1994: The Official Book of the NYR SC Championship

NYIJM29

I was cleaning my closet and found a stack of programs/scoresheets/game notes/etc from the early 90s and late 70s (the late 70s was Cubs/Mets stuff). In the pile was a magazineish book, with a cover that read "1994: The Official Book of the NYR SC Championship". It is written by Stu Hackel and has an introduction by John Davidson, along with 140 color photos on 96 pages. It recaps the ASG, the regular season, and the Stanley Cup playoffs. I was wondering what is it worth. The book is in solid condition, considering it is 17 years old. If it helps, I can take a picture.

Thanks!

I formerly had an MSG 94 SCF program autographed by someone, eludes me who. But sadly I'll never see it again along with my Lemieux autographed 92 cup picture and 2 rookie cards. How's that for a loss?

I formerly had an MSG 94 SCF program autographed by someone, eludes me who. But sadly I'll never see it again along with my Lemieux autographed 92 cup picture and 2 rookie cards. How's that for a loss?

Thats definitely rough. Though, you gave me an idea. I will hold onto until the season starts and when Steiner has a ranger from the 94 team there, I will get it signed and then sell it!

Thats definitely rough. Though, you gave me an idea. I will hold onto until the season starts and when Steiner has a ranger from the 94 team there, I will get it signed and then sell it!

I'd keep it. Especially if you personally get it signed. Then again it's probably routine for someone so close to the team.

I am actually going to use it as a gift for my cousin's husband. If it really was worth something, I would have sold it (he would want me to and I need jersey money lol). I am sure he will enjoy it. If anyone wants me to send them a copy of a picture in here let me know. I can see if I can find a photomatch for you.

Pretty sure I've got the same book. For the life of me I can't find a pic of it online, but if I recall it had this picture on the back - or possibly the back inside cover.

NSAPCS7_EXTR.jpg

It's one of my favorite pictures of all time. You can get a poster-sized copy from the NYTimes for just $799! facepalm.gif

Oh and in my searches I found that copies are out there from used books sellers listed as "like new" for as low as $40. Others just listed as used go for like $4.

Wow, thanks Akteon!

I am just going to gift it though. If I can save my parents the $25 we would have spent on him, so be it...they let me buy jerseys on margin!