2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Yea that's a legit replica

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, gonna bite the bullet.

That guy is a legit seller, and a very good person to boot. Have only great things to say about HJO.

Good to know. I was about to click buy it now when It occurred to me it was not a goalie cut. Were there GC jerseys for the WC?

Even if there were one, you wouldn't fit in it! :)

I'd get a Callahan or something. I would not want a goalie name on a non goalie jersey.

I am really confused.

They all seem to have the curved bottom:

136342575_extra_large.jpg

This is not:

$(KGrHqRHJCoE8fe09op+BPJfusNGmw~~60_12.JPG

I am really confused.

They all seem to have the curved bottom:

This is not:

Thats because the replicas for the Winter Classic are not edge cut jerseys, I believe they are more like the old 550 square cut. It is legitimate replica but yes the cut of the jersey isnt the same as the authentic

So it is an approximation, not a replica. Shame on Reebok. What not only did they not make nearly enough authentics, they couldn't make reps that really are like what was worn?

I think I'll just say no.

So it is an approximation, not a replica. Shame on Reebok. What not only did they not make nearly enough authentics, they couldn't make reps that really are like what was worn?

Well ever since the seperation of on ice to authentics with the 1.0/2.0's Reebok has really been screwing the collectors. We had a glimmer of hope with the Jets 2.0's, WC 2.0's and ASG 2.0's but between limited supply on 2 of the 3 and the Jets already being produced in Indo-Edge safe to say we won't be happy for a while

I just called Reebok corporate and left a message on a machine. I will be shocked if I get a response let alone a happy ending.

Well, normal replicas dont have the curved bottom like the Edges do either. Plus the CCM 500 cut replicas are about 10x better quality than normal replicas. All WC replicas are made in Canada, other replicas in Indonesia. When specifically looking at the quality, I would definitely prefer if all Reebok replicas were made like the WC replicas.

Well, normal replicas dont have the curved bottom like the Edges do either. Plus the CCM 500 cut replicas are about 10x better quality than normal replicas. All WC replicas are made in Canada, other replicas in Indonesia. When specifically looking at the quality, I would definitely prefer if all Reebok replicas were made like the WC replicas.

I couldn't agree more. While I'm ticked I didn't get a WC authentic, the WC replicas being 550s is a big plus for me.

Understood. My thing is I wanted an authentic, I dropped down to a rep as there are none to be had so I am already settling. I know only crazy people like us will even know but it would bug me and I am not spending 200 bucks to be bugged.

There are a ton of replicas out there, I'd hold off and wait for the price to drop.

I was able to get a Callahan and Richards for $115 each on eBay a while back.

During game 1 of the current round, a kid in the crowd had an 85th anniversary patch on the arm instead of top of the shoulder. Looked really silly to me. I am certain 99.9% of the people that saw it did not notice or care.

During game 1 of the current round, a kid in the crowd had an 85th anniversary patch on the arm instead of top of the shoulder. Looked really silly to me. I am certain 99.9% of the people that saw it did not notice or care.

That's what makes us people on these boards who we are. I scrutinize all the jerseys I see as I walk around MSG.....looking for double-elbow sewing, font styles/colors. It's funny and scary all at the same time.

Who sold it is my second thought.

That is ridiculous it the first.

I don't know where to post this... but Kreider's debut jersey/first goal jersey went for $10.2 large. He's a Hall of Famer... haven't you heard?

This has obviously made some jersey reseller happy. I'm just happy Kreider is a Ranger.

That's pretty funny. Where on the sleeve?

Where the numbers should have been. lol