Fantasy league

flyhighguys94

I would like to head up the pay-leauge this time if anyone is interested.

The only diffrence is that I will expect the cash UP FRONT this year. The honour system does not work with people who have none in the first place. Plus someone will go MIA half way into the year due the fact their team might suck or they just don't care about the cash at that point in the game.

It was $25/per team last year with all the money going to the winner.

The money must go toward a jersey of equal or more value then the prize money. So basicly you will buy a jersey you normaly would NEVER consider buying but like to drool over.

As last years winner I got the Team Canada 3rd Alt Nike Swift authentic. Which was on sale for $190+shipping which was a perfect price. The two deadbeats that stiffed me set me back $50 bucks which would of been a custom job on the jersey. As it stands the jersey is still blank :(..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and Dan (dsl) came up with this..a free league but either a rotisserie league or a head to head points leave..both in Yahoo!, let me know what you think guys and either me or him will set it up.

I won my head-to-head league last year. Either way I'm in.

There's a lot less variance in rotisserie for what its worth. But seeing as I do not intend on participating, I'll try not to add too much fuel to the fire :P

I used to be a giant pool junkie. Wasted WAY too much time on pools...

I think I'd prefer head to head points. We can set point values for each category rather than just straight up category wins.

Alright fellas i set it up...the draft is Sunday October 2nd, 9:00 PM. The league ID is......ID# 19239 and the password is icejerseys.

Its a head to head points league and i customized the settings to what seems will be a competitive fun league. The only negatives i made in the point system is Losses and Goals Against. There are 3 left wingers,right wingers, and centers, 1 extra winger and forward spot, 5 defenseman, 3 goalies, 1 IR, 4 bench and 1 utility for a total of 24 players.

I adjusted the basic Yahoo points, i think it looks pretty good...there are 18 teams total so lets get it done boys!!

Ya its a free league...I kept my user name the same so everyone can recognize one another, I think it'll make it more fun.

Glad to have you on board.

And I'm in!

I'm not gonna use my board name, I'll use the same ID I use for my other hockey league - F*** Crosby :)

I'm not gonna use my board name, I'll use the same ID I use for my other hockey league - F*** Crosby :)

Hahah im down with that one brother

I'd say we should probably shorten the rosters by a bit. Right now, as a league, we're going to draft 432 players. That's an insanely high amount. If people don't care we can do it, but most leagues I've played in have 2 or 3 of each forward position, 4 defenseman, 2 goalies as starting positions. Starting so many right now is just a lot. We'll actually be drafting fourth liners most likely. I don't care, just saying. Thats a lot of players.

My team's motto is "We Are All Fourth Liners!". Coincidentally, that is the motto of the New York Islanders!

Seriously, my first round pick is Paul Bissonnette. If by some chance I do not have the opportunity to draft Paul Bissonnette, I will trade anyone on my roster (except for Micheal Haley, my 2nd round pick) for him.

Never done a fantasy league of any sort but I could possibly be down with this.

Anybody got a handy dandy "Fantasy for Dummies" guide I check out before I get involved and do something stupid?

Thanks

Rule 1) Draft good players

Rule 2) Let me win

Rule 3) Don't accept any of my trade offers. Brian Burke version 2.0 over here

Rule 4) Don't draft any New York Islanders

Rule 5) Look at how the scoring options work. I dont remember if PIMs count, but if they do, take at least one enforcer/high PIM guy that plays a lot in a later round (i.e. Konopka).

Rule 6) Defense wins championships, offense wins fantasy (I think)

Rule 7) Have a good time.

Hope this helped! I really do place great emphasis on Rule 4. Sure it might be attractive to draft Tavares, Grabner, Moulson, Okposo, Nielsen, or Streit, but don't...it will not work out and you will jinx them in real life.