2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Looks like no special jersey

Why do you say that? This is a marketing dream, no way they'll miss this opportunity.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you say that? This is a marketing dream, no way they'll miss this opportunity.

I hope there is one as I have put a request in with Meigray

Did anyone see the banner? They're using a retro Rangers logo. I smell jerseys.

1) Seriously? REFUSUCK? Did anyone else see that guy in the front row?

2) They did not unveil the jerseys last year at the presser either. However, if these were the jerseys, they probably would have put the patch on..right?

I am hoping the rangers go with the white liberty. That will easily be the best selling WC jersey. I'd even buy one

I just got an e-mail from the Rangers telling us to expect Winter Classic merchandise at MSG on opening night, which granted isn't until October 27th, but you would think the jerseys have to be released soon.

I just got an e-mail from the Rangers telling us to expect Winter Classic merchandise at MSG on opening night, which granted isn't until October 27th, but you would think the jerseys have to be released soon.

Oh, good, that gives me another reason to buy a ticket for opening night. Just compounds my other reasons...

:thumbsup:

Just announced...Rangers/Flyers in Philly.

Rangers wearing whites/Flyers orange.

Jan 2nd, 2012

:fight:

I'm watching the Flyers/Rangers game and I've seen a few of those fake Chinese Flyer WC jerseys in the crowd.

P.S. Avery is a punk Arse. I hope someone beats the hell out of him. I was so happy when the Wings got rid of him.

I think its hilarious how many people at the Wells Fargo Center last night had the fake jerseys. They're based off a Photoshop image for crying out loud. People think they're cool cuz they have them early, but according to my season ticket rep, those are absolutely NOT the jerseys.

I was at the press conference, and the game last night. Lots of fun. Can't wait for the Classic. Citizens Bank Park, after sitting in there with the rink outline in place, is going to be a great venue for this.

I'm going to be really bummed if the Flyers and Rangers don't actually do something neat with their WC jerseys. I as well as a lot of other fans have been waiting in anticipation of something interesting ever since it was rumored the Flyers and Rangers will be in the 2012 WC. I think it would be a total let down to the fans (once again) if there is no creativity. And it's clearly also stupid if the league uses something generic, they would be missing out on tons of $ in merchandise sales. I guess we will all have to wait and see what happens. -_-

Also, this was posted on the Flyers board over at HF:

317628_271800936176166_211686725520921_986932_2070103753_n.jpg

No real source, but people who knew key details of the jersey believe that these may be the final concepts. Edit: I have no clue if the Rangers are close, but the details of the Flyers jerseys seem to match up with what certain insiders know.

Get rid of the football numbers, and either make the "RANGERS" diagonal or replace it with "NEW YORK", and I really like those.

Man...that Flyers jersey looks like it came straight from Wal-Mart. Absolutely horrible! I understand they do not have a lot of previous jerseys to choose from, but I hope they do not go there.

Man...that Flyers jersey looks like it came straight from Wal-Mart. Absolutely horrible! I understand they do not have a lot of previous jerseys to choose from, but I hope they do not go there.

Hey! I own the t-shirt you are making fun of, and it didn't come from Walmart, I resemble that remark! (Yes I jokingly said resemble, and do own the shirt)

This is still my favorite proposed Rangers WC jersey.

nyr-winterclassic-1.jpg

Honestly, I like the concept from page 6 better with elements from the one you posted. Specifically the diagonal "NEW YORK". I'd probably buy either one, but I really don't like the football numbers on the concept from the last page.