It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

Here's a fun one. From the CSHL Junior B Columbus Blue Jackets (am I even saying that right? I know nothing about junior hockey in the US beyond the fact that it exists). It's hammered, and even has a couple repairs. Thanks to a couple folks for forgetting it, missing it or being otherwise occupied when the auction ended.

6143071742_3daa5232f7.jpg

6142518057_8ff571a344.jpg

some detail:

6143069954_47f0853c40.jpg

6142516507_4c8e9dcf5c.jpg

iron on patch repair inside sleeve (hard to make out, but it's one of those square black iron on patches...like my mom used to use on my jeans when i was a kid...

A junior jackets jersey is not something I expected to get, so it's nice to check this one off, though there are other styles out there I'd still love to have.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a fun one. From the CSHL Junior B Columbus Blue Jackets (am I even saying that right? I know nothing about junior hockey in the US beyond the fact that it exists).

A junior jackets jersey is not something I expected to get, so it's nice to check this one off, though there are other styles out there I'd still love to have.

I never would have thought any team (junior or not) would wear replica jerseys. That's really interesting to know.

I never would have thought any team (junior or not) would wear replica jerseys. That's really interesting to know.

Here's a fun one. From the CSHL Junior B Columbus Blue Jackets (am I even saying that right? I know nothing about junior hockey in the US beyond the fact that it exists). It's hammered, and even has a couple repairs. Thanks to a couple folks for forgetting it, missing it or being otherwise occupied when the auction ended.

Junior B isn't really anything special, it's more of a youth travel league that costs parents thousands of dollars for their kid to play in than anything like Canadian major junior. If I had it I would just have it stripped so it becomes an NHL Blue Jackets jersey again, but hey it's your jersey and you probably have a few Blue Jackets jerseys anyway.

Junior B isn't really anything special, it's more of a youth travel league that costs parents thousands of dollars for their kid to play in than anything like Canadian major junior. If I had it I would just have it stripped so it becomes an NHL Blue Jackets jersey again, but hey it's your jersey and you probably have a few Blue Jackets jerseys anyway.

I know it's not a big deal, but it's a fun, unique thing to add to my collection. I appreciate the history of it, however insignificant and wouldn't think of stripping it. The wear and repair is neat, as is the goofy number font. There are thousands of plain replica CBJ jerseys out there so stripping something unique to have something so common makes no sense to me.

Hopefully someday I can add one of the new style junior jackets jerseys, with the usual hat shoulder patch as the crest.

This jersey was on ebay last week/two weeks ago, right? Thought about bidding, but I didn't want a hammered replica :thumbsup:

This jersey was on ebay last week/two weeks ago, right? Thought about bidding, but I didn't want a hammered replica :thumbsup:

I figured I could spare the $13 to have something unusual.

Not a lot of archivists around here I guess. I think the history of a team or organization, from media guides, to volunteer t-shirts to even junior jerseys is interesting.

I think the history of a team or organization, from media guides, to volunteer t-shirts to even junior jerseys is interesting.

That's what it's all about. More power to you!

Just posting this because I only saw it recently...

2458295680105778501S600x600Q85.jpg

Just posting this because I only saw it recently...

Ouch.

I can't argue with history, but they're my team.

Had no idea that posting a $13 junior jersey would get such a reaction. A thousand pardons.

I can't argue with history, but they're my team.

Had no idea that posting a $13 junior jersey would get such a reaction. A thousand pardons.

I think it's a pretty cool jersey.

Picked this up from Slim after he was nice enough to make it available to me. There's a couple minor things wrong with the cusomization but nothing that'll be too hard to fix.

2738309960105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2771991790105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

Anybody have experience removing screenprinting? I hate the little Cosby logo on the bottom hem.

I would like to know also. My brother gave me some old CCM replica's from the 90's that have screen printed numbers on them. I would love to salvage them if I could remove the numbers. I think they were heat applied.

Not a lot of archivists around here I guess. I think the history of a team or organization, from media guides, to volunteer t-shirts to even junior jerseys is interesting.

You should search out a Ohio Junior Blue Jacket's jersey. When Doug Maclean was the GM, his son, Clark, played for the Cleveland Jr. Barons of the NAHL. Douggie wanted Clarkie closer to home, so he convinced the Goebel's to move the team to Columbus and up to the USHL and play at Nationwide for the 06-07 season. The team was lousy, drew almost nothing, and bled a ton of money. They lasted one more year in Columbus, playing at the IceHaus in front of a few dozen people before mercifully folding after two seasons. I caught a couple of games and I am not exaggerating about the crowds. I counted 47 people, including me one Saturday. The jerseys used the round hat logo on the chest, with "OHIO JUNIOR" replacing "Columbus" and the flag logo on the shoulders. I have some replicas I bought cheap somewhere.

Oh oh I'm one of those! Or at least I would be if I could afford to... :unsure: I think everything pre-lockout NHL and WHA is awesome, from jerseys to programs to pucks to cards to uh everything.

I would like to know also. My brother gave me some old CCM replica's from the 90's that have screen printed numbers on them. I would love to salvage them if I could remove the numbers. I think they were heat applied.

Slim wrote a how to remove guide about heat pressed vinyl numbers look for it

Yeah, I used acetone to remove some vinyl numbers from an old NS jersey, and it came off pretty good. Just hold tight, as I'm going to try and remove the cosby logo from my Smyl shortly -

2665589180105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

I'll add it to my original write-up, and link you guys to it.

In the meantime, got my grail today :) :) :) -

1987 Gretzky Rendez-Vous -

2313098520105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2206987650105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2313000210105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

It was hard enough finding one of these, let alone a fellow collector who was willing to let it go, but I finally found one, and got it for a great price to boot!!!

Both the Smyl and Gretzky are beauties! :D Congrats!! Is the Gretz game-worn/issued or did they actually make those for retail as well?

Wow! Nice pick up Slim Dog Millionaire..

...this from the man with a 2001 playoff Sakic gamer...wanna trade?

Is the Gretz game-worn/issued or did they actually make those for retail as well?

I was 9 back then, so I have no way of confirming, but I'm pretty sure it's just a retail jersey. That said, the rear hem does have Weiner Wayne's pattended velcro patch -

2051331120105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

so we'll call it a game issued for now, until my winter hockey league starts up and I can give it some real wear and tear :P

You should search out a Ohio Junior Blue Jacket's jersey. When Doug Maclean was the GM, his son, Clark, played for the Cleveland Jr. Barons of the NAHL. Douggie wanted Clarkie closer to home, so he convinced the Goebel's to move the team to Columbus and up to the USHL and play at Nationwide for the 06-07 season. The team was lousy, drew almost nothing, and bled a ton of money. They lasted one more year in Columbus, playing at the IceHaus in front of a few dozen people before mercifully folding after two seasons. I caught a couple of games and I am not exaggerating about the crowds. I counted 47 people, including me one Saturday. The jerseys used the round hat logo on the chest, with "OHIO JUNIOR" replacing "Columbus" and the flag logo on the shoulders. I have some replicas I bought cheap somewhere.

I love the Junior Jackets jerseys. The white one is great because it is a white version of the original 3rd jersey but with the hat logo.

PHOTO_9339607_137243_22873399_main.jpg