It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

Which Sportchek did you go to?

And which Sportschek did you get it from?

The one in Markville Mall. As far as I could tell they only had a 46 and a 54 left. I grabbed the 54. I think I'm leaning towards Kessel now.

Edited by galvinwong

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys feel about putting older players on newer style jerseys? If I were to buy a new Leaf jersey, I'd feel more compelled to put a player from the early-mid 90s than a current player. I'd probably go Schenn or Reimer out of the current players.

Also, many, including myself would find that as a jersey foul. I have seen a few Bures on the current Canucks EDGE jerseys and I instantly say "jersey foul!" <_<

I only put players on jerseys that they wore, not on ones they didn't.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

How do you guys feel about putting older players on newer style jerseys? If I were to buy a new Leaf jersey, I'd feel more compelled to put a player from the early-mid 90s than a current player. I'd probably go Schenn or Reimer out of the current players.

For me, It's your jersey... to put on who you wish, but I know most on the fourm consider this a Major jersey Foul. For example, there is already some talk about the Jagr Flyers jerseys on e-bay that have the Reebok vector and not the word mark that they will wear next season.

Also, many, including myself would find that as a jersey foul. I have seen a few Bures on the current Canucks EDGE jerseys and I instantly say "jersey foul!" <_<

I only put players on jerseys that they wore, not on ones they didn't.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Understood. I figured. I just don't care as much about the current Leafs. It seems less exciting getting a jersey with their names on them. :P

Markham is fairly close, but I have 3 stores within a few kms of me, so I'll probably check them out tomorrow and see what's up. :)

I forgot to put in. It is ultimately YOUR jersey so feel free to put whoever you want on the back. :)

With the wordmark/vector thing, Heatley, Setoguchi, and Richards all were given jerseys with the vector. I think if they wore the vector during a Press Conference, it shouldn't be considered as much of a foul/ and can be argued to be passable. There is photographic evidence of a player wearing that jersey. At least the jersey is an officially licensed one.

I appreciate that, but I'm trying to learn about this s*** from you guys and it's a pretty strong opinion, so I'd have to go with the majority in this case. I dig a few current Leafs, so it would be worth it if I could find that kind of deal.

Heh...believe me dude; I feel your pain on the whole 'current roster' thing. It can definitely be a tough sell.

Understood. I figured. I just don't care as much about the current Leafs. It seems less exciting getting a jersey with their names on them. :P

Markham is fairly close, but I have 3 stores within a few kms of me, so I'll probably check them out tomorrow and see what's up. :)

When you do, definitely take the jersey to the checkout and ask for a price check. The ones at Markville only had the original $279 pricetag, and I've seen them at other locations where they did put the reduced price stickers on, albeit not for $60.

######, more and more Leaf fans and Leaf jersey's are starting to pop up, I like it. Nice choices on the team issues Phill. As for putting older players on current jerseys, I'm not a fan of it but in the case of the 07-10 Leafs edge why not have the best of both worlds and do up a Sundin. He wore the edge so no jersey foul and was around in the mid 90's.

With the wordmark/vector thing, Heatley, Setoguchi, and Richards all were given jerseys with the vector. I think if they wore the vector during a Press Conference, it shouldn't be considered as much of a foul/ and can be argued to be passable. There is photographic evidence of a player wearing that jersey. At least the jersey is an officially licensed one.

If that's the case then all those Gretzky Rangers CCM jerseys are legit, cause that's what he was given at the press conference.

From River City's brief $99 sale.

IMG_0580.jpg

It is definitely yours to do what you want with, but, IMO you would be doing a disservice to not match jersey era with the correct player. It might not bug you at first, but eventually, it'll annoy you. If you really want one of the other players and no current ones, either customize it with a popular player and sell it, or sell it blank, make some money, and hold out for the correct jersey..they're out there.

If that's the case then all those Gretzky Rangers CCM jerseys are legit, cause that's what he was given at the press conference.

Rbk to Reebok is not the sames as CCM to Starter. They are still Reebok jerseys. If he was given a CCM jersey though, then it could be fine IMO. I just dont understand why anyone would want a Gretzky ranger jersey :thumbsup:

Didn't he wear CCM his final year too?

Rbk to Reebok is not the sames as CCM to Starter. They are still Reebok jerseys. If he was given a CCM jersey though, then it could be fine IMO. I just dont understand why anyone would want a Gretzky ranger jersey :thumbsup:

Probably has something to do with, oh, I dunno, him being the greatest player ever to put on a hockey jersey? :thumbsup:....I personally have one with tags on it that I've been meaning to post pictures of.

Probably has something to do with, oh, I dunno, him being the greatest player ever to put on a hockey jersey? :thumbsup:....I personally have one with tags on it that I've been meaning to post pictures of.

Exactly get an Oilers Gretzky jersey...won a couple of Cups with them if I recall correctly. :thumbsup:

I just dont understand why anyone would want a Gretzky ranger jersey :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more. Gretzky did nothing in his time with the Rangers, if I were to ever own a #99 jersey (which is doubtful) it'd be of the Oilers or Kings.

######, more and more Leaf fans and Leaf jersey's are starting to pop up, I like it. Nice choices on the team issues Phill. As for putting older players on current jerseys, I'm not a fan of it but in the case of the 07-10 Leafs edge why not have the best of both worlds and do up a Sundin. He wore the edge so no jersey foul and was around in the mid 90's.

more members for me to make fun of, buwahahaha

Go with Kessel on that Leafs jersey. And which Sportschek did you get it from?

Anyways, some more Leafs jerseys...

One is going to be Belfour and the other is going to be Sundin. Both are team issued.

1310604773-U11596.jpg

Are these RBK jerseys?? I can really tell....

More from my recent haul......

Devils home Edge 2.0 size 58+G

th_IMG_0477.jpg th_IMG_0478.jpg

Will be a Brodeur 552nd win jersey

I think this is a foul. I see a lot of Replica curent Hawk alternate jerseys at games with Hull or Mikita; and the replica ccm vintage remakes for the Caps for the early 90s with Ovechkin and I think it looks kind of silly. That said it is all personal taste. I know I have committed a jersey foul in some peoples eyes. I was unable to find an authentic ultrafil Hawks 1992 tbtc in my size, so I bought an authentic ccm vintage re-make, which is a real legit authentic jersey, but air knit. Long story short, go with what you want, as long as it is not this.

http://www.wholesalebrandjerseys.us/toronto-maple-leafs/toronto-maple-leafs-17-wendel-clark-stitched-blue-ccm-throwback-nhl-jersey