2004 world cup of hockey ossi vaananen

http://www.iwn.fi/~dana/gw_players/Timonen_WCH.html

Timonen without them aswell. It depends on the annunciation of the name if it will have them or not. I can't see how a Road and a Home have different lettering for the same player...

Your picture DEFINITELY shows them though... very strange

Yeah, at 44 seconds you can see them on his jersey. Is it a possibility that they wore more than 1 set and changed them based on the continent they played in? Either that or the jersey in question had a nameplate removal after it was used and the person who owns it replaced it and overlooked the fact of the umlauts???

Given some time, I had a CD with pictures I shot at the game in St. Paul which may show what you are looking for, but it's been years since I've see it but I stand by my Selanne with the round dots for the umlaut.

Yeah, at 44 seconds you can see them on his jersey. Is it a possibility that they wore more than 1 set and changed them based on the continent they played in? Either that or the jersey in question had a nameplate removal after it was used and the person who owns it replaced it and overlooked the fact of the umlauts???

Better (and very clear) view @ 1:21

2cr7pcw.jpg

On a sidenote: Timonen has no ümlaut, period. How it's written decides the pronunciation, not the other way around ofcourse but that's probably what was meant in the first place. Well unless you translate from Russian in cyrillic writing to English or some other non-western alphabet ;).

And one for JeffB but you probably found it the first time around back when ... (vs USA in Canada)

11ql64h.jpg

Note to self: B) Time to update that avatar :thumbsup:

Would they have the IIHF patches though? It wasn't a sanctioned IIHF tournament.