How to TACKLE STAINS ON A WHITE JERSEY

I know this isn't a white jersey, but I'm posting here cause I don't want to make a new thread. I just got this jersey in, and there's this pattern on the back of the jersey, I don't know what it is.

IMG_6464.jpg

I feel like it looks like an iron pattern. Does anybody have any ideas what to do about this? Is it fixable? Or should I hassle the guy for a refund?

Also some stains on the white parts of the jersey.

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6463.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

Somebody help me out so hopefully I wont have to return this thing.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry about the white parts of the Jersey. If they don't come out with a wash or with slim's method, the dry cleaners should be able to clean it. I have had great success with the dry cleaners and stains.

The blue part all I can think of is steaming it with an iron.

Is the material burned, like a board burn? If it were iron marks I would think the material is damaged.

Somebody help me out so hopefully I wont have to return this thing.

If you are able to clean it up I would still request a partial refund - Is that the one that was listed on E-bay? (that I really wanted)

I have had a few I purchased that were listed in "great condition" but when it showed up it was about the same as your post, i'm sure the seller knew about the stains and if they didn't note them in the listing - which could effect the final sale price - they should refund some of your money for your time and work cleaning it up.

Never hurts to ask.

He says that he's going to give mea refund but he wants me to go through paypal so he doesn't get screwed. so he wants me to file a claim and he says that they will tell me to send the jersey with a tracking number once the jersey gets there they will release the money to me. Is that true?

He says that he's going to give mea refund but he wants me to go through paypal so he doesn't get screwed. so he wants me to file a claim and he says that they will tell me to send the jersey with a tracking number once the jersey gets there they will release the money to me. Is that true?

Yeah, you'll lose out on the shipping for sure, and yes, you have to provide a tracking number to paypal and confirm the jersey is returned before he has to issue you a refund.

I would start by trying to get one of the white dots out, and if it comes clean, take on the project. Like mharolde mentioned, the white parts should come clean.

If you do, tell the seller your pissed, and that you don't want to lose the money on return shipping because of him not disclosing obvious issues with the jersey....not to mention the fact of why you bought the jersey in the first place - because you wanted the jersey.

Tell him if he wants to save his feedback, to give you a partial refund (whatever you're willing to accept to make you happy), and tackle cleaning it. As long as there aren't any holes, or other permanent damage, get it cheap, clean it up, and be happy with it. :thumbsup:

It's too late. I already filed a claim and got a refund. It doesn't say anything in the message from ebay about having to return the jersey, though I'm sure I have to anyway. The refund won't process till Wednesday so I'll probably wait till it goes through before I send the jersey out. I'll just keep looking, it's ok. No rush anyway.

any suggestions on this one? i would guess because they are a bit faded a few more washes would do the trick, but wanted to see what others suggested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270831747072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• 3 months later...

Hey just wondering what percentage hydrogen peroxide you used, i have looked on amazon and there are all different % amounts i don't wanna buy one that's super strong and ruin my jersey!

I'd like to add something to this..I purchased a 1992 Washington Capitals jersey that was apparenty game-worn and then given to season ticket holders. I highly doubt this but the thing was covered in blood and when it arrived it was much worse then i had expected, not to mention it was customized with the sellers last name, choice of #76 and the captain's "C". So first thing i did was strip it, and being a 20 year old jersey it did leave behind faint pink marks from the red twill in the numbers. Now my next issue was to tackle the blood and the issue with the entire jersey being yellow and filthy looking. So i figured because i got it so cheap, I'd give something a shot. I ALWAYS use bleach (call me crazy) but it hasnt ruined anything on any jersey ive used it on (ultrafil, Edge, or air-knit) but i always dab the bleach with a q-tip and test an inconspicuous spot to see how the jersey reacts. After testing the twill stars and the red air-knit on the Caps jersey i said to hell with it and threw it in the washer machine, the finaly product is one of the brightest most vibrant jerseys i own....

2511792450105708903S600x600Q85.jpg

You can see what i mean about the markings left behind from the number 76, and i decided to leave the C on..i'll just customize it as one of their captains. I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of the "before" product because it was worse than the Blues jersey Slim posted. I was honestly a little dissapointed when i got it because i figured it was a lost cause. Im just so happy that the jersey now awaits customization and is as bright as it was on day 1.

