It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

Thanks Mike, those are neat pictures. Mind if I steal and print one or two for my Biron collection? :D

And Brilliant, yes, they're kiss-cut. It's the first time I've actually seen that in person, it's really kind of neat compared to the standard layering. I can imagine it's quite a pain for the guy who gets to do all that stitching though.

No problem... It's a different model goalie stick, I already checked that. Same tape job though. :thumbsup:

There is a decent shot of him in my Spectrum Finale album but he is playing for the Flyers... A few on here wouldn't care for the photo :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Biron jersey. I love seeing the sponsor patches on AHL jerseys. Not excessive, just a nice addition to give the jersey some pop.

So after unsuccessfully trying to get his first goal jersey, his 40th anniversary jersey, his SCF jersey (and having to settle for customized 2.0's instead...sad I know) I finally, by some stroke of sheer dumb luck and coincidence, got my hands on a gamer.

He only wore it for 4 games. Barely any wear, and the only way to possibly photomatch it is with loose threads and the excess glue under the nameplate. That being said, he wore it for the Nashville and San Jose series during these playoffs. And it's the last jersey he wore during his first NHL season because he didn't play in the finals.

Front.jpgBack.jpgCode.jpg

So over the moon. :wub:

[/quote

Wow, You certainly have the #39 market cornered... Nice pick up! I hope he goes on to have a long career and this will be the first of many gamers for you.

wow... WHERE AND HOW did you get those?!

I happened to meet the right person through a game-worn jersey forum, it was a total happy accident. It took a little convincing, since I think he was as in love with the jersey as I am, but it's now in my collection (I did promise him first dibs if I ever have to sell it though). I was actually looking for a Sabres game-worn, which I still haven't found, but I'd say this is better in some ways.

I happened to meet the right person through a game-worn jersey forum, it was a total happy accident. It took a little convincing, since I think he was as in love with the jersey as I am, but it's now in my collection (I did promise him first dibs if I ever have to sell it though). I was actually looking for a Sabres game-worn, which I still haven't found, but I'd say this is better in some ways.

well its a beautiful jersey. im from rochester and watched him on the amerks( no photos sorry) but my buddy whos been a STH for 10+ years would almost kill for that jersey! Birons sabres gamers would be pretty tough to find.. Id LOVE to get my hands on one of his rare #00 Sabres jerseys!

So after unsuccessfully trying to get his first goal jersey, his 40th anniversary jersey, his SCF jersey (and having to settle for customized 2.0's instead...sad I know) I finally, by some stroke of sheer dumb luck and coincidence, got my hands on a gamer.

So over the moon. :wub:

Your focus on hodgson is inspiring! It is so cool to see so many different jerseys for the same player. I always look forward to what you'll have next!

Yeah, I've had that on my watch list for ages.....but Lindros gamers are waaaaaaaaaay too pricey, and Roy gamers.......hah....forget about it.....not on a programmer's salary..... (I wish I could afford the tackla one Brilliant has)

However if I did have to shell out for a gamer.......I have one on my radar.....I've tracked it down from owner to owner......

The 2005-06 Set 1 Leafs Alternate from his only season in Toronto......he scored the insurance goal against the Flyers in his first game against them with the Leafs in that jersey....and it was sweet....a bit of an "F U" to Booby Clarke for not trading him to the Leafs in the first place. That game was a bunch of things coming together, especially since Forsberg was on the Flyers that season......and we all know the degrees of separation between those two....

I know who had it and they sold it (he wanted $1500 for it at the time), and I found who owns it now want 1150 Euros for it.....

Ah one day........

Anyone know of any other Lindros or Roy jerseys I do not have, please fire me a message.......

I think you should get this guy -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270780665262&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

Simply because it's a goalie cut...very rare to say the least.

I think you should get this guy -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270780665262&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

Simply because it's a goalie cut...very rare to say the least.

shhhh ;)

Nice Hodgson.

