How To STRIP A JERSEY 101

Ok I see. Now should I just spray it on and scrub or should I apply the iron as well? Thanks for the tips, this has been driving me nuts.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I see. Now should I just spray it on and scrub or should I apply the iron as well? Thanks for the tips, this has been driving me nuts.

I'd love to know this too. I'm similarly frustrated with my black jersey. I, also, have been using spray Goo Gone.

I got some Goof Off as well -- although I couldn't find the spray version. It worked very well on the glue residue that the Goo Gone was struggling to remove, but it was still no match for what I have no come to the conclusion is just staining that isn't coming out. There isn't a lot left, and I think that the new numbers will much of it, so hopefully the end result isn't too noticeable... Time will tell. Thanks again for the tips.

ok buy this stuff asap, its awesome

I sprayed it on a rag, wiped and it pretty much came completely off in 60 seconds

amazing

goof-off-fg658-12oz-spray~18777717.jpg

That stuffs amazaing but man does it smell bad. Just a heads up to everybody to be very careful with that stuff because it can stain if you apply it directly onto the jersey and apply too much of it.

how long does it take to stain? I was pretty liberal with it but I moved fast and then put my jersey in the washer. Looked good today but for future reference could be good to know.

HELP! I think it is self-explanatory what I did and am trying to do :(. The outline of the Reebok patch (the hard white border) is not coming off!!!! I spent 30 minutes rubbing adhesive remover on it and tried steaming it

Rbkvecto.jpg

Those outlines are EXTREMELY hard to get off clean. Get a scorching hot iron, put a t-shirt over the spot and then steam the crap out of the area with the iron and use strong but swift pressure and see what happens. Usually, a lot of the remnants will get sealed up onto the shirt and pull off.

Given the fact that it's a blue jersey though, your KOHO tag SHOULD cover it all up so you're probably in good shape anyway.

Thanks Mike will give it the old college try! (I am actually making it a 40th season Tavares, so a Reebok patch will hopefully cover it? If not, I might see if Stitches has extra airknit (for nameplates) and cover it like what the St. Louis Blues did.

Its a lot more faint now, but I am going to stop...I scorched the jersey a little bit (should be able to cover the scorching; it isnt as scorched as what I did to the Pennington :thumbsup: ).

Oh you're putting the wordmark on it? That probably wasn't a good idea because you might be screwed there. That stuff is incredibly hard to get off 100% clean. I've done it before but it was always in putting a KOHO or CCM over top which covered any leftover back up. That Reebok won't cover anything. You might be better off just going back with the vector instead.

Too late now lol. Its aight. A little is going to show through, but it doesn't bother me much. I am keeping it for my enjoyment and do not plan on selling it. The only thing I might do, as I said earleir is get an airknit plate from Stitches and do a slight cover up a la http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=168377512&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=168724222

You know, I actually noticed that Henrik Lundqvist's current road jersey has that same trait. There is a larger white box under the REEBOK mark than on any of the other jerseys. I noticed it the other night in Ottawa because it stands out like a sore thumb. That must be what it's from.

Cant be much worse than this:

IMG_9003.jpg

Nice!

You need to send that, along with a bunch of other detailed pics to a sweatshop somewhere, and tell them that it's how the new jerseys on being made. How great would it be to see the newest line of fakes start popping up with your name on the back?

The scorching looks worse on the pictures than it does in person (in person, it looks like some dark board burns) lol. Im an idiot :(. Either way, it was a learning experience. It is still 100x better than the Indo-Edge and costs less than a replica would have!

Slim, that would be awesome.

Mike, I know how to spell Reabock! :thumbsup:

HELP! I think it is self-explanatory what I did and am trying to do :(. The outline of the Reebok patch (the hard white border) is not coming off!!!! I spent 30 minutes rubbing adhesive remover on it and tried steaming it

Rbkvecto.jpg

So is this what we should expect to be underneath the Reebok wordmark on all of the recycled 2.0 game worns?

Rob, that or I think the Blues sewed the Reebok wordmark to a piece of jersey material and sewed the material over the vector (see the auction I posted above for pictures. The interior Reebok tagging is from 07-09 and you see the vector sewn on)

If you did strip it, it might set a world record for most individual stitches removed. Can that style really be that hard to come by that you'd want to take that on? I'd probably give it to EPS and throw money at it than spend two weeks dealing with it myself.