But i definitely wouldn't recomend bleach to anyone that hasnt tested it nor is comfortable with it. I was willing to take a risk when i first attempted it on a late 90's Flyers jersey. The white parts were filthy and i sat there for over an hour using bleach on a q-tip and cleaned all the white sections and then washed it, i dont think the room was properly ventilated either because when i was all done i figured i should have probably just tried washing it first.

get a can of goof off, spray it on the sleeve number markings, let it soak for 3 minutes and rub those parts of the jersey against each other. it will come right off. ive done that about 10 times now and it comes off every time for that same issue.

get a can of goof off, spray it on the sleeve number markings, let it soak for 3 minutes and rub those parts of the jersey against each other. it will come right off. ive done that about 10 times now and it comes off every time for that same issue.

Really? Thats amazing...now i've had one attempt at goof-off and it ruined my jersey lol. So where should i spray it at? Inside/outside?

I use it all the time and never have had a problem. Just spray it on the outside where the number marks are, it will come off for sure. When youre done just rinse off everywhere you sprayed with soap and water and youll be good to go.

• 4 weeks later...

What would you say the best thing to do on a small stain like this. I was thinking tide to go should do the trick. Just want some $0.02.

7683601.jpg

Try the Tide first. If it doesn't come out, I've had a lot of success using Clorox bleach applied carefully to the spot stain with a Q-tip. Every stubborn stain I've ever seen that didn't come out with detergent came out with the bleach. I've only tried this on white airknit and white nylon mesh, and be sure to rinse thoroughly afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright guys, I'm hoping someone's got some advice that might help me out here. I just stripped a white 1.0, and unfortunately the numbers left a fairly noticeable yellow outline.. I don't know from what, it's not anything I can feel on the fabric so I doubt it's glue. I'm getting it re-customized (properly this time) with the same player and number, so it doesn't have to be perfectly clean assuming some of it will cover, but it's pretty bad right now. I have tried soaking it in laundry detergent, Tide sticks, Goof Off, and a Clorox bleach pen. Nothing has really touched the yellow, so I'm looking for more ideas. Should I spray it down with the Goof Off and let it sit? I was afraid to do that for too long because I didn't want to discolor the jersey or anything. Or maybe there's something else I might soak it in that would work better? Or is there some kind of trick with bleach that I'm going to have to resort to, since it's white? Any help is appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Any technique to get rid of puck marks specifically? I scrubbed the hell out of this yesterday with tough stain removers and Tide with bleach. I never thought to use actual bleach, so maybe that's something I'll have to try, but I swear I was going to scrub so much that the I was going to scrub a hole in it. It's pretty much my only jersey that's in a bit of rough shape and I wanted to make my attempt at getting it looking a lot nicer.

2012-04-30_19-03-05_15.jpg

Real stupid quick question regarding the jersey I may as well ask here - it has no name plate and if I can get it all clean again, I'd like to get one added. I'm assuming it just needs white airknit material? It seems like an obvious question, but I don't have many older jerseys, so I want to make sure.

2012-04-30_19-03-37_471.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How should I tackle this? I'm assuming it's purple Sharpie.

This has already been addressed on the previous page, but just to reiterate - ACETONE!!!

It'll break down vinyl (screen-print, heat-press), any adhesive (better than goof-off), and it'll remove sharpie/ink.

Recently did this for a member here -

2666638730105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2790540810105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2853669480105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2551500870105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Apply, scrub, wash, scrub, rinse, let dry for a day or so, repeat.

Once the acetone stops working, soap and/or a good stain remover should take care of the rest. If that doesn't work, chances are good the jersey's permanently stained.

I had greet success with goof off. I turned the jersey inside out and sprayed directly on the area where the number was attached to the jersey. I probably used way to much, because the numbers literally fell off when I lifted up the jersey. If you don't care about reusing the number, id say saturate the back of the number with goof

Off. If you can get it to come off without you really having to pull on the number with any force, it' most likely won't leave behind residue. After the numbers were off I soaked it in water and sprayed resolve pre wash spray on all the parts I applied good off. Then I put it in the wash on slow delicate, and I added some tide and resolve carpet powder ( just to get that double resolve action going). I washed and hung the jersey inside out, then after it dried I used a my little steamer and iron to get the number creases out.

The jersey came out pristine. I'll post pics soon of the before/after

I got one for you guys. Mike already said I'm screwed but can't hurt to ask around. Basically it appears this jersey had the 8 applied incorrectly, removed, then reapplied lower, leaving this black line. It's worse in person, I assure you. Mike seems to think it's a twill burn I believe. It's been washed a few times, and my mom tried something on it that usually cleans up everything, but didn't. Goof-off is next on the list. Any ideas? It's a 1.0.

HPIM3107.jpg