2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I'm sure most of you have heard by now that the WC next year will be in Philly against the Rangers. What jerseys do you think they'll whip out? I think it'd be pretty awesome for the Flyers to bring back the orange uni's retired in 2001, just so the Rangers can bring back the Liberties. How sweet would that be??

Brilliant edit: It's official now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love for the Rangers to bring back the Liberty jerseys, but I doubt we'll see that. They might do something like the TBTC jerseys from 91, or the throwback to the 70's that everyone hated.

Has it been officially announced? I kept reading articles speculating Rangers/Flyers in Philly but still haven't seen a press release or anything.

Anyway, here's my prediction for the Rangers (before Brilliant posts the same thing :P )

Rangers12.png

Though I could see them modifying it a bit (names on back obviously, lace-up neck possibly) because they'd have to tinker with something.

It's pretty much set in stone that it's going to be in Philly, against the Rangers.

I didn't want to go too retro due to the fact that the Flyers are much more limited than the Rangers, plus it'd be a great excuse to return the Liberty. With that said, I could see the Flyers wearing their blood red jerseys they came out in, but they're a little too similar to what we're wearing now.

I swear; if the Rangers wear those stupid Liberty jerseys, I will murder all of you Philly weiners.

Wait....you don't like the Liberty jerseys? Seriously? I thought everyone loved them. Hell, I own one.

2015352610096032518S500x500Q85.jpg2524830390096032518S500x500Q85.jpg

What about an edge version of this. Sans the alumni lettering?

What about an edge version of this. Sans the alumni lettering?

I would like the Flyers to go that route for an alternate mainly because its not ALL black. The Flyers are the orange&black. If they ever are to go back to a black jersey, they need a fair amount of orange in it IMO

Quakers would be cool, it's different enough to work. But yikes, they are gross haha.

Haha that is a piece of junk. It doesnt surprise me at all though that the fakes would look that bad. They arent exactly great at replicating the detailed jerseys. The Hawks crest is pretty complex and the fake Hawks jerseys are the worst of them all.

Quakers would be cool, it's different enough to work. But yikes, they are gross haha.

Gross but awesome, I could go for about 5 of those.

But ######, they better release edges for retail this time around, not just replicas

Try to imagine the current road jersey with a black body and sleeves with the orange stripes. The sleeve numbers could remain white with a black background and the rear numbers could be orange with a white background. Nameplate would look cool in white twill with black lettering. "C" and "A" would be orange with a white background as well. Orange stripe at the waist. Pretty sharp IMO.

Oh, how I HATED those black jerseys. The Flyers are ORANGE FIRST; not black. I thought that was such a big mistake for them to practically ditch their roots by eliminating the orange.

Haha that is a piece of junk. It doesnt surprise me at all though that the fakes would look that bad. They arent exactly great at replicating the detailed jerseys. The Hawks crest is pretty complex and the fake Hawks jerseys are the worst of them all.

Of course it's poop but man do they already know? They had the McDonald's Flames out ridiculously fast.

Also, I love black Flyers jerseys. I HATE the new uni's with a passion.

Try to imagine the current road jersey with a black body and sleeves with the orange stripes. The sleeve numbers could remain white with a black background and the rear numbers could be orange with a white background. Nameplate would look cool in white twill with black lettering. "C" and "A" would be orange with a white background as well. Orange stripe at the waist. Pretty sharp IMO.

I think too much black with 2nd main of orange looks bad. Look at the Ducks 3rd. Yuck.

I think too much black with 2nd main of orange looks bad. Look at the Ducks 3rd. Yuck.

Oh well...I tried

Oh well...I tried

Lol don't give up! I'm just fat and ornery. I believe in you.

What if they used the Quakers design but put white stripes around everything, including the striping pattern? That would give it a bit of a barber pole look. Could be cool, right?

I'd like that, but aren't they trying to not take many liberties with the jerseys?

Gross but awesome, I could go for about 5 of those.

But ######, they better release edges for retail this time around, not just replicas

I agree, can easily see myself maxing out a few credit cards scooping some of them up if they are made.

Here's another one and kinda like this one better, without the "Alumni".

91-92alumnib.jpg

91-92alumnif.jpg