It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

Those are the exact pictures I sent as references, actually. That's why I said I wish I had better pictures, it really is hard to tell if it's wrong or just because of the weird angles. They told me they had the fonts from that era of Sabres jerseys, so I'm assuming if they used that font it's probably correct, regardless of what digits or letters... right?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That third picture is a screen printed tagging on the inside hem. Does that mean anything to anybody?

That's a mystery even for the HUGE collectors on the GW.net board. Well done. Hope you got a good deal from that seller. That was on the one eBay that was ended early right?

Haha yeah that was the one on Ebay that ended early. I originally was hoping to make it into a Lundqvist, not realizing it was different from 06 and 10. Lundqvist was on the 04 WC roster, but didn't see any time in net so I don't even know if I would make that. I don't even know what number he wore that tournament, and I imagine I'd have a problem finding a WC patch as well.

Haha yeah that was the one on Ebay that ended early. I originally was hoping to make it into a Lundqvist, not realizing it was different from 06 and 10. Lundqvist was on the 04 WC roster, but didn't see any time in net so I don't even know if I would make that. I don't even know what number he wore that tournament, and I imagine I'd have a problem finding a WC patch as well.

Don't give up so quick! Looks like he wore number 30.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/51212152/Getty-Images-Sport

And WCOH patches show up every once in a while. Altanhl had them for a long time.

Well look at that! Thanks, I clearly missed that one during my search. Either way though, I'd be willing to trade it for one from the Olympics, and maybe even throw in a little extra money for a blue one.

They had a Thrashers equipment sale today, $125 for gamers.

1999-2000 Jason Botterill

DSC07926.jpg

DSC07927.jpg

2007-2008 Tomas Pospisil (one of my wife's favorite minor leaguers) Preseason

DSC07924.jpg

DSC07925.jpg

And a purple practice for 40 bucks

DSC07923.jpg

Edited by billnchristy

Who's "they", and do you remember seeing any Petr Buzek gamers? I'd be VERY interested if there were.

It was at their old practice facility. It was only today but maybe they will have another if there was stuff left. I can't recall if there was any Buzek but if it happens again I will look for you.

Before:

After:

2661959450105170938S425x425Q85.jpg

2222929990105170938S425x425Q85.jpg

And Soon to be:

It was actually a super easy strip job, the jersey itself was virtually brand new, never worn, never washed. The stitching was easy to remove, and the numbering had a very very light residue holding it in place.

Actually, as a side note. I've found a VERY effective way, without using chemicals or washing to remove the glue residue. I bought an Ikea (or anywhere, but Ikea was cheap) lint roller. They have an adhesive barrel that is generally used for cleaning garments from fluff. Anyways, it has a stronger adhesive than the twill material uses, so when you roll it, it picks up all of the glue residue and lifts it right off. Totally safe for the jersey and totally clean afterwards. Then a simple ironing job and it looks like it was never crested.

Lastly, I got it for WAY less than the original ridiculous $500 BIN price on ebay. So overall very pleased ! :lol:

here's some that i got a while back and of course the Meigray clearance goody.

so I have one Leaf Ultrafil

DSC00283.jpg

And one Airknit (which doesn't fit like a 2xl more like a 1xl, I am willing to trade it for someone elses replica of maybe a white one or a different team)

DSC00284.jpg

Sens 3rd from Meigray. Thing is HUGE on me. The pics from the tag on Meigray said Chara on it, but they are gone now from this one. Still has a C on the tag.

DSC00285.jpg

^ I'm curious as to what adjustments they made/make on Chara's jerseys to make them 58C as opposed to a 58+ jersey. I've got a Bruins white size 58 jersey with a penned-in '+' sign, and the only thing I could tell apart from a regular 58 jersey were the extended sleeves.

Anyone have some input on the issue?