Alright guys, here it is.

The Predators White Third jersey only worn at a team event, Team Issue, Edge 2.0, Sz 54. I picked this up from someone within the organization. Definitely one of the coolest things I own and for sure the most rare.

I have pics of the event with most players wearing it customized, I will most likely do something with it, potentially Rinne.

preds-3rd-alt.jpg

Wow, that Preds jersey is great. Can you even get a lettering kit for that since it was never actually used?

Anyway, I've had this for a bit and I'm just now getting around to taking proper pictures of it since I finally have a good camera, so I thought I'd post this:

Starter Wayne Gretzky home replica:

DSCN0482.jpg

And the back: (Everything is sewn on, one good thing about Starter replicas)

DSCN0481.jpg

Eventually I'll find a blue one to match, and then comes the task of finding an accurately customized, double tagged blue Liberty and, god help me, a double tagged white Liberty since I'm leaning towards NOT turning my CCM white into a Gretzky after all.

Yeah I'm sure it can be done, just getting the proper color will be tough. Its the same font used on the one they actually wore.

Awesome pickup Brandon! I was really hoping they would adopt that as their primary style this year. So simple and classic.

That is very nice Brandon...no where is the Isles jersey :lol:

You should have no problem getting that customized. Very impressive! Great Preds collection

Thanks guys, never thought Id stumble upon something like that. Didnt pay too much either, less than a retail authentic. It was still sealed in the bag too, pretty awesome.

Here are some images from the night they wore them - http://predators.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=20371

Isles jersey isnt here yet haha.

As for future plans for them....

1) North Bay Cents - I don't know. This appears to be a gamer, but it has had a partial number change and at least one nameplate removal. It also looks to have added wear to it; there are two marks on the crest that look like pen marks, and a couple of other things that don't quite mesh. I'm not saying the guy I got it from did anything wrong; I'm guessing that he received it that way, and there's not any type of trail to follow.

2) Atlanta - Petr Buzek all the way!

3) Indianapolis - No clue yet. Indy at the time had several players from our local ECHL team (the Chill) going up and down, so any one of them is an option.

4) Dallas - Don't know, but it's a real short list. This was only from 1998-99, which was the Stanley Cup year. I might go off the board with this and go with Craig Ludwig, whose final game was that year. I can also back my truck on top of shinguards and sell them as a package.

5) Phoenix - It's a Koho and the strip job was nearly perfect. I could go with Teppo Numminen on this.

6) Phoenix (white) - This had a #9 on it with the A. I'm skeptical of pulling the A, since I'm fairly certain an outline would remain. The 9 on the back left a thin green outline, so I could pull the A and go with a #8 Daniel Briere.

7) CHL (2005 Top Prospects) - There are only three real options off this team. The first is Carey Price. The second is Gilbert Brule, who had a hat trick in this game and was team captain. The third, which would be solely for ironic value, is Devereaux Heshmatpour.

Wow, that Preds jersey is great. Can you even get a lettering kit for that since it was never actually used?

Anyway, I've had this for a bit and I'm just now getting around to taking proper pictures of it since I finally have a good camera, so I thought I'd post this:

Starter Wayne Gretzky home replica:

DSCN0482.jpg

Sorry I don't have the link now, but someone just put up a Starter blue Liberty pre-customized Gretzky replica (large, and double-tagged) on eBay- just for you!

And the back: (Everything is sewn on, one good thing about Starter replicas)

DSCN0481.jpg

Eventually I'll find a blue one to match, and then comes the task of finding an accurately customized, double tagged blue Liberty and, god help me, a double tagged white Liberty since I'm leaning towards NOT turning my CCM white into a Gretzky after all.

Sorry I messed up the last post and put my comment between the 2 pictures.

Sorry I don't have the link now, but someone just put up a Starter blue Liberty pre-customized Gretzky replica (large, and double-tagged) on eBay- just for you!

HA! Good call, thanks man