Burrows suspension poll question!

Burrows suspension poll question!   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Burrows be suspended?

If you haven't been watching the finals or missed game 1, then look at the video below and let me know what you think.

You don't bite people..c'mon. Wisniewski gets 2 for showing Avery how to brush his teeth, Ference(?) shows he is number 1 in Montreal and receives a game, how does Burrows not get anything?

You don't bite people..c'mon. Wisniewski gets 2 for showing Avery how to brush his teeth, Ference(?) shows he is number 1 in Montreal and receives a game, how does Burrows not get anything?

All Bergeron got was a little baby cut and the media complains all about it.

So, what you're saying is that I could come and bite you on the arm but if I don't break the skin, it's no big deal? Come on now. The replays CLEARLY showed him bite down on his finger. How they can justify him NOT getting games for that is just stunning. The league has been extremely hypocritical with this crap. Avery and Wisniewski get suspended for being tools but Horton practically assualts a fan and Burrows tries to eat a guy and they get NOTHING? HA! Right.

So, what you're saying is that I could come and bite you on the arm but if I don't break the skin, it's no big deal? Come on now. The replays CLEARLY showed him bite down on his finger. How they can justify him NOT getting games for that is just stunning. The league has been extremely hypocritical with this crap. Avery and Wisniewski get suspended for being tools but Horton practically assualts a fan and Burrows tries to eat a guy and they get NOTHING? HA! Right.

This isn't the regular season anymore. This is the final, the most important time of the year. Biting through a glove (after Bergeron put his finger in Burrow's mouth) isn't worth any amount of games in the finals. I think there should have been a fine, but there wasn't one for Chara's incident with the stanchion either.

You're right....it's the Stanley Cup Finals. THE STANLEY CUP FINALS. Cameras everywhere. All media outlets focused on everything you do. Every little play being analyzed and over-analyzed and analyzed again. WHY WHY WHY would you put yourself in a position to be suspended and handicap your team by such a dumbass move??? Honestly, if the team itself had any balls at all, they would have suspended Burrows themselves for being a moron. Same thing with Horton. But nooooooo...gotta win that Cup at all costs, right? Regardless of integrity?

IMO it's all about intent, not how injured a player is. Bobby Ryan was suspended for kicking Jonathan Blum for 2 games. Blum was not injured, but the league ruled that Ryan intended to kick (stomp) on his foot.

This isn't the regular season anymore. This is the final, the most important time of the year. Biting through a glove (after Bergeron put his finger in Burrow's mouth) isn't worth any amount of games in the finals. I think there should have been a fine, but there wasn't one for Chara's incident with the stanchion either.

I am agreeing with a rangers fan on this one...that has to speak volumes. I can understand if we are talking a borderline hit, then fine, let them play the game. But when you bite someone, how can you not suspend them? They are not 3 years old!

Also, Chara's hit was due to the fact he is a giant...clean hit. You can't suspend a guy for being 7 feet tall.

I'm amazed that the league didn't try to suspend the TV announcers for making the NHL look like a joke....

On a related note, how does the league suspend players for a "blow to the head" and not eliminate fighting all together? Doesn't fighting involve trying to punch your opposition in the face and head? Kind of crazy if you really think about it.

I really DO like the fist'a cuffs but not the stupid end of game brawls like the Flyers Ottawa years back. That was just dumb.

I think Burrows should have been suspended. Biting? Come on...thats an elementary school thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed that the league didn't try to suspend the TV announcers for making the NHL look like a joke....

On a related note, how does the league suspend players for a "blow to the head" and not eliminate fighting all together? Doesn't fighting involve trying to punch your opposition in the face and head? Kind of crazy if you really think about it.

I really DO like the fist'a cuffs but not the stupid end of game brawls like the Flyers Ottawa years back. That was just dumb.

I think Burrows should have been suspended. Biting? Come on...thats an elementary school thing.

Burrows didn't get suspended, instead he got to play on his home ice and watch the cup slip out of his hands! Haha that's a good punishment!