Hockey Metal

slime

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was seriously considering going across country to Seattle to go to the SOAD concert tomorrow night. Only problem was nobody wanted to go with me. If SOAD releases any dates on the right coast, I am without a doubt going.

Easily top three band :thumbsup:

SOAD sucks. Listen to real music.

<_<

What do you consider real music? Bieber? The Wiggles???

AC/DC, Queen, The Who, The Beatles, The Stones, Hendrix, Zep, Tull, RUSH, Sabbath, Skynyrd etc. I listen to a ton of genres, System was never very good. Were they original? Absolutely, but they were overhyped and overpromoted and never really had a hit. Hell, if my vast knowledge of music still serves me, the last time SOAD was on Billboard's top 10 was 2002. AC/DC's Back In Back, an album that was released 22 years earlier, was still in the top 10 the same week System's selftitled album hit the charts.

Just sayin, they're not very good.

Thats a sick flying v!!

Cam Ward sports the Theory of a Deadman on his mask..

wardsMASK.jpg

Like the mask. Hate the band lol.

AC/DC, Queen, The Who, The Beatles, The Stones, Hendrix, Zep, Tull, RUSH, Sabbath, Skynyrd etc.

I like most of those bands too, personal preference. Agree to disagree.

I like most of those bands too, personal preference. Agree to disagree.

Yeah I listen to a lot of music. I liked a couple of SOAD songs before K-Rock played them to death, now I just can't stand them.

AC/DC, Queen, The Who, The Beatles, The Stones, Hendrix, Zep, Tull, RUSH, Sabbath, Skynyrd etc. I listen to a ton of genres, System was never very good. Were they original? Absolutely, but they were overhyped and overpromoted and never really had a hit. Hell, if my vast knowledge of music still serves me, the last time SOAD was on Billboard's top 10 was 2002. AC/DC's Back In Back, an album that was released 22 years earlier, was still in the top 10 the same week System's selftitled album hit the charts.

Woah man you just dont bash someone for the music they like. Sure you may not like SOAD but does that mean they play terrible music? Its called preference. I really dont like the Rangers, so automatically that makes them a terrible team. Its all relative to person who is listening.

Just because a band doesn't have any billboard top 10s doesn't equate to a band not being any good. It just means they aren't mainstream.

Take Dropkick for example, you like them enough to use them in your handle here, but they haven't even come close to a top 10

Take Dropkick for example, you like them enough to use them in your handle here, but they haven't even come close to a top 10

My username actually has nothing to do with the band, but I do listen to them. SOAD was more mainstream 10 years ago, but they haven't done anything in what, 6 years? Like I said, I used to listen to them until the local rock station played them to death. Hearing the same 3 songs 3 times an hour, every hour gets old.

My username actually has nothing to do with the band, but I do listen to them. SOAD was more mainstream 10 years ago, but they haven't done anything in what, 6 years? Like I said, I used to listen to them until the local rock station played them to death. Hearing the same 3 songs 3 times an hour, every hour gets old.

But your argument is flawed here. All of the radio stations that I listen to (101.9 WRXP and 102.3 WBAB) all play the same songs over and over again, same thing happens on Sirius. On the radio, I hear Nirvana, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, Guns N Roses, The Offspring and Weezer (less frequently than others), etc over and over again, but I like those bands and rather list to them than bands like Walk the Moon. I hear "Put Your Balls on It" by Death Death Die almost everytime I turn on Octane on Sirius.

mjk.jpg

MAYNARD!!!

Can't wait to see A Perfect Circle here in a month from today!

I've never seen these pics...glad you posted them :thumbsup:

Ya I tried looking for a bigger pic of that one, however that is the one that

was published by the Toronto Sun newspaper the day after the concert.

The larger one I just got lucky and found that.....

too bad he's wearing a Leafs jersey tho, glad it was for just one song, LOL

But your argument is flawed here. All of the radio stations that I listen to (101.9 WRXP and 102.3 WBAB) all play the same songs over and over again, same thing happens on Sirius. On the radio, I hear Nirvana, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, Guns N Roses, The Offspring and Weezer (less frequently than others), etc over and over again, but I like those bands and rather list to them than bands like Walk the Moon. I hear "Put Your Balls on It" by Death Death Die almost everytime I turn on Octane on Sirius.

If you're that into what I consider to be over the top as far as metal goes, you should REALLY check out Seton Hall's pirate radio. My friend DJ's on Wednesday nights, usually 10-12. He plays a ton of stuff you're probably into. I don't do the whole screamo metal/death metal/black metal thing, not my speed. Nightwish is as metal as I get once you get past bands like Metallica and Maiden, Priest etc.

http://www.wsou.net/ - They stream online, you're probably too far out to pick them up on the radio. I barely get WSOU in Brooklyn.

Sirius is so hit and miss. I only listen to Lithium, Boneyard and Hair Nation. The decades channels (80's and 90's) play good music from each decade but then they place some super sketchy stuff.

Sirius is so hit and miss. I only listen to Lithium, Boneyard and Hair Nation. The decades channels (80's and 90's) play good music from each decade but then they place some super sketchy stuff.

Great music choices...those are my favorite stations, along with Howard and Playboy (though, having it on the radio sort of defeats the purpose, but whatever)

Well my contribution to this thread is not a picture but instead a quirky factoid:

The lead singer of the fornmer ban "skid row" Sebatiekn Bach is brothers with former NHL goalie Zac BIerk

Wikipedia: Bach was born Sebastian Philip Bierk on April 3, 1968 in Freeport, Bahamas, and raised in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. He attended nearby Lakefield College School. He is of Norwegian, French Canadian, and Native American descent. Bach's father was the visual artist David Bierk. He is the brother of retired NHL goaltender Zac Bierk, model/actress Heather Dylan Bierk and Toronto based artists Jeff, Nick Alex and Charles BIerk.

Here's a pic of both together

Sebastian Bach & brother Zac @ Shoreline Ampitheater 1989

And here is a pic of ZAc with Tampa

Sebastian Bach & brother Zac @ Shoreline Ampitheater 1989

Here are 2 mega hitsnfrom Skid Row: classics in my opinion

18 and life : http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=CA#/watch?v=LAQq72ULF_g

I remember you: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=CA#/watch?v=ivFYVAntpw0

Great band, great songs and a pretty cool connection in my opinion!!!!!

Surprised no one said Megadeth (if you did, sorry, I searched the topic).

megadethwithflyersjerse.jpg

megadethback.jpg

Please:

Do not post rappers.

Do not post wrestlers.

Do NOT post Justin Beiber.

Maybe you should have added:

Do not post Clay Aiken to your list. :lol: Oh, the silly things you see in Google searchs...

aikenhockey.jpg

P.S. You think he even knew the smoking hot chick was standing next to him?