Islanders New Third Jerseys

CJ Matthews

Bah, it doesn't look TERRIBLE in pictures, but I thought the same thing about the Ducks alternate and that thing looks like crap on the ice. I imagine the Isles thirds will look just as bad. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY did they go with black?

Bad decision, but I guess since nobody actually goes to the games they figured most people wouldn't notice :D

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reminds me of the old goat-head style Sabres with the current Dallas arched name. I assume they'll do the basketball style front number. I'm not a fan.

I don't know if I want to see the customization fonts. I am thinking this needs to be 3 color numbers and two color names. I don't think a block font would look good on this. Maybe the Thrashers font?

This template works for the Ducks, not the Isles and the Ducks' font works for this template

That thing is awful. Really lazy design.

Same. Its a disgrace. They knew the fans did not want black. I would have loved orange or navy.

Yeah honestly, why not go back to an orange alternate? The first orange wasn't too bad. Could be improved with the EDGE system.

Yeah honestly, why not go back to an orange alternate? The first orange wasn't too bad. Could be improved with the EDGE system.

I would love to know the design process for Isles jerseys. This had to be approved by the NHL and Reebok. They are just as much to blame as is Terry Goldstein (the creator of the Isles jerseys since 1995). But you think along the way someone would have stepped up and said "This is a piece of s***. No.". I would have loved a lighthouse theme main logo, 40th anniversary patch on right chest, Isles logo on shoulders (or blank shoulders), Islanders script (that was on their helmets when the royals were the alternates) on the back of the neck a la Colorado's thirds on a navy or orange jersey template that resembles the current set or the Oilers' jerseys.

I put together a couple of new jerseys with the same template.

Isles6.png

Isles5.png

Isles4.png

Isles3.png

Isles2.png

Isles1.png

The fact that someone got paid for that... do they make them bad on purpose? Seriously?

• 1 month later...

Looks remotely like the Philly Phantoms Color Scheme... Minus the awesome logo.

I really wish teams could have independant companies make their jerseys like Professional Soccer teams.

It would really make more sense to have each team choose their own supplier and it would guarantee each team didn't look like an assembly line style.

Just imagine the options of Nike/Bauer, CCM/RBK, Starter, SP, and many others. We'd finally have some nice looking jerseys instead of Navy, White, Black, and Red being the go to color palette for EVERY team.

Why would they unleash this monstrosity?

Watch, this will turn into the next Fisherman jersey 15 years from now.

I was sort of hoping for a fisherman revival!

I don't care, I am buying 2 of each jersey from this season, so I am hoping the alternate will be a one year mess (and turn into the next fisherman)!

at least the fisherman has something very unique about it. from the wave, the font, the numbers. this is just the dallas jersey with goofy colors. the islanders are lucky someone a really long time ago got the logos and colors right.

I hate that Islanders third. I agree that it's just Dallas' jersey with the lucky benefit of a better color scheme. Hoping that third doesn't last long... I saw a few cool mock ups of jerseys that imho would have been really cool, so this is a missed opportunity in my eyes.

That's pretty hilarious!!

To compare that to the Fisherman is an insult. The Fisherman was just...ridiculously silly, and used gaudy 90's colors, which is why I adore it. This...this thing, there's no salvation. It's just poop. The Fisherman was humorously goofy, and that's why people loved it. This has no positive aspects other than my the fact that my team won't be wearing it.

Oh goody, more borrowing from basketball and football. Nothing is sacred anymore and this is why I find it extremely hard to follow the modern NHL.