2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Get rid of the football numbers, and either make the "RANGERS" diagonal or replace it with "NEW YORK", and I really like those.

You realize its a white variation of their 1946 jerseys right? Please say yes and save yourself?

Rangers12.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think the best one possibly they can use is a white version of the heritage (since the White Liberty one is too modern and does not fit the theme) and i would def get one if it is something like the heritage.

Worn or not, a white version of the 1946 jersey makes very little sense because...well, the Rangers didn't WEAR white jerseys back then. Also, for the record, I hate the front numbers too. I don't care if it is a template on an older style. It just looks stupid.

Not every jersey in the Winter Classic needs to be Vintage or actually be a jersey that a team wore.

Frankly, I'd like to see something new.

The Flyers can't really even do a vintage jersey without either using something from the 90's (too recent) or wearing something EXTREMELY similar to what they currently wear.

The Bruins made up their jerseys for the Classic, and frankly they might be the best ones used in a Winter Classic yet in my opinion. I'd like to see both teams do something like that.

Eh for teams that do have an extensive history of jerseys I like seeing them bring back something really old, but yeah for a team like the flyers they should come up with something new (especially since this is their second WC)

Don't know how the Flyers will have anything aside from what they already do, and the new ones they used for the '10 WC are great. They've really only had one style of jersey. As for the Rangers, they too don't have a lot to go on, although seeing their '46 jerseys would be fitting for the team.

And while the Bruins did make up their jerseys, the gold jerseys were used in the...1950's, I believe. Also, the cartoonish spoked B was briefly used, if I'm not mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was in the NHL Store today, and got my first close-up look at the new Preds homes, both Lightning jerseys, the new Leafs and the Senators alternate. All of them look pretty sweet, but that's not the point of this post. I was talking to the manager, and he told me they're getting the Winter Classic jerseys on 12/1. I'm guessing they'll be unveiled the same day, or a couple days before.

if those are the jerseys then its disappointing i think. I really dislike the Rangers one.

if those are the jerseys then its disappointing i think. I really dislike the Rangers one.

Likely just concepts. I'd hope the Rangers don't use football numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

if that is the flyers one then thats not bad

I just want to point this out, and take it for what it's worth. BUT the description states "Made in Canada".

I really really really hope this means that if the replicas are made in Canada, the authentics will be made in Canada as well. 2.0s possibly? I'm probably dreaming.

Hmm I like it, I just wish they didn't put the patch on the shoulder.

On some Philly sites they are saying that the Captain's "C" and the "A" will be on a PA "Keystone" patch on the front. If that's true the front would look really busy. The jerseys they pictured have a lack of black though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-latest-Philadelphia-Flyers-Winter-Classic-je?urn=nhl-wp16861

On some Philly sites they are saying that the Captain's "C" and the "A" will be on a PA "Keystone" patch on the front. If that's true the front would look really busy. The jerseys they pictured have a lack of black though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-latest-Philadelphia-Flyers-Winter-Classic-je?urn=nhl-wp16861

Wow thanks for that information. If they do in fact go that route, the patch would have made it busy. I'm just not really sure what to think of that design with the C and A's. It's different, that's for sure....