Trenton Titans coming back

Some of you may recall my post a few weeks back about the folding of the Trenton Devils franchise at the end of this recent ECHL season. The team had been known as the Trenton Titans from 1999 to 2007 and had a small yet loyal fanbase nestled in the region of central and western New Jersey. Well, it seems that almost before the ink was dry on the signing of the folding papers for the Devils, there were several people trying to bring the Titans back to the city. And now it appears that it is happening!

http://www.mercerspace.com/article/94911-we039re+back+trenton+titans+return+sun+national+bank+center

I could not be happier about this. Not only does it get rid of the Devils grip over the team but it restores people's interest in the team itself since it's no longer owned and affiliated by a team that has close to zero fans in the area. And season tickets will be starting at $11 a seat. How can you go wrong there?? Sign me up! My friends and I had a lot of fun at these games back in the early-to-mid 2000's; especially during the lockout of 2004-05 when the team won the league championship. I can't wait for October 22nd now. Welcome back Titans!!

Thats great news! Now bring back the AC Boardwalk Bullies and I'll be happy! lol. I always liked the Titans' jerseys, even the black ones (red was my favorite).

It would be cool if the Bullies were still around but that team just NEVER drew fans. I was at the last-ever game the team played against the Titans in the first round of the 2004-05 playoffs and there was about 1,500 people there. MOST were Trenton fans too who had made the trip to see them sweep the series.

I would encourage anyone in the vicinity to make the trip to see a game or two when they come back. It's usually a great time and the arena is still really nice. At least it was four years ago. I haven't been to a game since they were the Devils. I should see if I can get a job with the team!

The Bullies attendance was slightly worse than the Isles. I really like Boardwalk Hall...I think it is a nice arena. Unfortunately, I don't think watching a minor league hockey game is on the top 10 list of things to do in AC for tourists. However, one of the AHL games I went to this past season at Boardwalk Hall (Albany v. Hershey) was pretty packed (mostly Hershey fans though).

I really liked the Bullies jerseys as well as the Titans lol. As long as you have a nice jersey, you should be allowed a team :thumbsup:

As weird as this sounds, I actually really like AHL/ECHL hockey. I used to go to about 4-5 games a year. When the Bullies were part of the Isles organization, I checked their stats daily. I stopped checking ECHL stats since the Isles ECHLers are in Kalamazoo.

The nice thing about the AHL is that it really is competitive because most of the guys wanna play in the NHL, so it seems like it is higher scoring and more fighting.

Mike i expect to see you at some games!!! i could not be happier about this, such great news. I have gone to sooooo many games there and had a great time at every game.

• 2 months later...