It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

Love the Palffy like most on here!

Just found it an interesting point how crooked the back #33 is on the Gamer.

It's been said many times before, the lack of detail/accuracy on game worns can be astounding.

Just thought i'd point it out that the team customizer makes errors too, hopefully this will help those who lose sleep when their customized retail authentic has a loose thread upon return and @!$% hits the fan :lol:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found it an interesting point how crooked the back #33 is on the Gamer.

It's been said many times before, the lack of detail/accuracy on game worns can be astounding.

Just thought i'd point it out that the team customizer makes errors too, hopefully this will help those who lose sleep when their customized retail authentic has a loose thread upon return and @!$% hits the fan :lol:

I have a retail authentic McSorley jersey and the 3's look the same way.

Must be the same person doing the stitching.

mcsorleyback.jpg

But to your your point, you are absolutely correct.

My game worn collection is just starting, yet I already have examples of

crooked numbers, letters and sloppy stitch work on patches.

As long as everything is correct as far as font size, shape and color, I am happy.

There are going to be some variances.

I think it adds a little character to a jersey, a human touch. Not just churned out on some factory line by a machine.

Sometimes that happens during the heat-press application. I notice that can happen when applying 2's, 3's, 5's and 9's because the arms or feet can shift slightly. It used to drive me crazy before I figured out that a lot of customizers are pretty sloppy with their application. Then, I stopped caring! :D

EDIT: Also, pre-stitching the numbers can do that too. I don't know why but I guess the stitching contracts the twill or something. I don't know. Leave me alone.

Had to add this to the collection. Scott Pellerin rookie jersey. He is the assistant coach on the Manchester Monarchs so I used that as an excuse to wedge it into my Kings and Monarchs collection. How often do you get a chance at a rookie jersey from a Hobey Baker Award winner with the Stanley Cup 100th patch?

This is pretty well beat up with multiple holes, stick marks, two major team repairs, tons of piling on the sleeves and loads of burn marks.

pellerinpic3.jpg

pellerinpic2.jpg

pellerinjersey3.jpg

As long as everything is correct as far as font size, shape and color, I am happy.

There are going to be some variances.

I think it adds a little character to a jersey, a human touch. Not just churned out on some factory line by a machine.

+1. Love the quirks. They add to the story behind the jersey. Good call.

Great Ads jerseys! Being from Wisconsin, I've wanted to get one so bad, but Sioux jerseys are a priority on a limited budget. I did manage to get an authentic mid-90s Bauer blank of the Admirals, road blue, if you are interested in buying it. It's a tad big on me but fits like a game-worn would (I'm a bit smaller and prefer it to not look like a dress).

Well there's always next year...

Sick jersey chow_hound! Yes, next year. :thumbsup:

Great Ads jerseys! Being from Wisconsin, I've wanted to get one so bad, but Sioux jerseys are a priority on a limited budget. I did manage to get an authentic mid-90s Bauer blank of the Admirals, road blue, if you are interested in buying it. It's a tad big on me but fits like a game-worn would (I'm a bit smaller and prefer it to not look like a dress).

Thanks! I'm actually looking for an authentic CCM Admirals jersey, but not the Bauer ones.

The team has some cheaper game-worn jerseys for $200-250, if you're fine with cup of coffee players or removed nameplates. (The white #38 Olvecky NOBR is HAMMERED if you like wear, and was only $200 at the time)

If you want an older Burgundy gamer, I've been trying to move an Eric Bertrand #18. PM if interested

Edited by cjerina

Picked this up from Tyler the other day. I regretted not getting one when they were clearing them out over here a few months back so I went ahead and got the one he was selling.

2513211880105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

It will become a Crosby "Golden Goal" jersey without the A once I decide where I'm going to send it. I would like to avoid Central Crests if possible because of the price they want to do the work but they may be the only place that can do these properly.

Number two of four I am expecting this week.

First off an assist goes to Redbeard for the heads up.

Manchester Monarchs auctioned off some game issued and game worn jerseys. This jersey was advertised as game issued, the COA that came with the jersey says game issued, but there are definitely signs of game wear on this beauty. Sponsor, AHL anniversary and Monarchs anniversary patches.

My favorite young King from this past season. A blue liner who isn't afraid to shoot the puck.

martinezfront.jpg

martinezback.jpg

leftsleeve.jpg

Today is my birthday, and today I got these two jerseys. Happy jers-day to me.

Tampa Bay Lightning 2004 Cup Finals Jersey - Lecavalier

264751_10150277556706294_733211293_9499468_4538116_n.jpg

251028_10150277556911294_733211293_9499471_1314795_n.jpg

Marc Savard 2009-2010 Game Issue, which I'm going to refer to as the 'phantom jersey'

270057_10150277557226294_733211293_9499473_3643333_n.jpg

260095_10150277557481294_733211293_9499475_4914265_n.jpg

Today is my birthday, and today I got these two jerseys. Happy jers-day to me.

Tampa Bay Lightning 2004 Cup Finals Jersey - Lecavalier

Marc Savard 2009-2010 Game Issue, which I'm going to refer to as the 'phantom jersey'

Happy Birthday!

Nice jerseys...tough couple of seasons for the "phantom".

Number two of four I am expecting this week.

First off an assist goes to Redbeard for the heads up.

Manchester Monarchs auctioned off some game issued and game worn jerseys. This jersey was advertised as game issued, the COA that came with the jersey says game issued, but there are definitely signs of game wear on this beauty. Sponsor, AHL anniversary and Monarchs anniversary patches. My favorite young King from this past season. A blue liner who isn't afraid to shoot the puck.

Glad you got that and even happier it's clearly a gamer.

Always good to see a Monarchs jersey go to a good home.

Hasek Ultrafil with 25th Anniversary patch, new with tags, incredible addition to my favorite 90s goalies collection. Now off to add an Irbe and start the Hextalls.

b9c0zm.jpg

11hxpaq.jpg

Authentic (Starter Mesh) Avs jersey showed up the other day. Added this to my "4Sale" thread ;) Might turn it into a Sakic if there are no takers...

2672870810105237255S500x500Q85.jpg

This came in the mail today, got it for a decent price on eBay, didn't think I'd fit into a 48 but it actually fits quite nice :D

p1020296g.jpg

p1020297.jpg

^^^ That's the best all-time Ducks jersey!

^^^ That's the best all-time Ducks jersey!

I was never a HUGE fan of them, but when I got this one in person it completely changed my mind, definitly an awesome jersey...for $110 I'd say a steal :D