2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a serious question, so please don't flame me.

How difficult is it to strip one of the 2012 Winter Classic Flyers jerseys? Are the felt numbers and nameplate easier or more difficult to remove? I know the WC patch will be next to impossible to remove (the heat seal is like welding).

Thanks,

Merci

I'm not speaking from experience, but I can't imagine much of a difference. Just a matter of ripping the threads and possibly heating for removal.

I'm not speaking from experience, but I can't imagine much of a difference. Just a matter of ripping the threads and possibly heating for removal.

I'd be curious if the felt is even heat pressed, felt doesn't seem like a material you want to heat to apply but either way anybody that can strip a jersey probably wouldn't have any more issues then a twill customized jersey

Felt can be heat-pressed. I've applied that type before. From that experience though, I wouldn't imagine stripping it off would be too easy because it seals up very tight.

• 1 month later...

The Rangers authentic WC jerseys were mostly gone before the game. Reebok really cut short the production from what I was told. I've contacted 6 or 7 retaillers and they all told me the same thing, either they were only offered replicas, or what few authentics they got sold very quickly.

I'm still pissed I bought one on eBay only to have the seller contact me later and say it was out of stock. By that point, they were sold out everywhere. :angry:

The Rangers authentic WC jerseys were mostly gone before the game. Reebok really cut short the production from what I was told. I've contacted 6 or 7 retaillers and they all told me the same thing, either they were only offered replicas, or what few authentics they got sold very quickly.

I'm still pissed I bought one on eBay only to have the seller contact me later and say it was out of stock. By that point, they were sold out everywhere. :angry:

The place I go to that had both teams in stock (much earlier, obviously) said they were later told they weren't supposed to get them. Not sure why they're being so weird about making them.

There are a lot more Flyers jerseys available because of an unfortunate incident where a madman from Howell, New Jersey, managed to teabag an unspecified number of Flyers jerseys so the general public have been hesitant to buy them with the exception of die-hard Flyers fans, who had no shame to begin with.

I find this VERY shocking! I can't believe Reebok cut production short! This means it is going to be rather difficult to find these jerseys in 2.0s.... :glare:

Anyone picked a customizer for their Rangers authentic yet and had good results?

I used Cosby's for my 2.0 and it came out great

There are literally no real Ranger WC jerseys anywhere?

I really want one!

There are literally no real Ranger WC jerseys anywhere?

I really want one!

I've been searching high and low for two months, and I'll I've heard about is one that someone found at Cosby's.

If it makes you feel better, I have yet to find an Isles WC jersey <_<

THAT I don't believe :P

I've been searching high and low for two months, and I'll I've heard about is one that someone found at Cosby's.

Me too, I gave up for a bit but started looking again. I can't believe the junk people post as real.

Me too, I gave up for a bit but started looking again. I can't believe the junk people post as real.

I DID get my hands on a 2.0 NYR WC jersey at Cosby's back in March. Size 46. Awesome piece.

B)