It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

Number three of four, the only non gamer of the lot.

Quite wrinkled from the 6" X 9" box it was stuffed in...I don't get people sometimes.

tigerfront.jpg

tigerback.jpg

Dave "Tiger" Williams from the 80's.

There are a couple of things wrong with the customization, needs a nameplate and the font for the arm numbers is wrong.

Since I need to fix most of the custom job I might as well strip it completely.

I have a question for you. This is really a reissue that the Kings wore in 2003 - 2004, not an 80's jersey as the current custom job would suggest.

Should I get a Vintage patch and pick a player from the 2003 - 2004 roster or go with an 80's player?

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but opinions are welcome.

Anyone with a Vintage patch please PM me.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CLEARLY needs to be an 03-04... but you already knew that!

I would check the "patch thread" as i recall a lengthy discussion about the "V" patches and someone getting a bunch of them from RCS for pretty cheap.

What is it with these Kings cresters... they must only have 1 eye and 2 left hands :P

2003-2004 wasn't exactly a banner year in Kings history but clearly since you're stripping it you have to make it one.

You could do Luc but there are tons of those out there.

If you want to go down a different road 03-04 was Dustin Browns first year with the club. He played 31 games that year before spending the next year in the AHL.

It wouldn't be one you would see alot.

CLEARLY needs to be an 03-04... but you already knew that!

Yes, I did...don't really know why I asked the question.

I would check the "patch thread" as i recall a lengthy discussion about the "V" patches and someone getting a bunch of them from RCS for pretty cheap.

Didn't find the thread, but RCS still has them in stock so I purchased one.

What is it with these Kings cresters... they must only have 1 eye and 2 left hands :P

You noticed that too.

Can't go with a Robitaille, I already have two jerseys made up with him.

Brown isn't a bad idea, I may go with Palffy to compliment my home vintage gamer.

Number four of four, then someone else can hog this thread for awhile.

I have been searching long and hard for a retail authentic of this jersey that I could turn into an Allison and patch up.

Never thought I would find a gamer before I found a retail version, but here it is.

2001 - 2002 road set 2, nice game wear on the arms and some stick marks on the body.

jallisonfront.jpg

jallisonback.jpg

Just got back from the Blue Jackets Draft Party and I was able to get a Mason home jersey. It is a set 1 jersey but Mason had 3 set 1 jerseys for some reason and as you can see from the tag there is a 1 written in pen on this set tag so it is 1 of 3. I looked at all three set 1 jerseys and this is the only one that showed any wear. There are a couple of burns on it and a nice inch long mark on the crest that I should be able to photomatch. BTW goalie cut jerseys are very hard to photograph.

Mason2010-2011Set1GameWornFront.jpg

Mason2010-2011Set1GameWornBack.jpg

Mason2010-2011Set1GameWornSetTag.jpg

Knocked one off my want list. Major thanks to our fellow forum member tb426 for this one.....

th_IMG_0384.jpg th_IMG_0385.jpg th_IMG_0386.jpg th_IMG_0387.jpg

.....complete with the Harold Ballard memorial patch to boot.....

Oooooh now THAT is sharp. Iafrate too. Great choice! I really like that Mason gamer too. That's a killer pick-up.

Love the Mason with the 10 year patch.

The Jackets need to finally a move to the East so I can have an excuse to go more than once every two years.

Just got back from the Isles draft "party". I met up with NYIJM29, who hooked me up with this.

Authentic Reebok Edge 2.0 Royal Blank New York Islanders Jersey

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

But what I am really excited about. My first game worn jersey! (since USPS lost my Parenteau Wolfpack gamer)

Game Worn Reebok Edge 2.0 Blake Comeau New York Islanders Away Jersey

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6135.jpg

Now help me photo match it!!!

Oooooh now THAT is sharp. Iafrate too. Great choice! I really like that Mason gamer too. That's a killer pick-up.

I've always loved that style Leafs.....now to find an 80's Leafs with Clancy & Heart and Stroke patches......that's the last Leafs jersey on my hit list....

If anyone knows someone with one.......please let me know

Thanks to Matt:

IMG_6785.jpg

IMG_6784.jpg

Rob Schremp 2010-2011 game worn jersey with little wear:

IMG_6781.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

Some name plates...only the Jeff Skinner is authentic! I plan on getting the others signed (and replacing the DiPietro nameplate on one of my DP jerseys)

IMG_6778.jpg

Man, I just about exhausted all resources looking for one of those stupid Heart & Stroke patches. Those friggin things are practically impossible to find. Didn't they only wear them on the white home jerseys that year too?

Love the Mason with the 10 year patch.

The Jackets need to finally a move to the East so I can have an excuse to go more than once every two years.

Trust me we are all hoping for that to happen next year.

how were the prices at the isles draft party?

im assuming 50% off the jerseys? any good/cheap equipment?

how were the prices at the isles draft party?

im assuming 50% off the jerseys? any good/cheap equipment?

Yup. They also had the pro stock 2.0s from the 07-10 seasons home/aways for $75 in sizes 52-58, but I have enough of those lol.

It was crazy there. I got in at perfect time. I only saw a couple of helmets, shells, sticks (only lefty), and jerseys. Schremp was the cheapest so I took that one. Weight's jerseys went for $200 (wish I knew that before I bought Schremp, but I am happy with Robbie). I am going to the team store on Tuesday for the signing...hopefully I can pick up a LOA and see if they have any jerseys there. I really wanted to buy a Cizikas or de Haan preseason, Legace preseason, or a Nabokov GI, but didn't see them there lol.

There wasnt that much equipment. It was mostly apparel. They had those jackets the coaches would wear for the AM skates and I picked one up.

If anyone wants NYI Reebok hockey long pants in size XL, PM me...they are too long and big for me.

wow, i def would have grabbed a weight for $200. did they have any gillies on sale? also, any idea where the leftovers are headed next?

they should def issue you a letter for your jersey

i was going to go, but it looked like we were about to get hit with a monsoon

wow, i def would have grabbed a weight for $200. did they have any gillies on sale? also, any idea where the leftovers are headed next?

they should def issue you a letter for your jersey

i was going to go, but it looked like we were about to get hit with a monsoon

I honestly didn't see any Gillies. All I saw was Schremp, Weight, Eaton, and someone else.,..It was crazy in there. I have no clue where Matt saw the Comeau. A lot of people were rushing to the gamers and I saw a guy with the price list and he told me the price of the Schremp and there was no way another player was going to cost less than Schremp, so I took it immediately and I couldn't get back to the jerseys.

There were more people there for the draft party than an actual game. I think there was close to 10,000 people there (at least that is what Snow said during the Draft).

Columbus had their equipment sale today. Got one I never thought I'd be able to get, and a couple others!

2010-11 Columbus Blue Jackets Rick Nash Set 1-1

5875396975_2997c2b9e3_m.jpg5875956184_959ca3d7ac_m.jpg

2010-11 Columbus Blue Jackets Derick Brassard Set 1

5875395757_16cd99f839_m.jpg5875396169_bc340b25b4_m.jpg

2010-11 Columbus Blue Jackets Cody Goloubef Preseason Team Issued

5875897164_2058a7ca6d_m.jpg5875337151_853c48c746_m.jpg

a Rick Nash game worn jersey, now that is incredible. Im not into game worns at all but that is just amazing, Id be into that.