Islanders New Third Jerseys

CJ Matthews

I think the bottom one needs a thin row of white on the bottom of the jersey and sleeves, in between the gray and blue.

I know I am probably in the minority, but I would prefer black to another royal jersey. Diversify your stocks. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket (ok, I am deviating way too far from my point with these business/stock references)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should go gray primary, I don't believe a team ever has.

There's a reason why. It's an awful and unwelcoming color.

Lol it's better than another crappy black jersey. At least it's different. And it's not bad if you accent it properly...

I think the bottom one needs a thin row of white on the bottom of the jersey and sleeves, in between the gray and blue.

I know I am probably in the minority, but I would prefer black to another royal jersey. Diversify your stocks. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket (ok, I am deviating way too far from my point with these business/stock references)

"YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL DOW JONES" - Some commercial from the 90's, Charles Schwab commercial maybe?

I think they should go gray primary, I don't believe a team ever has.

Didnt the Milwaukee Admirals rock a gray jersey for some time?

"YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL DOW JONES" - Some commercial from the 90's, Charles Schwab commercial maybe?

The Dow what?

Haha. I am pretty good with stocks (well, I came in first out of 19 in the stock market game in my class, I beat out some really business savvy peeps and the teacher :thumbsup: )

There's a reason why. It's an awful and unwelcoming color.

Bah! I think grey is a great primary color for a jersey.

23urne0.jpg

img9258616med.jpg

img8678615med.jpg

I'm actually hoping with the new Jets colors/logo they end up with a primarily grey alt jersey ...

However for the Isles, I don't know if grey/royal/orange is a great combo.

LOL! I actually really like that grey Wolfpack jersey, but for the Isles a grey body would be bleh. I really hope they do something more creative.

LOL! Yeah, the more I look at it, the less I like it. I think it's entirely too similar to the Ducks disaster from last season in terms of all the crap going on down the sides of the jersey. I think it'd look better as a blue jersey, or even orange.

I really hope they dont go with the off colour nameplate. Its part of what IMO makes the Flyers jerseys that much more unique. The Sabres have already adopted that idea, the last thing I want is for that to become the norm

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

The font is ugly

The number font is ugly

The word mark is ugly

The jersey itself is unoriginal (works for the Ducks, not the Isles)

This isnt lacrosse, no need for the number on the shell/pants

No anniversary logo on both shoulders

I hate the the white shoulder.

Ugh.

Still gonna buy a couple.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

The font is ugly

The number font is ugly

The word mark is ugly

The jersey itself is unoriginal (works for the Ducks, not the Isles)

This isnt lacrosse, no need for the number on the shell/pants

No anniversary logo on both shoulders

I hate the the white shoulder.

Ugh.

Still gonna buy a couple.

Agree with most things here, but I'd rather have the number on the pants than on the front of the jersey, football style. Also, yeah, no double shoulder patches please.

Agree with most things here, but I'd rather have the number on the pants than on the front of the jersey, football style. Also, yeah, no double shoulder patches please.

I am saying 86 all the numbers that aren't on the back/sleeves of the jersey! No need to help defenders realize they are double teaming P.A. Parenteau instead of Tavares...

I think Brian Rolston regrets waiving his NTC to come to the Isles now...

I really hope they dont go with the off colour nameplate. Its part of what IMO makes the Flyers jerseys that much more unique ridiculous.

Fixed :D

The design image looks kinda amateurish to me, but it could have just been a first draft. It's the same thing that struck me about the Sens leak, why are professional designers using the same free-to-download online template that all the amateur designers use? I'd expect a better presentation of the design if it is official.

I might go to Stitches tomorrow and see whats up. If I had some money, I would definitely go and drop off my Witters Co4, but might just buy a Kirill Kabanov name plate and go to dinner at Pasta Lovers (great Italian restaurant if you are in the Queens area).

Yuck.

• 3 weeks later...

###### those isles...could've done amazing things with the lighthouse...still getting one though

Same. Its a disgrace. They knew the fans did not want black. I would have loved orange or navy.