It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early birthday present to me...from me. Well, OK, techincally from IJ. I used a coupon sent to me in the newsletter to get this one. It's a Colby Armstrong replica Maple Leafs home jersey.

Colby is one of the former Penguins whose career I've closely followed ever since he was traded back in 2008. He was a big fan favorite in his AHL Penguins days (I could post some REALLY good videos if anyone wants), and I fulfilled a lifelong hockey fan dream of mine back in April when I got to meet him in Wilkes-Barre. The security staff at the arena and one of the guys who worked for the Penguins seemed to be determined to keep fans away from him when he was down doing a radio interview at an intermission, but I managed to get lucky enough and meet him and get a pic (and a hug!). Now if only he'd visit for another game so I can get this beauty signed...or maybe I need to go see Toronto somewhere next year...

Ahem. Sorry about my puckbunny moment. Here's the jersey.

Armyfront.jpg

Armyback.jpg

and see on Drop The Puck, they have the white version of that sweater, but sans 25 year patch and exact same player to boot.

Although it would be nice, you don't NEED a 25th patch -

2397191480105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

2342700020105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

the cool thing about buying preds jerseys, theres never anyone to have to outbid!

Their inaugural Bauer jerseys were really nice. That's a pretty rare one too because A: it's the first-ever one and B: it's a one-year style considering Bauer has never made any other jerseys for an NHL team ever.

update on my stars sweater. I called Rich at Drops The Puck and he gave me exciting news. My sweater was worn during preseason time and then was given back to the equip manager who then sent it back to Steichen's. the owner of Steichen's sports here in MN held onto that and the white one that was on Ebay in his personal collection for the longest time. The two sweaters went on sale on Vintage Authentics but the buyer never paid for them, the guy who sold them on Ebay had them for a while and then put them up for sale.

The reason there is no 25 year patch is because the Stars didn't start wearing those until the middle of the season, and that Steichen's put the 25 year patches on all of the game worns they got back in the store regardless of the set number making sense. So I lucked out having it untouched by the 25 year patch.

75 year patch was likely ripped in a scrum or fight during the preseason. I was also told that 91-92 was the only year they wore Ultrafil as they had been wearing Air Knit before and then during the last year when they were here.

Needless to say, I am pretty stoked about this!

NOW my question to the masses. Due to the history of this sweater being stripped and because of preseason, should I leave it stripped because that is the way it has spent all of it's life and never was used again after the fact or should i get the original name and numbers put on?

lol, you and st. patrick! i went cut throat on that one

I'm still bitter. But, oh well. I just picked up three or four off craigslist.

Put Enrico back on there. Put the 25th patch on too. You'd probably be the only one in the country outside of possibly Enrico himself with an Enrico Ciccone jersey.

Their inaugural Bauer jerseys were really nice. That's a pretty rare one too because A: it's the first-ever one and B: it's a one-year style considering Bauer has never made any other jerseys for an NHL team ever.

Yeah I still need one of those as well, going to turn it into a Vokoun. Its crazy all the years Bauer did hockey stuff and only did one NHL jersey. They were bigger in the minors I guess.

Technically, it was a Nike jersey but with Bauer tagging because Nike bought Bauer in 1995. Why they chose to go with the Bauer name rather than Nike is anybody's guess though.

I'm assuming this is about Preds jerseys? I love my inaugural jersey. I love the '98 Nashville patch. Made mine a Ronning!! And that Stars jersey is ridiculous!!!! I want one of those SO BAD!!!!

Technically, it was a Nike jersey but with Bauer tagging because Nike bought Bauer in 1995. Why they chose to go with the Bauer name rather than Nike is anybody's guess though.

SP made those. They made all the Nike/Bauer jerseys. Great jersey, I bought one at the Hall Of Fame in September 1997 before they even played a game.

shhh I am waiting til my ebay bucks are ready to be cashed in in July to snag that haha

Got these in quite a bit ago and never posted them

2222499570104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2912350140104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2956429930104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2353586170104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2722071920104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

Nike spent years cultivating the image of being associated with success and with successful organizations; notice that their NHL clients were Detroit, Philadelphia, Chicago, and up-and-coming San Jose and Anaheim teams. When Nashville was added to the stable, it would have meant putting the Nike logo on an expansion team, which they were averse to do (understandably so). Rather than risk it, they put the Bauer logo on the expansion team. If they'd become successful and if Nike/Bauer had stayed on, it would have been replaced by Nike.

You might want to wash that first one, it looks like it has some...stuff...on it.

Also, since you asked, yes I'll take that Eastern.