplate on the back for the red jersey. While no photo included my white Toews has an Edge material nameplate. I know the red is wrong but is this a small thing since they are close or a big issue?

Thanks.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=4c68e9d24a&view=att&th=130bec75fe0aa9aa&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gp95ch1m0&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=4c68e9d24a&view=att&th=130bec75fe0aa9aa&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=f_gp95coa11&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=4c68e9d24a&view=att&th=130bec75fe0aa9aa&attid=0.3&disp=inline&realattid=f_gp95cvdo2&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=4c68e9d24a&view=att&th=130bec75fe0aa9aa&attid=0.4&disp=inline&realattid=f_gp95d46i3&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=4c68e9d24a&view=att&th=130c1a94efa7d875&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

• 2 months later...

The Isles are having their auto party on Sunday (week from tomorrow) and since it is the 40th season and all, I am considering getting the whole team to sign a jersey w/the 40th patch and buy one of those cheaper frames from the Bay to display it. Problem is, they do not sell jerseys with the wordmark yet. Obviously, I will not be getting one of my 2.0s signed on the front, nor any authentic for that matter (its a waste imo and this is what replicas are designed for). I found a pretty good deal online on a replica royal with the vector. Is it a foul to get the 2011-2012 team (and patch) to sign a 2008-2011 jersey? Is it possible to remove the vector from the sleeve? Also, has anyone gotten the front of a premier signed before (how does it come out?)?

Thanks in advance

The Isles are having their auto party on Sunday (week from tomorrow) and since it is the 40th season and all, I am considering getting the whole team to sign a jersey w/the 40th patch and buy one of those cheaper frames from the Bay to display it. Problem is, they do not sell jerseys with the wordmark yet. Obviously, I will not be getting one of my 2.0s signed on the front, nor any authentic for that matter (its a waste imo and this is what replicas are designed for). I found a pretty good deal online on a replica royal with the vector. Is it a foul to get the 2011-2012 team (and patch) to sign a 2008-2011 jersey? Is it possible to remove the vector from the sleeve? Also, has anyone gotten the front of a premier signed before (how does it come out?)?

Thanks in advance

I am sure you could fold it in some sort of way that would eliminate the sleeve vector, one thing though, is it would probably be easier to have a white version signed. Also, has the 40th patch position been determined? I would make sure you add it first, or block off the area so they don't sign it there...

Thanks! The 40th patch is on the right shoulder (I hate that location, but what can ya do) so I figured I can angle it in the case so that the right shoulder faces out and fold back the left sleeve so everything I want visible will be visible. The good thing is I don't have to worry about a player signing there (I hope). I really would prefer white to begin with (I have so many royal jerseys. If anyone wants to trade a new 1.0 white for a 2.0 royal, PM me), but a $20 difference is enough to make me get blue lol :blush: .

While I'd love to that...it is the wrong jersey, but thanks anyway. This is the current white jersey: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/X0ysoxCCPFx/Honda+NHL+SuperSkills/c0YgWVA5sXO/Michael+Grabner. I am pretty sure that 2.0 from MGG is a Jersey Foul if I add the 40th patch to it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's any doubt about this one being a flagrant foul.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Sakic-19-Quebec-Nordiques-jersey-Size-L-/330619028980?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cfa6e05f4#ht_500wt_1413

On the same note, this is the same person I bought my phony Ron Francis jersey from. Time to take my revenge!

Edited by WhalersNation