It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had this one arrive today. Big thanks go to Slimcutta for putting me in contact with the seller :thumbsup:.

2143249400105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2251109080105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

Anyways, I never understood why but a lot of these older Leafs jerseys had the older ccm logo with the nhl shield which was never used on the game jerseys. It was either only the old ccm logo and no shield (pre 1990) or newer ccm logo with the shield (90-92). This jersey had the old ccm logo with the shield so I took the newer logo that I saved from a jersey I butchered for nameplates and sewed it over the older logo to make this a true 90-91 jersey. All I need to do now is find a ballard patch and add an A to the front.

Is this Ballard patch any good?

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=34334

Had this one arrive today. Big thanks go to Slimcutta for putting me in contact with the seller :thumbsup:.

Anyways, I never understood why but a lot of these older Leafs jerseys had the older ccm logo with the nhl shield which was never used on the game jerseys. It was either only the old ccm logo and no shield (pre 1990) or newer ccm logo with the shield (90-92). This jersey had the old ccm logo with the shield so I took the newer logo that I saved from a jersey I butchered for nameplates and sewed it over the older logo to make this a true 90-91 jersey. All I need to do now is find a ballard patch and add an A to the front.

It wasn't just the Leafs, and you'd actually be ok to leave the old logo as is, and it's still correct. The Leafs, like a few other teams, simply recycled a lot of jerseys into later years. I've seen a few gamers from other teams that have the older logo with the NHL embroidery added, like this Mogilny here -

2594703920105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

As well, the Leafs did have the newer block style, without the logo, as noted by tbd426's Iafrate -

2599979980070768483S425x425Q85.jpg

When you check out game footage from the early 90s, during some scrums in front of the net, you'll notice that some teams will have 2, and even 3 different styles. Older block/no logo, newer block/no logo, older block w/logo, and newer block w/logo.

The best are the old Flames, Jets, and Canucks games from the early 80s, when you see Sandow SKs, ultra-large CCM screen print, and smaller CCM patches on the rear hems...a real hodge podge to say the least.

Anyways, glad I could hook you up!

It wasn't just the Leafs, and you'd actually be ok to leave the old logo as is, and it's still correct. The Leafs, like a few other teams, simply recycled a lot of jerseys into later years. I've seen a few gamers from other teams that have the older logo with the NHL embroidery added, like this Mogilny here -

As well, the Leafs did have the newer block style, without the logo, as noted by tbd426's Iafrate -

When you check out game footage from the early 90s, during some scrums in front of the net, you'll notice that some teams will have 2, and even 3 different styles. Older block/no logo, newer block/no logo, older block w/logo, and newer block w/logo.

The best are the old Flames, Jets, and Canucks games from the early 80s, when you see Sandow SKs, ultra-large CCM screen print, and smaller CCM patches on the rear hems...a real hodge podge to say the least.

Anyways, glad I could hook you up!

The thing is I've never seen a Leafs game worn jersey that had the old style CCM logo and shield. If I ever see one I will pull off the newer logo in a heartbeat though.

Thanks I thought I was in the wrong section

Great looking jerseys did you buy them from the same seller of Ebay

These two from the same gentleman showed up at my doorstep today.

2006 World Juniors game-issued(the never-worn non-Swift set):

onalTeamcirca2006Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

nalTeamcirca2006bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

2010 World Championships 3rd:

eam3rdcirca20102aNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

eam3rdcirca20102bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

These two from the same gentleman showed up at my doorstep today.

2006 World Juniors game-issued(the never-worn non-Swift set):

onalTeamcirca2006Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

nalTeamcirca2006bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

2010 World Championships 3rd:

eam3rdcirca20102aNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

eam3rdcirca20102bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

Sweet looking jerseys

You are almost a Canadian citzen if you buy one more jersey (Yes I have one comming to you ) EH!!!!!!!!!!

Heh...I know and I feel dirty!! EWWWW!! :D I have no problems with you canuckleheads up there. It's just your national team that I hate!

Mike, I would like to formally ask to be added to your will. Should you meet an untimely end, you can rest easy in the afterlife knowing your collection will be safe with me, that is aside from the one jersey you want to be buried in :D

I would totally return the favor and put you in my will.

Heh...I know and I feel dirty!! EWWWW!! :D I have no problems with you canuckleheads up there. It's just your national team that I hate!

Good to know you may hate our team but you LOVE the jerseys

LOVE the 2006 World Juniors GI Mike. Non-Swift cut Nike anything is always great. I love my white Wolski GI from that same tournament. Blog post and plenty of pics here: http://www.avshockeypodcast.com/2010/07/some-international-flavor/

Nice pickups man!

This is kind of a weird one for me beyond it being a Hawks jersey....I said I'd never own a Chelios jersey so that's strike one, I also hate signatures on jerseys so that's strike 2. The price was fantastic however since I managed to get it at $125 and it's the rare size 52..it also features what appears to be an authentic, or the closest I've ever seen to an authentic 92 Cup patch..those two items balanced out the first two I guess, I need to check but I also think the customization might be slightly off on the number.

100_1419.jpg

100_1421.jpg

..it also features what appears to be an authentic, or the closest I've ever seen to an authentic 92 Cup patch..

Hate to play bubble burster -

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2426

Still a great pickup at that price :thumbsup:

Heh...I know and I feel dirty!! EWWWW!! I have no problems with you canuckleheads up there. It's just your national team that I hate!

I'd hate my national team too...if it weren't my national team :) :) :)

This is kind of a weird one for me beyond it being a Hawks jersey....I said I'd never own a Chelios jersey so that's strike one, I also hate signatures on jerseys so that's strike 2. The price was fantastic however since I managed to get it at $125 and it's the rare size 52..it also features what appears to be an authentic, or the closest I've ever seen to an authentic 92 Cup patch..those two items balanced out the first two I guess, I need to check but I also think the customization might be slightly off on the number.

Worst jerseys ever!!!11!

Picked up on the bay. I'm gonna be looking to make it part of at least a partial trade. If interested and have any Penguins stuff you're looking to move hit me up.

DSCN1348.jpg

DSCN1351.jpg

DSCN1355.jpg

DSCN1356.jpg

DSCN1357.jpg

Hate to play bubble burster -

Still a great pickup at that price :thumbsup:

I'd hate my national team too...if it weren't my national team :) :) :)

Yeah after looking at both it's not authentic but it's probably the best replicated version of it I've seen. Other than a few details it fits the mold exactly, the other ones I've seen and have on other jerseys are not nearly as a nice....now off to remove that ###### signature.